Quantcast
Drums, drumming and songs with drums - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

hamstrung

Drums, drumming and songs with drums

Ah fuck it anyway its a pearl masters in natural with zildjian cymbals all mounted on a gibralter rack if anyones interested,ill post a link from the pearl forum soon.

No way, you're not getting out of this that easy

I've pm'd you an email address to send the picture to, let me know when you've sent it and I'll put it up on here for you

Just pay the little old man on your way out

Metal drummers are often overlooked... Technically Dave Lombardo, he of the impossibly fast double-bass drumming for Slayer, is rather good, but I love Igor Cavalera of Sepultura, who used shitloads of Brazilian and Amazon Indian influences in his drumming.

Wicked tune, wicked band. Arthur Lee was a god among men.

True. Possibly my best birthday present ever was 2 surprise tickets to see him in Brighton 3 years ago. Fucker died too early, he was on fire at the gig. RIP Arthur.

EDIT:

Just read a youtube post regarding She comes in colours, it states Mr Lee once said in an interview it was about trying to have sex with his girlfriend while she was on a period. Its a good lie if not a fact.

Drummers called Dave rule.

Dave Lombardo

Dave Grohl (No One Knows- absolutely fricking awesome)

er,

thats it.

Re Igor - Arise, (from memory) was the album with a lot of brazillian drumming on it, pretty cool.

I would also like to nominate "As the worm turns by Faith No More.

Not exactly Mike Bordin's most accomplished work, but still very drummy.

Dave Weckl?

But yeah, you're right. That is about it for Drummers called Dave

I put the wrong Van Halen song on JNP's Secret Santa

[YOUTUBE]g0XLKcMoXRE[/YOUTUBE]

I have no idea if its technically any good, but it hurts your balls if you play it dead loud.

I put the wrong Van Halen song on JNP's Secret Santa

I have no idea if its technically any good, but it hurts your balls if you play it dead loud.

Excelent, is that not talkin' bout love?

I'll check it out when I get home, then I'm all over this thread.

ALL OVER!!!

For instantly recognisable you cant do much better than the double kickdrum intro to Overkill by Motorhead.

I read an interview with Lemmy were he realised Phil Taylor was past it because he couldnt do that song properly anymore. His current drummer Mikkey Dee ( ex King Diamond) flays the living shit out of it.

It's very good technique indeed, some very good double bass drum stuff going on.

Good shout Hammy about Scentless Apprentice. Fucking brilliant song.

[YOUTUBE]CEhIu4vtSIQ[/YOUTUBE]

Some others:

[YOUTUBE]xCF19cBWb0I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KCyQMmttcxE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]INMQBT-k77U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]U_UM9tmc5rU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

One of my favorite Drum Duels. Starts around 1min 50secs.

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]