Redder Lurtz

Facebook

On 16/07/2021 at 13:32, Section_31 said:

Just had this advert on my timeline, I also keep getting adverts for the royal navy even though I'm 41. This artificial isn't very intelligence.

Screenshot_20210716-132818_Facebook.jpg

That Tory councillor in Blackburn is really stepping up his campaign videos.

• Upvote 1

I need some help, A few months ago I accepted a friends request from a guy called Buster, as we both had an avid interest in the 70's band The Sweet. He sent me the odd video of the band but then he started to bombard me with not only videos but almost non stop messages on Messenger......now as much as I like The Sweet I thought enough is enough and so I tried to unfriend and block him but I was unable to.....this is where I need technical help ...
Does anyone know the way ....there's got to be a way, to Block Buster ?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, A Red said:
I need some help, A few months ago I accepted a friends request from a guy called Buster, as we both had an avid interest in the 70's band The Sweet. He sent me the odd video of the band but then he started to bombard me with not only videos but almost non stop messages on Messenger......now as much as I like The Sweet I thought enough is enough and so I tried to unfriend and block him but I was unable to.....this is where I need technical help ...

I don’t think I’ve ever been angrier reading a post on here than I am now. I clicked in excitedly hoping for an Amy update, and was greeted by this. You’ve made my list now, mate. I’ve been thinking of how best to deal with you as punishment for this disappointment, and have come up with something that’s never been done on here before - I’m going to follow you round on here and neg and reply to every post calling you a shithouse cunt.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I’ve been thinking of how best to deal with you as punishment for this disappointment…

Force feed him one of those burnt breakfasts you posted earlier…

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Force feed him one of those burnt breakfasts you posted earlier…

Rewarding bad behaviour now are we?

5 hours ago, belarus said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been angrier reading a post on here than I am now. I clicked in excitedly hoping for an Amy update, and was greeted by this. You’ve made my list now, mate. I’ve been thinking of how best to deal with you as punishment for this disappointment, and have come up with something that’s never been done on here before - I’m going to follow you round on here and neg and reply to every post calling you a shithouse cunt.

I will deserve each and every one of them. I've let myself down.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, belarus said:

tenor (13).gif

• Upvote 1

On 01/08/2021 at 12:12, A Red said:

Belarus has inadvertently given you some great advice there. Set an alarm for 4:30am every day and send him a message calling him a "shithouse cunt" over and over, ignoring anything he says to you. I reckon he'll hang on for a week maybe two before he blocks you.  

That or get him bummed 

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Belarus has inadvertently given you some great advice there. Set an alarm for 4:30am every day and send him a message calling him a "shithouse cunt" over and over, ignoring anything he says to you. I reckon he'll hang on for a week maybe two before he blocks you.  

That or get him bummed 

Why do I need to get up 4.30am each day? I'll write a bot that will do it all for me automatically but only until someone I respect sends me a pm advising me to stop. Well its either that or a trip to Belarus.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That or get him bummed 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Well its either that or a trip to Belarus.

Erm…

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

No idea what PSBSR is but I thought I’d better warn the Forum. We need to get ready!

B63CF931-372B-4CAD-A7A4-695D7C6DECA2.jpeg

4389E944-A7CF-49A6-B053-DC0A16A40C55.jpeg

Fucking Facebook off is one of the best things I ever did

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Fucking Facebook off is one of the best things I ever did

I made a new profile the other week and deleted the old one. It’s been a revelation. I moved away nine years ago so in theory it should have been a useful tool to keep up with how everyone’s doing. Instead, the stuff that’s dominated my news feed for years has been shit posts from pages I’d ‘liked’ filled with comments from mouth breathers which would just annoy me. After that there’d be posts from people I haven’t seen since school or since leaving old jobs, etc. I’d have to scroll through all that shite to find posts by my mates, my sisters, my cousins, etc. It got so bad that I’d go weeks without opening the app. 

This time around I’ve only added, family, friends, a few dickheads from here and a handful of people from back home who I know I’d stop and have a proper chat with if I saw them in the street. Too many of the people on there were people I used to know but have no intention of ever seeing again. I think I’m down to 80 people now, something like that. 

Aiso made sure not to join any groups or like any pages, so now all I see is posts from people I’m happy to follow. It’s like a whole different app. Still got no intention of posting much on there but I’m happy to open the app to be nosey every other day, which wasn’t the case before.

That’s the secret. You’ve just got to filter out all the shite. 

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure the PSBSR is a QAnon thingy where they think that the military will take over, announce mass arrests of the satanic paedophiles who are currently running the world via this tv/radio/loudspeaker system, and begin executing them. I think Wendy may be waiting a while longer. I wonder at what point will she realise she's dedicated her life to a dollop of horseshit.

29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I made a new profile the other week and deleted the old one. It’s been a revelation. I moved away nine years ago so in theory it should have been a useful tool to keep up with how everyone’s doing. Instead, the stuff that’s dominated my news feed for years has been shit posts from pages I’d ‘liked’ filled with comments from mouth breathers which would just annoy me. After that there’d be posts from people I haven’t seen since school or since leaving old jobs, etc. I’d have to scroll through all that shite to find posts by my mates, my sisters, my cousins, etc. It got so bad that I’d go weeks without opening the app. 

This time around I’ve only added, family, friends, a few dickheads from here and a handful of people from back home who I know I’d stop and have a proper chat with if I saw them in the street. Too many of the people on there were people I used to know but have no intention of ever seeing again. I think I’m down to 80 people now, something like that. 

Aiso made sure not to join any groups or like any pages, so now all I see is posts from people I’m happy to follow. It’s like a whole different app. Still got no intention of posting much on there but I’m happy to open the app to be nosey every other day, which wasn’t the case before.

That’s the secret. You’ve just got to filter out all the shite. 

I take your point and it looks like you have hit on the right way to manage it. I found after the Brexit vote particularly that things started to become very polarised and the shite on there just really started to piss me off. I also found that if I joined groups or liked pages on stuff I was interested in - mainly bands - I would find out that a lot of people who liked the same stuff were utter cunts - they probably thought the same of me too. So cutting it was the easy option for me, and I've found other ways to keep in touch with stuff. But its a good approach and one I will think on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

No idea what PSBSR is but I thought I’d better warn the Forum. We need to get ready!

At least we know TK is ok. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

What the fuck is a mahoosive, some kind of Canadian mammal? Where's NP when you need him?

Anyway, never been on FB, never will. Her Indoors does but she hasn't complained about being insulted yet.