You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

dave u

Not good enough, didn't score yesterday so we should sell him. You're only as good as your last game and his last game wasn't very good. Let's cash in while his value is high.

Sorry, I'm talking shite I know.

It's just that since the United game it seems to be fashionable to start a thread slagging off an individual player, so I thought I'd join in.

Torres has been far too isolated in games against quality opposition like yesterday, and was devoid of quality service and support. He was being kicked all over the show, but he looked frustrated at the lack of support he was getting. He would benefit from a partnership with a Beardsley type player, someone who can link up with Torres.

He looked frustrated from the lack of support he was getting from the ref.

In Europe he would have had numerous fouls given for the kicks and knocks he recieved but he got offered zero protection.

Even Andy Gray commented on the Torres booking saying he was purely asking the ref about the challenges coming in.

We all know the players are on a huge salary but some of them do still like to win and that is why you get players like Torres and Mascherano getting frustrated when a knobhead like Steve Bennett is in charge.

I was impressed with Torres yesterday. He worked his socks off and despite being kicked to high heaven throughout the game, he stayed on his feet and battled on for most of the game. He was clearly pissed off when he went down towards the end due to the lack of protection from the ref and had to come off after that. He will have learnt alot from yesterday's game and it will make him a much stronger player.

I know the thread is a sarcastic one but the other players getting slagged e.g. Gerrard and Carragher - are getting shit because some of us think that in order to justify constantly going on about winning the league title in the press means you have to perform in big league games.

Carra has been poor against United a few times now, a run that started 10 years ago, and Gerrard apart from a couple of games at Anfield has always been subdued against them. It hurts seeing good players like that not stepping up. There are others who played worse but we don't have the same expectations of them.

I thought Torres was good yesterday and got no protection from the referee or much support from his team mates.

its just funny really. the team win 7 in a row of something and everything is roses, get beat and i fucking hate this place, no wonder the players play shit if they dont get any support.

The players got plenty of support yesterday, you could hear the Torres song right through the second half.

Sell him, the Chief and Pepe.....

The players got plenty of support yesterday, you could hear the Torres song right through the second half.

Sell him, the Chief and Pepe.....

torres doesnt need our support, there are plenty of other players that do. also i didnt mean at the game, the support was quality, i meant on here

Not good enough, didn't score yesterday so we should sell him. You're only as good as your last game and his last game wasn't very good. Let's cash in while his value is high.

It's just that since the United game it seems to be fashionable to start a thread slagging off an individual player, so I thought I'd join in.

If that's aimed at me then you're talking though your hoop mate. If you want to sit there and believe all is well in the world then be my guest, but you head is in the sand if you do. We are clearly lacking in a number of positions. Some are down to players not performing as well as we've become used to (Alonso, Carra, Finnan when fit) and some because they are simply not good enough (Pennant, Kuyt) but to think it's all just knee-jerk is rubbish.

Torres has been far too isolated in games against quality opposition like yesterday, and was devoid of quality service and support. He was being kicked all over the show, but he looked frustrated at the lack of support he was getting. He would benefit from a partnership with a Beardsley type player, someone who can link up with Torres.

Spot on.

Its the same each time we play away to the top 3 though isnt it. Thats one area where we have gone backwards under Benitez, when we play away in the Premiership to the top 3, we look about as dangerous as a League Two side. Under Houllier and Evans we werent as good as Utd but we still gave them a game at Old Trafford.

This is the reason why I said although Gerrard is a world class midfield player he isn't the right partner for Torres... his inclination is to play in midfield and burst into the box, not play a striker. Yesterday Torres was isolated as Gerrard didn't know whether to stick or twist - whether to fight with United's midfield or attack Vidic.

The sooner we get a proper partner for Torres the better....

Stop being so fucking precious just cos he's your mate if that other thread had been about any other Liverpool player this thread wouldn't appear.

Carragher has been poor all season if someone can't mention that without the site owner throwing a strop like a fucking baby then what's the point of the fucking forum?

If that's aimed at me then you're talking though your hoop mate. If you want to sit there and believe all is well in the world then be my guest, but you head is in the sand if you do. We are clearly lacking in a number of positions. Some are down to players not performing as well as we've become used to (Alonso, Carra, Finnan when fit) and some because they are simply not good enough (Pennant, Kuyt) but to think it's all just knee-jerk is rubbish.

It wasn't aimed at you specifically, I don't even recognise your name to tell the truth. You obviously know fuck all about me if you think I believe all is well and my head is in the sand, so take your 'talking out of your hoop' comment and shove it up your own fucking hoop.

