You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seconded, but i shit myself when i saw the title of your thread, thought it was going to read "has died of a heart attack...."

Hope he does, the fat cheating argentine drug using cunt.

Great player, but all of my previous goes before that.

Have to admire his ability, but the rest of it belittles his greatness.

Plus I hate Argentines.

Plus I hate Argentines.

Nonsense. It adds to it!

Plus I hate Argentines.

What's wrong with Argetines? And you hate them all? That's as bad as hating all black people.

Would advise to turn the sound off.

[YOUTUBE]953rOfQ8Y0w[/YOUTUBE]

Oh I see, Suarez is trying to imitate all the tricks that Pele used to do. He must have seen that youtube clip too. But quite a players Pele was, considering those turfs were quite horrible back then to be honest. The ball is constantly bouncing, but he still does manages to do some amazing things with it. My hat is off to Pele.

I think Messi is the best ever, anyway. He's surpassed Diego and Pele.

Messi is obviously the best ever and there are loads of players better than Pele and Maradona.

Its when you compare the players with other players from their same era it gets a bit more difficult.

• Upvote 1

Messi is obviously the best ever and there are loads of players better than Pele and Maradona.

Its when you compare the players with other players from their same era it gets a bit more difficult.

Name them. And it's not at all obvious that Messi's the best ever. Are you on a wind up?

Most definetly on wind up mode tonight Code.

Maradona has done it at every level and for different teams of different grades.

Messi has to leave Barca and the other two world player of the years he plays with and do it with someone like lesser like Diego did with Napoli.

For me Messi can still go down as the greatest but he needs to get out of his comfort zone.

Pele was immense.

But look at the league's he played in. At least Diego moved to Europe to prove he was the greatest, rather than stay in his comfort zone.

Maradona > Pele

Hardly anybody changed clubs back then and Pele could not leave even if he wanted to. The Brazilian Government declared him a national treasure in 1961 and it meant he could not play in another country.

Santos played against the top European sides and if I remember right defeated them all. He scored 92 hat tricks and four goals 31 times. 77 goals in 92 games for Brazil. When you have players of standing of Cruyff Beckenbaur Di Stefano and Eusebio calling him the greatest player ever it worth listening to.

Also the Brazilian league at that time was far better than the European ones and just think how many times Brazil won the world cup up to 1970 with every player playing in the Brazilian league. The guy even stopped a war as both sides wanted to see him play.

Hardly anybody changed clubs back then and Pele could not leave even if he wanted to. The Brazilian Government declared him a national treasure in 1961 and it meant he could not play in another country.

Santos played against the top European sides and if I remember right defeated them all. He scored 92 hat tricks and four goals 31 times. 77 goals in 92 games for Brazil. When you have players of standing of Cruyff Beckenbaur Di Stefano and Eusebio calling him the greatest player ever it worth listening to.

Also the Brazilian league at that time was far better than the European ones and just think how many times Brazil won the world cup up to 1970 with every player playing in the Brazilian league. The guy even stopped a war as both sides wanted to see him play.

Good stuff.

Maradona was still better though.

Good stuff.

Maradona was still better though.

Not when you consider he started taking cocaine when he signed for Barcelona. The likes of Pele and Cruyff using coke or Zidane would of seen them playing even better again.

Cocaine use for a footballer gives them a amazing advantage against ones who don't.

So from 1983 he was using cocaine.

So he is null and void as the greatest player ever , just like any other athlete.

By the way I loved the guy so fucking skilful but you can only get hold of little bits of Pele playing.

Not when you consider he started taking cocaine when he signed for Barcelona. The likes of Pele and Cruyff using coke or Zidane would of seen them playing even better again.

Cocaine use for a footballer gives them a amazing advantage against ones who don't.

So from 1983 he was using cocaine.

So he is null and void as the greatest player ever , just like any other athlete.

Ha Ha now come on mate. Doing the amount of beak he was doing would have quite the opposite effect to what you suggest. When he was near death a few years ago the doctor treating him stated that he had the heart function of a man 30 years older than him.

To be honest I've no real problem with people saying Pele was the best ever, or De Stefano, Cruyff or Messi for that matter. I just believe Maradona is.

Ha Ha now come on mate. Doing the amount of beak he was doing would have quite the opposite effect to what you suggest. When he was near death a few years ago the doctor treating him stated that he had the heart function of a man 30 years older than him.

To be honest I've no real problem with people saying Pele was the best ever, or De Stefano, Cruyff or Messi for that matter. I just believe Maradona is.

I don't myself I love Maradona to bits but it dosent take away the fact cocaine use in nearly every sport gives you a major advantage.