Quantcast
What reception will you give Owen? - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Kevin D

What reception will you give Owen?

Owen did more for this club than all the whingers on this site could ever do put together. I was there at many of the matches he won for us single handed - he deserves respect for keeping us in the top half of the table under Houllier. He'll get warm applause from me.

so owen has done more for the clubs than the fans? LOL!

so owen has done more for the clubs than the fans? LOL!

During his time with the club, Owen did more for the club than any other player. What did the people who are moaning about him on here do?

During his time with the club, Owen did more for the club than any other player. What did the people who are moaning about him on here do?

I have fond memories of little Mikey, but that's a ridiculous argument.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

oh wait, you're serious!!!

I dont think i'll give him any particular welcome. I'll clap his name perhaps when it is announced, but i wont cheer it heartily as he isnt a liverpool player. I appreciate all he did for us, but he wasted a lot og that work by running out on us.

Wont boo him though, that isnt fair on him and is classless. I sang "should have signed for a big club" last time he came back here, but wont do it again.

Applause from me. He is a legend. When you think that we serenade clowns like Erik Meijer and as Chris said yesteray David James of spice boy fame gets applauded to the rafters it's kind of the right thing to do isn't it?

Why is he a clown?

Which is the same as saying you'll boo him.

I'll poke your eyes out with the discarded sticks Olly if you're not careful. Don't upset my buffetology.

Went to Istanbul.

Owen did more for this club than all the whingers on this site could ever do put together. I was there at many of the matches he won for us single handed - he deserves respect for keeping us in the top half of the table under Houllier. He'll get warm applause from me.

I could never diddle the club out of £10m so he did far more than I could on that count.

oh wait, you're serious!!!

mmmmm... well debated there. Tell me which player did more than Owen to further LFC during his time here, and I might think you're not quite the retard that you appear to be.

I could never diddle the club out of £10m so he did far more than I could on that count.

Very good Stuart, but how much did he bring into the club? Not that easy to calculate, but I'm sure it would be more than he diddled us out of.

And he would have dibbled (good word!) the club out of another £8m if Rafa hadnt stepped in put him on the spot. He was trying to run out his contract, he admitted that. If he had been honest at the start and said he was going to leave we could have sold him for £20m. i cannot aplaud someone who tries to loose the club that much money. Never mind the fact that he thought he was too good for this club.

Deserves a decent reception. Amazing how we laud the likes of Heskey, Berger, Redknapp even Danny Murphy gets a better reception than Owen. That can't be right.

He should get what he deserves - polite acknowledgment in that he was once a LFC player, ridicule that his ego and greed led him to make such bad career moves, pity that he plays for Newcastle and frank acknowledgment that he has been no more than a journeyman even since he left the cocoon Houllier created for him where the team was designed to help him achieve the only thing he really cared about - his goal scoring totals, complete with penalties, or at least the 50% penalties he actually succeeded with.

So would it be fair to say opinion is divided on Owen's legacy? It's gotta be in the top 5 contentious subjects for LFC supporters. This week, the top 5 looks like this...

1. Kuyt (it's a marmite thing)

2. Is Rafa the man to take us forward?

3. Owen clapometer

4. Crouch (it's a nutella thing)

5. Alonso

Subjects where the overwhelming majority of the support is one side don't get into the top 5, so Hicks has some way to go.

So would it be fair to say opinion is divided on Owen's legacy? It's gotta be in the top 5 contentious subjects for LFC supporters. This week, the top 5 looks like this...

1. Kuyt (it's a marmite thing)

2. Is Rafa the man to take us forward?

3. Owen clapometer

4. Crouch (it's a nutella thing)

5. Alonso

Subjects where the overwhelming majority of the support is one side don't get into the top 5, so Hicks has some way to go.

Thanks for that.