Carragher hasn't been at his best, but after all he's done he deserves the benfit of the fucking doubt, not for people to be slating him and talking about Skrtel and Agger being our best centre back pairing.

Reina is still the best keeper in the league, and although he fucked up yesterday that was an isolated incident and every keeper in the world makes mistakes.

And a lot of it is knee jerk, else these posts would have been made before the game.

Gerrard's misplaced passes in the final third at OT at 0-0 were a cardinal sin, give them the ball and they will punish you, the crowd were laughing at him, it was embarassing

Gerrard redeemed himself with 4 shots on goal, Nando was totally isolated, Gerrard couldnt find him

Stop being so fucking precious just cos he's your mate if that other thread had been about any other Liverpool player this thread wouldn't appear.

Carragher has been poor all season if someone can't mention that without the site owner throwing a strop like a fucking baby then what's the point of the fucking forum?

He's not my 'mate', and the Reina one was the reason for this thread. I wasn't throwing a strop either, just making a point. But you carry on bitching about all the players.

Have a look at the forum, and all the posts about individual players slagging them off. If those players are so shit how come a lot of people were so confident about getting a result?

It wasn't aimed at you specifically, I don't even recognise your name to tell the truth. You obviously know fuck all about me if you think I believe all is well and my head is in the sand, so take your 'talking out of your hoop' comment and shove it up your own fucking hoop.

Carragher hasn't been at his best, but after all he's done he deserves the benfit of the fucking doubt, not for people to be slating him and talking about Skrtel and Agger being our best centre back pairing.

Reina is still the best keeper in the league, and although he fucked up yesterday that was an isolated incident and every keeper in the world makes mistakes.

And a lot of it is knee jerk, else these posts would have been made before the game.

I don't know you either. I've only joined recently but but I've been reading your comments since teletext, and now on here for a good few years and you are clearly not one of the "All is rosy in the garden" sort. But we have played a team we need to measure up to, and have fallen short yet again. it's no surprise that people are going to comment on the players who havn't been on their game for a while now. Carra is one and so I've asked the question will Rafa consider Skirtel and Agger as his pairing in the future to see what the forum thinks Rafa will do. I think it's a fair question. I'm not hammering or slating carra, in fact I don't see anyone doing that. Carra has had the benifet of the doubt all season and he deserves that, but he shouldn't be untouchable. Threads about Alonso don't get this kind of attention.

I've also supported Reina in that thread and am not one for getting on players backs.

I actually think the main reason we lost yesterday is due to Man Utd paying off refs. I might be turning into a conspiracy nut, but it's just happening too much now with the Mancs.

The reason we lost yesterday was because we were shit. The ref didnt help but if only half the team had turned up and played we would have got something out of yesterday.

I dont think Man United were anything special but they will probably never get as easy a game against us ever.

Torres was isolated and offered no protection.

Gerrard was woefully off form yesterday and this wasnt helped when he had to drop into the midfield to cover the loss of Mascherano. As soon as that happened it more or less killed the game from an attacking point of view.

Alonso rarely had the ball and the only thing of note from him yesterday was trying to hold back Mascherano.

The whole defence was poor yesterday. Starting from Reina who put in the worst performance i have seen from him to the two central defenders who played like they have never played together before.

Couple of people say that they thought Aurellio had a decent game and he was alright but nothing special whereas for the second game in a row now i thought Arbeloa was shocking.

It wasn't an individual error that cost us the three points yesterday it was a collective team defeat as every single player out there can not come away happy with at least they played well.

Everything hasnt suddenly gone from playing well to now been a shite team and we are still about 3 players from having a team to challenge the other top three and thats both full backs and right sided forward.

Every team have an off day, ours was yesterday but hopefully the players will be fired up for the derby next weekend.

Why doesn't Dave U just ban motherfuckers who give him shit?

If this was my site there'd be nobody left on these forums but me, and I'd amuse myself into the wee small hours by looking through old threads where every poster comes up with a line through their name.

892cap012.jpg

BANNED

Starting from Reina who put in the worst performance i have seen from him to the two central defenders who played like they have never played together before.

Reina made those mistakes as the two centre backs were doing clown acts all game. He then went on to save us from a 7-0 mauling with FIVE one on one saves - I am not having Reina being criticised today sorry.

As for "off day" it always seems to happen against "them"... mentality needs sorting to be honest.