You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Going to Milan

Toddler

Had my call today - ticket's on the way!

All the flights seem to be to Malpensa, but Linate is bang in the centre. However, it looks like you can get a good train service in for 9 Euros from Malpensa. And I've now heard that the city centre will be 'dry' so maybe it will be better outside a bit anyway.

Anyone know what the craic is and where the reds will be gathering?

Had my call today - ticket's on the way!

All the flights seem to be to Malpensa, but Linate is bang in the centre. However, it looks like you can get a good train service in for 9 Euros from Malpensa. And I've now heard that the city centre will be 'dry' so maybe it will be better outside a bit anyway.

Anyone know what the craic is and where the reds will be gathering?

i got the call yesterday should get mine during the week..im flying into linate i think, its only 9 stops on the metro to the city centre.any idea where abouts the ground is??

was talking to couple of celtic fans that were there before they said the city centre pubs were business as usual so hopefully that will be the case, suppose they will all just be around the town im arriving at midday so ill be going straight on the lash:yes:

i got the call yesterday should get mine during the week..im flying into linate i think, its only 9 stops on the metro to the city centre.any idea where abouts the ground is??

was talking to couple of celtic fans that were there before they said the city centre pubs were business as usual so hopefully that will be the case, suppose they will all just be around the town im arriving at midday so ill be going straight on the lash:yes:

The 'Dumo' is the area to be drinking according to a celtic fan i spoke to during the week.

The 'Dumo' is the area to be drinking according to a celtic fan i spoke to during the week.

Milan isn't really a drinking capital - from what i remember I has quite possibly the worst bars and pubs of all the cities in Europe I've been to. the duomo has a nice shopping mall next to it which you should check out bout other than that Milan is very plain, bar the women of course who all look very aesthetically pleasing. Thats not to say you wont have a good time, i went this time last year and the weather was pretty good along with the hostel I stayed in.

I think there are some okay bars to the south of the duomo - Keep in mind the stadium is in a rough area. We had to get a tram there which to buy tickets you get from various outlets ie the station.

also, Italians don't really speak a great deal of English - like the French they can speak i but choose not to.

Milan isn't really a drinking capital - from what i remember I has quite possibly the worst bars and pubs of all the cities in Europe I've been to. the duomo has a nice shopping mall next to it which you should check out bout other than that Milan is very plain, bar the women of course who all look very aesthetically pleasing. Thats not to say you wont have a good time, i went this time last year and the weather was pretty good along with the hostel I stayed in.

I think there are some okay bars to the south of the duomo - Keep in mind the stadium is in a rough area. We had to get a tram there which to buy tickets you get from various outlets ie the station.

also, Italians don't really speak a great deal of English - like the French they can speak i but choose not to.

Most parts of Milan are rough. Not one of the best places in Italy.

Is that the ballot call?

Nearly typed a naive response then, but I suppose you're on about last years CL ballot or the previous year's FA Cup ballot?

Anyway, just booked my flight into Malpensa (cheaper than Linate and only 6 euros on the bus to town) and have tried to get a hotel near the piazza della repubblica for £80 between two of us (waiting for confirmation by return email!).

I tried sussing out airport-hotel-san siro transport but there were no easy sites to navigate around but it looks like there's a decent public transport network so as we get in at 1-ish we should have time to work it out on the day.

I been saving up for this and I can't wait now!

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but has anyone had 'the call' this week? I applied with all 4 home games on my card (no aways). Starting to get a bit twitchy now.

I was in the same boat mate, had "the call" today. Said I can pick it up from tomorrow, so if you don't get the call today it could be grim.

Thats the best advice on here, Milan is a nightmare for getting a beer. All the abrs are about 6 ft wide. And I ended up paying 30 euros for 2 small beers in the square.

I've got flights and hotel sorted, no tickets as yet.

Don't think I'll be going if I don't sort a ticket. I know the odds are that I'd get one out there, but I just can#'t be fucknig arsed with it. So if I don't get one and someone wants a beano to Milan, let me know.

I've got flights and hotel sorted, no tickets as yet.

Don't think I'll be going if I don't sort a ticket. I know the odds are that I'd get one out there, but I just can#'t be fucknig arsed with it. So if I don't get one and someone wants a beano to Milan, let me know.

I did the same a year ago for the milan derby... we got there thinking there would be a load of touts outside selling tickets. unfortunately there wasn't one in sight. Everyone had the same idea... I wouldn't risk it mate.

Got my call yesterday, no euro away credits so dead happy to qualify as I was seriously contemplating getting a home ticket of Inter's website when they go on sale to the general public a week before the game.

I went to the Milan derby about 7 or 8 years ago. The noise before the game was deafening and on the approach to the ground it really was very loud. I remember that a lot of Italians go by motorbike/moped. There were thousands outside the ground. Once the game kicked off the noise really died down and I was very dissapointed with the atmosphere in the end. The 18 yard box each end was covered in oranges. They were aimed at the keepers before the match and the second half from the top tier behind the goal. That was wierd watching each keeper having to dodge them.

As a Stadium though, it is one of the best if not the best you could go and watch football. I am really looking forward to it, although I remember a pint was expensive. I would imagine the meeting point will be in the square outside the cathedral in Duomo?

• 2 weeks later...
Travelling out first thing tomorrow. Duomo seems to be the popular theme, would that be about right?

my mate just rang me he is there since this morning he is in a pub called the english football pub in duomo plaza he said about 40 reds are there as there is fuck all else around. most pubs in that plaza dont open til 9pm so see you there.

ps its fucking pissing over there..

It is pissing down and bring plenty of money they know how to charge, or stay sober.

my mate said that english pub is charging bout 450 a pint of lager pretty much same as dublin more than likely hike the prices up tomorrow. the irish pub in marseille were charging 850 for their cheapest pint of piss so we just went the offy and brought them in with us fuck them..