You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cool shit.

Stouffer

Think I'm going to have to Nick the idea for the painting Stouff, I have to get me one of those. "This one goes this way, this one goes that way and the guy in the middle is saying what do you want from me?"

Think I'm going to have to Nick the idea for the painting Stouff, I have to get me one of those. "This one goes this way, this one goes that way and the guy in the middle is saying what do you want from me?"

A4 sized and frame will be sweet.

We have a whole bunch of those stormtroopers. We also have Han, Luke, Leah, Chewy.

Owning kids has its perks

• 12 years later...

I'm into these beer can lights. Making myself a little bar area in my house, getting a few to spread around. Loads of good ones on there, for sale on eBay too. Something for everyone

https://cultcans.com/categories/

Tony Soprano for @Kevin D and @Section_31

s-l300.jpg

One for @AngryofTuebrook and @Rico1304

s-l500.jpg

One for @Bjornebye

Liam-Gallagher.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

One for all of us

Jurgen-Klopp.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I'm into these beer can lights. Making myself a little bar area in my house, getting a few to spread around. Loads of good ones on there, for sale on eBay too. Something for everyone

https://cultcans.com/categories/

Tony Soprano for @Kevin D and @Section_31

s-l300.jpg

One for @AngryofTuebrook and @Rico1304

s-l500.jpg

One for @Bjornebye

Liam-Gallagher.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

One for all of us

Jurgen-Klopp.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

Bar lights eh? Do they use candles? Is the house insurance up to date?

1 hour ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

It seems like a big investment when try g to keep to an hour of TV a night. Might revisit it at some point.

I know what you mean but it’s the greatest TV programme of all time by a considerable distance so it’s worth the investment. 

I’m lucky to watch even an hour of TV a night with the Mrs as she turns into a narcoleptic the second she sits down to watch the telly but we started watching it about a month ago (first time for her) and we’re flying through it (which for her means two episodes most nights). 

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Some other programmes were also great but they still don’t come close to The Sopranos. Certainly not Six feet under. 

Six Feet is very different and difficult to compare, it's like comparing the best cut of steak with a perfectly made Key Lime Pie. Sopranos is more quotable, easier to pick up and watch a random great episode, but it also doesn't have the depth of relationship and emotional complexity that Six Feet does. I've generally stopped comparing TV shows that are all top level because they generally stand out by themselves and are required to in order to be classed as top level. Both of those shows are top level. Breaking Bad, Sunny, GoT (remember the reaction to Sopranos ending was even more of an outrage than GoT), The Wire, Band of Brothers, Mad Men, Grange Hill, The West Wing, etc., they're all top level. 

What I will say is the 'don't come close' and 'by a long distance' stuff is bulllllshit, Mr Han Man. There are shows every bit as good as the Sopranos. 

In other news, this is the worst list of all time.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/16/100-best-tv-shows-of-the-21st-century

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Six Feet is very different and difficult to compare, it's like comparing the best cut of steak with a perfectly made Key Lime Pie. Sopranos is more quotable, easier to pick up and watch a random great episode, but it also doesn't have the depth of relationship and emotional complexity that Six Feet does. I've generally stopped comparing TV shows that are all top level because they generally stand out by themselves and are required to in order to be classed as top level. Both of those shows are top level. Breaking Bad, Sunny, GoT (remember the reaction to Sopranos ending was even more of an outrage than GoT), The Wire, Band of Brothers, Mad Men, Grange Hill, The West Wing, etc., they're all top level. 

What I will say is the 'don't come close' and 'by a long distance' stuff is bulllllshit, Mr Han Man. There are shows every bit as good as the Sopranos. 

In other news, this is the worst list of all time.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/16/100-best-tv-shows-of-the-21st-century

Yes there are loads of other top class shows as I said, I loved Band of Brothers and The Shield especially, but I still don’t think any of them come close to The Sopranos. It stands alone. Apart from maybe Grange Hill. 

The only one I think may have been in with a shout was GOT but they massively fucked up the last season. I don’t think you can compare how badly the last season of GOT is to the ending of The Sopranos.

The ending of The Sopranos that caused controversy was basically one marmite scene lasting minutes, GOT was multiple episodes with some truly awful decisions. Shame. 

I can’t even look at The Guardian anymore for TV coverage. I never go on about people being ‘woke’ and all that shit but their TV critics push me close. They gave Chernobyl three stars yet will praise to the rafters shows based on identity politics rather than the actual quality of the Show. As well as the endless articles on Fleabag and Girls. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yes there are loads of other top class shows as I said, I loved Band of Brothers and The Shield especially, but I still don’t think any of them come close to The Sopranos. It stands alone. Apart from maybe Grange Hill. 

The only one I think may have been in with a shout was GOT but they massively fucked up the last season. I don’t think you can compare how badly the last season of GOT is to the ending of The Sopranos.

The ending of The Sopranos that caused controversy was basically one marmite scene lasting minutes, GOT was multiple episodes with some truly awful decisions. Shame. 

I can’t even look at The Guardian anymore for TV coverage. I never go on about people being ‘woke’ and all that shit but their TV critics push me close. They gave Chernobyl three stars yet will praise to the rafters shows based on identity politics rather than the actual quality of the Show. As well as the endless articles on Fleabag and Girls. 

Wet good point about the ending scene and ending season. I think the condemnation of the first few episodes was overdone. The final episode though... taking the piss. 

That list has this:

75: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

74: The Inbetweeners

9 minutes ago, Numero said:

Wet good point about the ending scene and ending season. I think the condemnation of the first few episodes was overdone. The final episode though... taking the piss. 

That list has this:

75: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

74: The Inbetweeners

Don’t tempt me to look. It’ll only wind me up.