You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What reception will you give Owen?

Kevin D

On saturday our golden boy returns home. He helped win us trophy after trophy and was always a huge threat for us against any opposition.

Obviously the way he left annoyed a lot of our fans so out of curiousity , have people calmed down and will he be applauded when he enters the pitch?

What are your thoughts in general on Owen?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound arsey but this subject has been done so many times here. It'll broadly fall into two camps, those who won't forgive him for the way he left and feel he deserves all he gets and those who think he's Saint Michael.

Legend for us when he played. Reaping what he has sewn for himself now, but still definitely worthy of a clap when he runs on to the pitch.

Very few ex-Liverpool players get anything less. Owen was an exceptional talent and could have made the difference in the Premiership where Rafa's teams have struggled for consistency against the top sides.

He has more regrets than we do though.

Like most ex red`s returning to Anfield i`ll give him the respect that he deserves but I hope that he plays shite.

He was awsome when he played for us but it was his choice to leave and i`m sure that he will look back at the end of his career and probably admit to himself that he made a great big fucking mistake.

A fuckin decent one, at one time when we are at are boring worst under Houllier we used to walk the game dying to see Michael Owen on song, its bullshit he didn't care about us, his pre-occupation with England was gotten worse since he lefy Anfield and if you see him interviewed he's obviously gutted he ever left...

On saturday our golden boy returns home. He helped win us trophy after trophy and was always a huge threat for us against any opposition.

Obviously the way he left annoyed a lot of our fans so out of curiousity , have people calmed down and will he be applauded when he enters the pitch?

What are your thoughts in general on Owen?

I was at Anfield for the Newcastle game we won 2-0. I was quite upset with some of the stick he got, although I thought the "Where were you in Istanbul" was pretty funny and fair enough.

I was at that game too and he looked shell shocked. I was pissed off at the booing as those same dick heads would have been cheering from the rooftops in Cardiff. However, when people chanted "where were you in Istanbul" and given he went to Madrid to "win the CL" - it was funny.

Do nothing, he's had the shite given to him, now coming to Anfield with a team with a minus 23 goal difference fighting relegation after he left to go to bigger things is embarassing enough for him.

I actually think he'll be embarassed to walk out at Anfield in their shirt. Wouldnt surprise me if he got a "knock" in the week and Martins starts instead.

"Forgive" is obviously not a word in the football vocabulary.

I feel sorry for the lad, he has made the worst possible career choice by joining Newcastle and I guess that he regrets it every day.

Give him a warm welcome for old times sake, will you?