You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

Would they still be interested? I said in the another thread that I reckon we'll be on the market again within 3 years as I honestly can't see FSG taking us forward. DIC were willing to pay around £400m a few years ago to get the club off Cancer and Aids but those cunts wanted double that...

I'm sure FSG would sell for a £100m profit knowing they can't/won't build a new stadium.

DIC are currently wallowing in about 2.5b of debt and looking for people to bail them out! They fared about as well in the crunch as did H&G.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty I cant see anybody since the Citeh takeover becoming involved in the premier league with the intention of winning it.

There owners are capable of splashing out big money on players without it even putting the slightest strain on there wealth.

I fear anymore teams being took over now will be by people wanting to make a quick buck and get out.

There might be the odd exception were more oil people might enter in to it,say United for example but in all reality there are far more teams in the league who are a better option for being took over than us.

Without the stadium we arnt that attractive a package.

The only thing we have is the history and fanbase but the fanbase isnt that big a deal as its easy to increase if the team does well, and to somebody looking to invest that dosent mean a awful lot.

Buying any team who already have a nice new stadium with a decent amount of seating are better to take over and just invest a couple of hundred million into players.

As soon as the team start looking good and get up there challenging the fanbase soon rises upwards bringing in more money through merchandise.

Without a stadium the cost of building it and the wait for it to be built etc dosent make us attractive looking now as it did when DIC first came in for us.

I can see what your saying in regards to the stadium but you really think there are other teams in the PL who have better buy-ability (is that even a word, i doubt it) than us?

We currently have a small amount of debt in comparision to other clubs. We have options on the table for a stadium at leaset. Some other clubs dont even have that.

The fan base thing does matter, as alot of money is made from buying the likes of Kits and other stuff we are probably 2nd behind united in that respect and make a huge pfofit on it each year. yes you will build more fans if you win things but we have that already.

I think the only major barrier at the moment in regards to club buyouts is the new financial fair play rule. any big buyers will now sit back for a season or two and see how this can affect what they can spend and what they can earn etc.

I really don't want new owners!

I understand the frustration at the management of the club, but that is just it, it is the management and managers can be replaced. They do seem to want to run us as a sound business, they did allow a large amount of money to be spent last summer and they have acted quickly in removing Comoli, Bruckner, Ian Cotton and probably Achterburg and a few others will follow.

The stadium needs to be able to pay for itself, and I am sure that as soon as it is viable they will do so. I don't think they wanted Kenny at the time, they were hoping the Owl would manage to muddle through until the end of the season and then they would have appointed someone younger, but the last remnant of the last regime left them with a useless gobshite in charge who would have took the club into a relegation battle, they needed to act quickly and Kenny was the result. Had we finished mid table, they would not have kept him on.

Edit: Acted like disrespectful cunts today though!