You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drums, drumming and songs with drums

hamstrung

8 hours ago, Juniper said:

Tony Allen has passed away.

Such a great player. This album will be going on tomorrow in our house.

IMG_0931.JPG

Just listening to this album now, amazing. Thanks for posting it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Simbo said:

A bit of a curve ball but have always loved the drum arrangement in this track. All put together on a computer but love the way it gathers pace at around the 3 min mark.

‘Introducing....’ is a great drum album. Some real nice put together beats from samples.

This is my favourite drum arrangement from DJ Shadow. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2020 at 13:43, Stickman said:

April 30th 1976, The Who's drummer Keith Moon paid nine cab drivers to block-off both ends of a New York street so he could throw the contents of his hotel room out of the window.

EW2jCs3XsAICbkZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Brilliant scheming, but on the other hand, I'm disappointed in this... I thought Rock'n'Roll rebellion was all about spontaneity.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A bit of a blast from my childhood that I forgot existed, until it cropped up on the soundtrack of Brassic.

I recently found the original TOTP performance of this...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Brilliant scheming, but on the other hand, I'm disappointed in this... I thought Rock'n'Roll rebellion was all about spontaneity.

I guess when you trash three hotel rooms in one foul swoop you have to be careful..

Not really sure when Moon discovered his inner Leslie Phillips accent but I guess the Yanks lap that sort of stuff up

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Who said the drink and the drugs don’t work....

Keith Moon aged 32 turning up at a Who exhibition (In which he coincidentally gives drumming lessons to a 12 year old Zak Starkey)  a month before his death....

EeVeLiVXkAACKaj?format=jpg&name=medium

Although he looks a bit of a state there, I think he was pretty sober the last couple of months. He was on that drug (which killed him) that made you feel like shite if you had more than two or three drinks.

I read Annette's book recently (The Last Four Years) & other than a couple of really funny stories, it was really quite sad. He went for an audition with Sam Peckinpah or someone like that, absolutely off his tits & started doing handstands in his office, that bit was funny but Annette said it was absolutely horrendous for her sitting there.