You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zlatan Ibrahimvic is fucking crap

hamstrung

We'll find out if Mourinho is on a downward trajectory, or if last season was a blip.

Unfortunately Man Utd have the resources to continually buy their way out of trouble. If they combine that with the right manager, they will be challenging for the title. I guess we're about to find out if they have the right manager. Here's hoping...

As for us, we definitely have the right manager. We're not paupers but we're not as rich as they are either, so for us it might need a bit longer to build up again. However, I honestly don't think we are all that far off, and with a fair wind next season we can challenge too.

I hope Zlatan's ego is off the charts, and Mourinho's too. Let them clash. Let the fallout infest the club. Let some of their younger players tire of Zlatan's ego. I hope they spend loads and it falls apart again.

i think we all hope that Rev, but remember this is not the first time they have worked together, they both know what to expect.

To be honest, they might piss the league next season or they might finish mid-table but I'm not going to spend my summer worrying about the fucking twats and I doubt Jurgen Klopp will either.

Let them, their geriatric new striker and their horrible little cunt of a manager worry about Liverpool, the team that dumped them out of Europe a couple of months back.

• Upvote 1

Mourinho & Zlatan will never work, massive egos on the pair of them. That's why their last spell together was a massive failure. Because egos. Herp. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp.

*eye twitch*

Posted Image

Ah yes, the "I'll bury my head in the sand, stick both thumbs my arse & wish for the best" approach, otherwise known as the JP special. I knew the moment Leicester won it last year that we'd have plebs using the "bbbut Leicester" defence whenever anyone mentioned the correlation between spending big & winning big. Because you know, the fact that the wealthiest clubs in the big leagues have hoovered up the biggest prizes consistently over the past 20-30 years is completely irrelevant now that plucky little Leicester have won the league.

Few things would give me as much joy as seeing them implode next season, I wish i could share the optimism some on here have about Zlatan & Mourinho being busted flushes, about their massive egos clashing etc, unfortunately all I see is the Mancs recruiting proven winners. Time will tell I suppose, fingers crossed that you lot are right & that I'm proven to be a hopelessly cynical, know nothing fucknugget, not like it'd be the first time it's happened.

Being in the revenue top 10 clubs globally,

we should be fine then.

Guest Pistonbroke

They've been fucking dogshit since Ferguson left.

Yep, despite Moyes taking over some of our fans were saying they'd still do well, many of us said he'd be shit and he was. I remember being laughed at when I said LVG would flop, but he did. Some of our fans seem to think that they are going to be fine just because they chuck millions about. Mourinho may get them better results but they'll still win fuck all as others also strengthen, they'll be spending shit loads to watch defensive football with fuck all to show for it imo. You can bet your arse that in 2 years time Giggs will be back there as manager and they'll have spunked over a billion pounds between Taggart leaving and Giggs getting the full time job, and all that for one F.A Cup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He's the least intimidating star striker you could ever face. Very talented, obviously. Might produce a moment of magic. But, as a Liverpool and Ireland fan who's seen him plenty of times, he'd be far down my list of opponents to worry about...

His 50 odd goals in his last 40 league games suggest otherwise.

They could have had a prime Ronaldo upfront and it wouldn't have made any difference. They played for 0-0.

They would have done better with Jon Walters up front tonight.

His one clear chance and he tried to do something fancy with it.  A proper yard-dog - suited to Mourinho's gameplan - would have just shut his eyes, planted his fod through the ball and scored.