You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drums, drumming and songs with drums

hamstrung

How the fuck do ya post pics on here?

You need to go onto a image hosting site, such as ImageShack® - Image Hosting

Select the file you want to upload, when it's done copy the code you get (the last one, 'direct link to image') into the form you get on here when you click the picture icon when replying to a thread in advanced.

If none of that made sense i'm still half asleep!

Here's my kit, in despearate need of replacing for a newer, sexyier kit. The toms and snare are an '97 pearl export. The bass drum is a mapex (bought it last year for studio recordings as I normally use the original 20inch bass and wanted a bigger sound)

Th cymbals are HH sabians (that sound amazing) and the hi-hit is a 15 inch paste 404. I also have a spare crash (AA sabian that you can probably see on the floor) and a AA splash, that's not been used for years.

The snare clutch is being held together with elastic bands, but it still sounds good. I can't afford to get it fixed/replaced right now but it's doing it's job.

I go for the saying, it's not what you play, but how you play it!!! (still need a new kit though....)

dscf0760kb1.jpg

dscf0763fo5.jpg

Haha, indeed. I was looking for a picture of Keith Moon's kit from his autobiography (great read, by the way). There's one shot, though, of an aerial view of his kit, and while not normally one for wazzing over inanimate objects, it did make me a little hot under the collar.

I don't have any pictures of my kit as it is a pile of steaming shite. I do like to think of it like athletes running with weights round their ankles, though. If you can get a good sound out of a shite kit you're doing okay (though I have allsorts of packs of rizlas etc taped to various parts of the skins in an attempt to make them sound better). I wouldn't swap my cheeky, slim Pearl Piccolo snare for anything in the world, though. She's a beauty.

Haha, indeed. I was looking for a picture of Keith Moon's kit from his autobiography (great read, by the way). There's one shot, though, of an aerial view of his kit, and while not normally one for wazzing over inanimate objects, it did make me a little hot under the collar.

I don't have any pictures of my kit as it is a pile of steaming shite. I do like to think of it like athletes running with weights round their ankles, though. If you can get a good sound out of a shite kit you're doing okay (though I have allsorts of packs of rizlas etc taped to various parts of the skins in an attempt to make them sound better). I wouldn't swap my cheeky, slim Pearl Piccolo snare for anything in the world, though. She's a beauty.

'Dear Boy'? yeah I've got that book and i know what photo you mean. A very good read.

Same with me, although my kit's falling appart, what with a mortgage and everything else to pay for it's what I can afford. In an ideal world I'd have a vintage Ludwig or Gretsh but my wallet doesn't agree.

And anyway it's the only kit I've ever owned and it's served me very well to this day, it's got a lot of attitude and sounds pretty dam good.

I've always wanted a Pearl Piccolo, would be a good second snare. Maybe one day!!

What I'd do to own one of these kits, i've recorded with one with the band and it blows your head off!. So loud, but sounds amazing on the recordings (after you've spent time pilling heaps of compression on the mixes and gaffer tape on the drums. The toms are very........very........loud).

bonhamfront.jpg

I always wanted a Ludwig aswell. Ringo's drum of choice. The closest I came to owning one was when I was about 22 and used to spend my lunch hours in a music shop in The Lanes in Brighton, Drum Cavern, or something. I somehow, through a haze of smoke, convinced myself getting one HP would be a good idea but after filling out all the forms the Dude rang the credit checking company who just laughed at me down the phone. Oh well.

I'm not in a band anymore so think an electric kit will be mine next time I have any kind of windfall. It's just not the same as hitting a snare and feeling the reverberation back on your face though - actually physically feeling the beat.

Haha - When I was wasted a good few years back I remember coming up with a concept whereby humans should ditch our secular form of communications and speak with drums because of the raw emotions you can convey with them. Fecking drummers. I reckon the great responsibilty of having to be more wasted than all the other band members at all times obviously eventually took it's hold.