Quantcast
Facebook - Page 158 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

Facebook

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My favourite are the "Anyone know what date the kids go back to school?" 

Yesterday Shirley you fucking walrus get out of your nightie and feed them. 

My mrs gets at least 4 messages every year mid August off lazy forgetful parents at my daughters school. She doesnt even work there either.

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

*checks Facebook to see whether Lifetime Fan is friends with/engaged to Gemma Louise Mealor yet.

Lifetime Fan - "hear if u nd mi hn"

• Upvote 1

Runcorn Police are worth a follow on there. They usually do a ‘Wanted Wednesday’ post which just leads to everyone taking the piss out of the mug shots. There’s been loads of times where the people they’re looking for have popped up and commented on it themselves.

A mate of mine died when we were 15/16 and his parents went a bit off the rails. I say a bit, they’re both genuinely fucking mental. I’ve seen his dad on Wanted Wednesday three times in the last year or so, with the police saying he’s likely to be seen in pubs in the old town. My sister works in one of the pubs and says he gets ripped for it every time he goes in. He’s wanted for breaching a restraining order on his missus yet they’re still living together and out on the piss every weekend. 

• Upvote 3

I deactivated my FB account recently. I pretty much only checked it when I was 

bored and there was nothing I found interesting or useful any longer other than maybe “events” and birthdays. This whole thing about the data scandal and alleged far right bias sealed the deal for me. I haven’t really missed it so far.

I want very little to do with the company but at this point I still can’t get rid of WhatsApp and Messenger as yet, but aiming to get out of the latter soon.

This Zuckerberg fella is getting on my tits now

Israeli-based group uses Facebook to spread disinformation to more than a million followers around the world, singling out Muslim US congresswomen

You’ll have to believe me in this because I’ve forgotten how to post pics...

one of my wife’s mates has just posted about how she’s just taken ownership of a dog that was rescued from the Korean Dog Meat Festival.  Lovely pic of the dog on her sofa. 

I’ve just posted: BBQ at yours? 

she’s going to go mental

my wife is going to go mental 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

This Zuckerberg fella is getting on my tits now

Israeli-based group uses Facebook to spread disinformation to more than a million followers around the world, singling out Muslim US congresswomen

What on earth is happening?! Don’t they understand that the far right what jews dead too?!?

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2019/dec/05/monetising-hate-covert-enterprise-co-opts-far-right-facebook-pages-to-churn-out-anti-islamic-posts?__twitter_impression=true

In the UK, the London mayor, Sadiq Khan, who in May said he had been forced to employ 24-hour police protection after repeated threats on social media, has been targeted by the network hundreds of times. The posts falsely claimed Khan said terror attacks were “part and parcel of living in a big city” after the 2017 attack on Westminster and that British people should “leave London if they do not want to experience a terror attack”. The posts have attracted abusive and violent comments.

Those behind the network have gone to great lengths to hide their identity. But Guardian Australia’s investigation has connected the operation to one known man in Tel Aviv, who goes by the username Ariel1238a.

No need for it, AT ALL. Especially when her son was only making sure everything was alright. It’s not his fault he was making a sandwich when it all kicked off over the road and happened to still have the knife in his hand as he rushed to offer some assistance. 

• Upvote 1