You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tommy Mascherano

Wannabe Scouse

MASCH: I COULDN'T BELIEVE RED CARD

Javier Mascherano today admitted he's still baffled as to why he was sent off in Sunday's 3-0 defeat to Manchester United.

Goals from Wes Brown, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani saw the Reds slump to a first league loss since January, but it was the dismissal of Mascherano and the subsequent protest which stole the headlines.

Referee Steve Bennett produced a second yellow on the stroke of half-time after the Argentina international queried a decision.

Television replays appeared to show Mascherano asking Bennett "what's happening" before the official reached for his pocket citing dissent.

Liverpool were left to play the second-half with 10 men and subsequently conceded two further goals.

Mascherano said: "I do not know why I was sent off.

"I asked the referee what was happening. I did not swear, I was not aggressive and I did not confront him.

"All I did was ask him what was happening, nothing else.

"So when he showed me the second yellow card and sent me off I could not believe it.

"I am sorry to my teammates because that meant we went down to 10 men and that made things even more difficult for us."

Mascherano, who is now suspended for next weekend's Merseyside derby, flew to Egypt to join up with the Argentina national squad straight after the game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a weird way I kind of respect him more for that yesterday. If only more of our players showed that fighting attitude we wouldn't get turned over so easily against the Mancs, a team which we patently have an inferiority complex to.

In a weird way I kind of respect him more for that yesterday. If only more of our players showed that fighting attitude we wouldn't get turned over so easily against the Mancs, a team which we patently have an inferiority complex to.

Is correct.

I loved the Tommy Mascherano song and sent it to a load of footy mates. One, whose allegiance shall not be mentioned ( but is obvious:( ) replied that this was his favourite of their efforts.

I confess that I laughed, but then promptly punched myself in the face and then ordered one of those 'Da Vinci Code' leg spike thingyies from Ebay to punish myself :whoops:

A mate who was in Milan said he was talking to a guy who said that he wrote that very ditty. He said that it came to him in a dream and he woke up singing it! He basically spent 3 days in Milan singing it to every single person he met and trying to spread this ace somg that he'd written. Fucking well funny. Looks like he did a good job!

I've been singing in to everyone since, and kept meaning to post it on here but forgot. Fucking briliant!

A slight change and it'd be ace beyond ace.

Mascherano from Argentina

The truth is, that he is a scouser

He hates United

He hates the blueshite

His name is Javi

Javi Mascherano

That's how it started out originally in Milan but! as the day went on it got changed to Tommy Mascherano

Later on in the night we were combining this with the White Stripes song & at the time it sounded great but of course that might have had something to do with the amount of alcohol that had been consumed