You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend a Podcast

Anny Road

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Call Her Daddy by Barstool Sports. Especially want @Hades to listen and give his take on it. 

Follow along vlogger Alexandra Cooper and best friend Sofia Franklyn as the duo dives into the explicit details of their life in NYC. In their 20s, the two exploit the f*ck out of their lives, making you feel a hell of alot better about yours. Relationships, sex, the NY social scene, embarassing moments, and weiner holes are all addressed here on CALL HER DADDY.

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Haha. It's actually even worse than the description would indicate. 

On 12/16/2018 at 12:34 AM, Hades said:

That's quite a revelation.

24 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I just can’t bring myself to listen to the knob Sam Delaney. Plus Andy Dawson isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. He is carried by Mortimer on Atletico Mince. 

I spent the first ten minutes of the first episode I listened to thinking the same about Delaney, but once you get past the accent he's pretty good actually. Dawson is definitely playing second fiddle again, but he's not as out of his depth with Delaney as he is with Bob.

A few excellent podcast that I haven't seen mentioned on here are:

Crimetown - Story of Former Providence, Rhode Island, USA Mayor, and his rise, and subsequent fall from grace. Mafia, murder, intimidation. The best part is they have interviews and recordings with almost all the big players from the stories. It's superb.

S-town - Starts off as an investigative piece on potential corruption and abuse of power in BFE Alabama, but turns in to a story about the person making the claims of corruption as the journalist realizes the he's the most interesting thing about the town.

Dirty John - True Crime story from the LA Times about a man who cons his way into a woman's life.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jonathon Haidt is on JR this week. Amongst other things he talks about the extremism in politics. He says 10 years ago if you shared views on say 6 out of 10 subjects you were accepted into a political party. Now, that’s not good enough and you have to be on-side with all ten subjects or you aren’t seen as good enough. He applies it to both the left and the right.  Chimes perfectly for me with Corbyn’s labour, you commies are perfectly happy to through life long supporters MPs and activists under the bus because they aren’t left enough. Worth a listen.  

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stephen Fry on Sam Harris this week. He talks about his mental health, mindfulness and how medication helped him (but took ages to find the one for him).  

Be careful if you like Fry though, as he’s friends with Harris and Dawkins so the new rules mean you have to hate him too.  

7 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Stephen Fry on Sam Harris this week. He talks about his mental health, mindfulness and how medication helped him (but took ages to find the one for him).  

Be careful if you like Fry though, as he’s friends with Harris and Dawkins so the new rules mean you have to hate him too.  

Always thought Hugh Laurie was the funnier one. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, Hades said:

Was I there?

8 hours ago, rico1304 said:

The chip on your shoulder is so unattractive. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...