Quantcast
Facebook - Page 132 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

Facebook

Ive never had a facebook account. 

I dont think bad of people that do, its just not my bag. 

The Mrs is on it, occasionally she'll show me something on there and I'll scroll through her page and see that someone we dont know has just had a sandwich 

• Upvote 1

Ive never had a facebook account.

I dont think bad of people that do, its just not my bag.

The Mrs is on it, occasionally she'll show me something on there and I'll scroll through her page and see that someone we dont know has just had a sandwich

What sort of sandwich?
  • Upvote 3

Facebook has been great for getting in touch with cousins who I barely see for one year to the next. The only time I'd ever see them is at funerals, a lot are scattered all over the country so it's good to see how they are getting on.

I deleted about 100 odd people off my list a year ago as there was little or no point having them as friends, I had no interaction with them despite them constantly posting updates every day. Deleted one bellend who would barely speak to me in "real" life when I'd see him at my kids clubs but would then message me out the blue asking me to do fundraising for his Mrs charity group or get LFC signed shirts and tickets for him.

Also come to the conclusion that no one is arsed if you check into places or post tons of photos of your holiday constantly when you are away.

I had to reactivate my FB after months off it because my Mrs thought the neighbours were taking pictures of our house (I was part of the local neighbourhood community fb page) - they weren't.

I had a quick look through my timeline and nothing had changed. Inane posts, some bird who comments her fella's name in order for him to see something despite the fact that they live together, another bird who posts about what she does for the homeless and constant pictures of their children

Deleting my account was the best thing I ever did.

Wondered where you disappeared to.

Someone just shared this on Facebook warning people and im about to have a Falling Down moment.

Fucking hell

Do the crims wear shell suits?

Found out I had three half sisters after my dad had re-married. Facebook is shite at times but it enabled me to make contact with them & I went to the middle one's wedding in May

That's what Facebook is ace for, when it helps folk keep in touch with the people who matter to them. I don't know why anyone lets themself get wound up by the inane shit.

• Upvote 1

Girl at my work was telling me her brother's house got broken into at the weekend, the night he went on holiday with his family.

Apparently they were putting updates up every 5 minutes, 'in the taxi to the airport', 'at the airport', 'sitting on the plane', profiles obviously set to 'public'.

Nobody deserves that but some people don't half fucking ask for it.

• Upvote 2

Girl at my work was telling me her brother's house got broken into at the weekend, the night he went on holiday with his family.

Apparently they were putting updates up every 5 minutes, 'in the taxi to the airport', 'at the airport', 'sitting on the plane', profiles obviously set to 'public'.

'Switching on alarm (code last year Liverpool won league lol) and leaving key under mat'

• Upvote 4

I'm " friends " with a lot of girls I grew up with in West Derby/ Norris Green still see most of the lads I grew up with. As a hormonal mid teen I like most of my mates thought they were all gorgeous and doable if not marriage material.

You look back at their pictures now and when they were young and most weren't lookers either way. Sorry for sounding shallow but bear with me.

A few of these girls still are lovely but a few of the ones not so popular have turned out stunning. One particular girl was like Gazza pre Italia 90, mullet et al. Now this girl is gorgeous even at nearly fifty and was stunning when in her twenties. The gobshite boyfriend now her husband who was with her in early days has reaped the benefits despite being forever an ugly horrible cunt. He was friends with lads I know and would rip her behind her back, I found out and put him straight as did a few other lads as she was our mate. Halcyon days.

I'm " friends " with a lot of girls I grew up with in West Derby/ Norris Green still see most of the lads I grew up with. As a hormonal mid teen I like most of my mates thought they were all gorgeous and doable if not marriage material.

You look back at their pictures now and when they were young and most weren't lookers either way. Sorry for sounding shallow but bear with me.

A few of these girls still are lovely but a few of the ones not so popular have turned out stunning. One particular girl was like Gazza pre Italia 90, mullet et al. Now this girl is gorgeous even at nearly fifty and was stunning when in her twenties. The gobshite boyfriend now her husband who was with her in early days has reaped the benefits despite being forever an ugly horrible cunt. He was friends with lads I know and would rip her behind her back, I found out and put him straight as did a few other lads as she was our mate. Halcyon days.

Should have used it as an in, instead.

Someone just shared this on Facebook warning people and im about to have a Falling Down moment.

Fucking hell

02625b10ef0f95a0435616c33d1e03d3.jpg

Be handy enough if you had one of those heated front windscreens, you could just switch it on, and 30 seconds later, some free scrambled egg

• Upvote 1

I don't think that's asking to be burgled, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

People who post stuff like "watch out, police cameras on Queens Drive". Then comment on speeding/dangerous driving stories in the Echo saying the drivers should be locked up.