You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rage Against The Machine

Juniper

During a boring good friday I've been uploading some old albums on my iPod, came across an old E.P. of rage's called 'the Ghost Of Tom Joad'.

The live version of the Bob Dylan tune's fucking amazing, one of those songs I've been meaning to listen to for an age, but just haven't got round to. Makes me remember how good a live band they were (saw them at reading festival in the year 2000, their last UK performance)

I know they re-formed this year but what a band

Evil Empire's one of my all time favorite albums. Hope they can get together and make another CD.

How many other people wish they make another album??? one of the best live bands I've ever seen

Fucking outstanding bunch of noisemakers.

One, two, three another funky radical bombtrack started as a sketch in my notebook...

I remember the day Bruno Brooks put the full unedited version of "Killing in the Name of" and fucked off to the toilet. Nothing quite like "FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME.....MOTHERFUCKEEEEEEEER" drifting out of the car stereo on a summer sunday evening. Well funny. "Mummy, what's a motherfucker?"

During a boring good friday I've been uploading some old albums on my iPod, came across an old E.P. of rage's called 'the Ghost Of Tom Joad'.

The live version of the Bob Dylan tune's fucking amazing,

I don't want to sound like a sad anorak, but Ghost of Tom Joad was written by Bruce Springsteen.

RATM are amazing live. Saw them supported by Tool (!) at the Liverpool Royal Court in 94 (I think) amazing gig.

Also saw them at Manc Apollo the day after the Mancs beat us in the FA Cup final. Gig was still amazing.

The live version of the Bob Dylan tune's fucking amazing, one of those songs I've been meaning to listen to for an age, but just haven't got round to. Makes me remember how good a live band they were (saw them at reading festival in the year 2000, their last UK performance)

I know they re-formed this year but what a band

Evil Empire's one of my all time favorite albums. Hope they can get together and make another CD.

How many other people wish they make another album??? one of the best live bands I've ever seen

'Killing in the Name Of' is one of the angriest songs ever. The ending will never be matched, 'Fuck you I won't do what you tell me'.

Utter magnificence and a personal favourite.

• 11 years later...

Hope they do a couple of UK shows.

The current political climate feels right for them to headline Glastonbury but I assume they’ll probably just doing Leeds & Reading.

Would be great for them to release some new stuff. Prophets Of Rage did some Ok stuff but it certainly missed De La Rocha’s delivery. 

Also assume My Chemical Romance will play Leeds & Reading, which is significantly less cool. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Hope they do a couple of UK shows.

The current political climate feels right for them to headline Glastonbury but I assume they’ll probably just doing Leeds & Reading.

Would be great for them to release some new stuff. Prophets Of Rage did some Ok stuff but it certainly missed De La Rocha’s delivery. 

Also assume My Chemical Romance will play Leeds & Reading, which is significantly less cool. 

It’s got Glastonbury written all over it I reckon.

Prophets of Rage split up hours after the RATM reunion was announced so I think they’ll be lots more shows announced yet.

Fingers crosses there’s new material, sure the Trump administration will give them plenty to say.