You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

Ok lets say that is what happenens TH ownes now 50% of a Business worth

440m

if he can't find the money for his 50% of the stadium costs and DIC underwite it his stake in the company would be diluted to 25% if the stadium costs are 400m as he would only have 220M of something that cost 840m

He cant sell to anyone else as he would first have to offer them to DIC no one would want to put 220m into something they have no say in what so ever as the would be in a 4-2 position

If DIC get 50% it is all over for HIcks and he knows that

Doesn't it depend on what they agreed for their partnership though? If DIC buy out GG, then don't they take over his side of the partnership?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't it depend on what they agreed for their partnership though? If DIC buy out GG, then don't they take over his side of the partnership?

Hicks and DIC will most likely negotiate re: the members on the board. Hicks is not stupid enough to make Parry and Moores remain on board.

DIC can make it hard with Hicks. Hicks can make it hard for DIC too.

Hicks and DIC will most likely negotiate re: the members on the board. Hicks is not stupid enough to make Parry and Moores remain on board.

DIC can make it hard with Hicks. Hicks can make it hard for DIC too.

So let me get this straight, Hicks might make DIC hard, which might make Hicks hard?

Guest Kenny
I've been told the following:

There is no 90-day deadline.

Gillett can sell to DIC.

DIC will not buy 50%.

There is no legal way of pushing Hicks out once they have 50%.

They tried to agree a deal where Hicks would then sell his stake once the stadium is completed.

Hicks wants to be here until that point. He wants to build the stadium. He wants to be involved in the naming rights.

Plan B is to wait until the refinance is needed before trying to squeeze him out. Ideally, though, they want him out in the summer.

Amanda will have nothing to do with the running of the club.

Neither will Ansari.

Gillett is not ill (health-wise at least).

On a separate issue, they had originally put aside money to pay off Rafa and bring in Mourinho. I don't know if that's still the case, but Ansari is said to be worried about our Prem Lg performances, despite admitting that more financial muscle is needed to compete with Chelsea / Man Utd.

To sum all this up, it looks like we're waiting until the loan expiry before anything concrete happens.

Thanks, so are you saying we are waiting until next year before anything happens? or even Hicks has a veto for life if its not 90 days? If GG can sell now to DIC why doesnt he, whats the wait?

From what ive been told is DIC no longer see Rafa as an expendable resource.

I do believe that had DIC not witnessed the support for Rafa from the fans then had they bought the club then we may well have a new manager now.

DIC were planning on buying Liverpool initially from a business point of view but due to the increase in costs that is not now purely the case.

Thanks, so are you saying we are waiting until next year before anything happens? or even Hicks has a veto for life if its not 90 days? If GG can sell now to DIC why doesnt he, whats the wait?

If you were in charge at DIC, would you go into partnership with Tom Hicks?

I personally think it's 100% or nothing and DIC are hoping they can secure that after the season has ended.

I think they may be prepared to wait the 18 months until that last lot of finance is called in, but is Gillett? Possibly, but only with 'backing' :whistle: from DIC.

That's one utterly utterly horrible picture.

Everything about it screams 'fake bastards'.

There's not a single person in that picture that appears remotely genuine, they can't even look at each other. Perhaps it's the co-incidental timing of the shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if the didn't know where to avert their eyes in the seemingly ridiculous charade.

This is Business DIC would take the 50% now knowing with Moores and Parry they could isolate Hicks and once hicks has gone so to will Moorse and Parry for their usefullness will have run its course

Also they cant come out publicly and say there is a binding agreement that one party cant sell without offering to the other first if this isnt the case there are Laws that govern the practice

When the time scale for Hicks to match DIC's offer for Gillet's shares as passed then DIC will complete there deal and then there will be a new board meeting at that point the new stadium will be discused and its funding and that will be the end of Hicks if he hadnt gone before there will be rules regarding the time allowed for a new rights issue so he could drag it out as far as they allow him to but i think he will have gone before then

I think he is trying to get the money to buy Gillets shares himself and that will be the key if he can or can't come up with the cash

but seeing Rush and Phil Neal and Tom Hicks at the training ground on Wednesday as well as Rafa and the DIC group tells you something is happening IMHO

That's one utterly utterly horrible picture.

Everything about it screams 'fake bastards'.

There's not a single person in that picture that appears remotely genuine, they can't even look at each other. Perhaps it's the co-incidental timing of the shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if the didn't know where to avert their eyes in the seemingly ridiculous charade.

That’s a bit harsh on the transvestite at the front in the red scarf

Guest Kenny

There must be a limitation on the period during which the buyout needs to

be done. It has to be there, otherwise it would have

had the effect of tying the two together permanently which in contract

terms, is untenable. Not a court in the land would allow it if

challenged, so they gave a set period. Surely.

It's in the little shortarse's hands more than anyone else's I think. If Hicks gets the money, he'll accept an offer that at least matches what DIC are offering. Anyone who thinks he's going to hold out for the sake of the club has fallen for the Gillett effect.

You may be right and it's more than a possibility.

However if DIC are truly determined to get their hands on us, I'm sure they can think of ways to keep Gillett sweet for another 12-18 months.

Jim, everything I wrote was from DIC's perspective. This is how they view the current situation.

They are hoping to sort out this 'mess' before the end of May, but they have grudgingly admitted that they may have to wait until the refinance is needed, before forcing Hicks's hand.

On the CEO note, they will be looking for an expert to run the club. Someone with valuable experience. They will also apoint a DIC representative as Chairman of the board, and even though that could well be Ansari, that issue has not even been discussed yet.

They respect Ian Ayre's work and belive he can indeed tap into the Asian market, but they refer to him as "Hicks's man" and will be disposing of his services. Parry will definitely been sacked with immediate effect.

Apparently, however, they're looking to keep Moores in a non-executive role because he's (and I quote) "popular amongst the fans"!!!

Regarding the way they view this investment, they see this as a long-term project, where enough profit will be made to safeguard their initial investment, pay for the stadium and generate enough income to bring in world class players.

By "they" are you referring to DIC?

Yes, DIC had Mourinho in mind, and were so serious, they put money aside for his contract.

From what I've understood, Hicks doesn't have a veto as such. There seems to be some sort of verbal agreement between the 2, but from where DIC stand, they can buy Gillett's shares tomorrow if they wanted to.

The problem is, DIC will not spend a penny on the club unless they are guaranteed full control.

etc etc - Who told you this. David Moyes?

Yes mate. Moyes told me all this. And you are?

Moe Real Red

I dont doubt what you are saying but in Business money is king if DIC really want the club?

Then they will have to get what they can of it when they can or risk losing it forever ? I cant see this dragging on for another 18 months to be honest it will damage the club to much its wounded now but could recover

If we have another season of free transfers and Dumb and Dumber and further delays on a stadium start then there will be real unrest next season from day one

I know briefings have been issued to people but lots of smoke and mirrors are used at this level of business and what is said today can change tomorrow

That doesnt mean people didnt tell the truth just that things changed that made what they said yesterday no longer correct if this makes any sense

Hicks either comes up with the cash and where fucked or DIC take control and we take are chances with them

And if DIC fuck about in taking control by delaying then i hope another buyer steps in who would like a home for his billions

and im sure im not the only one who feels this way