You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Royal Family.

Flying Pig

I'm sure i've read that they bring in more revenue than they take out, that possible truth notwithstanding I think it's a cancer on any society to indulge the concept of hierarchy to the point where some c*nt lives in a massive palace and given free cash cos of their surname. I met Prince Charles, he stammered through fear, I was 7.

You have got it all wrong.

BBC NEWS | UK | Royals 'cost the taxpayer £37.4m'

The base salary for members of the House of Commons is £39.2m (646 x £60,675). That doesnt include extras for those who are not back benchers. For example, Cabinet Ministers get £138,724.

In addition, MPs receive allowances to cover the costs of running an office and employing staff, having somewhere to live in London and in their constituency, and travelling between Parliament and their constituency.

In addition, so called Short Money is payed to support opposition parties.

UK Parliament - Pay and allowances for MPs

UK Parliament - Members FAQ Page2

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/notes/snpc-01663.pdf

Free loading cunts who make my blood boil. Especially Prince Andrew who takes helicopter rides for trips that would be an hours drive, turns up at every major golf tournament in the world at tax payers expense and was reported to frequently tell his servants to fuck off when they brought him his breakfast in bed.

The "they bring more money in than they cost" argument is a monumental lie in my opinion and is used to keep the public pressure off getting rid of them altogether.

Hopefully they'll fall like a house of cards once the queen croaks it, because I think the most people will find it harder to justify their existence with Charles and Rod Hull as king and queen.

I'd hammer that Zara Phillips though, the dirty, posh, horsey tart that she is.

Apparently she's alright

A few of my mates spent an evening with her in a Gloucester pub (she's going with one of our rugby players) apparently she's sound and not stuck up at all, not what they expected.

Not really bothered about the rest though, what did the romans ever do for us?

Free loading cunts who make my blood boil. Especially Prince Andrew who takes helicopter rides for trips that would be an hours drive, turns up at every major golf tournament in the world at tax payers expense and was reported to frequently tell his servants to fuck off when they brought him his breakfast in bed.

The "they bring more money in than they cost" argument is a monumental lie in my opinion and is used to keep the public pressure off getting rid of them altogether.

Hopefully they'll fall like a house of cards once the queen croaks it, because I think the most people will find it harder to justify their existence with Charles and Rod Hull as king and queen.

Definitely having that.

I wouldn't swap places with them.

I quite like the idea of them as a figurehead for the UK and I think they probably do bring a lot of money into the country too, although how much is impossible to calculate.

I certainly don't get all stressed out and sweary and shouty about their existence.

I would repossess their stuff and put them all on jobseekers allowance in a flash. Keep Buckingham palace with a couple of guards outside in red coats and silly hats, the tourists wouldn't know the fucking difference. Seriously, if anyone thinks people come to this country to see the royal family then they're mad. You don't get to see them, they're all squirrelled away in rich digs laughing it up at our expense.

I wouldn't swap places with them.

I quite like the idea of them as a figurehead for the UK and I think they probably do bring a lot of money into the country too, although how much is impossible to calculate.

I certainly don't get all stressed out and sweary and shouty about their existence.

Bowling, Shane. ;o)

I can't understand the vitriol they get to be honest. I must admit I'm a bit of a royalist, it makes our country a bit different to most and she really doesn't us worse for having her.

I appreciate it's undemocratic to have a figurehead who achieved that status through birthright and not the ballet box. However I'd rather Liz as head of state than President Blair, or even worse President Thatcher. Furthermore I once read that the Queen wasn't happy with Mrs T's support for South Africa and Apartheid in the 1980's.

The Queen must pull in a lot more money in tourism than she costs, so I am happy with that.

Got to love Rob (PaddyBerger15) though. He can always find the "pumping a bird" angle in any thread. I reckon if we were too talk about something as boring as watching paint dry he'd find some bird off one of those "lifestyle" programmes that would be worth a "dip".

Talking of that, I remember a show presented (think it was on the BBC) by some tasty piece that was in "Dream Team". She was a got of a "goer" in "DT" too. Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

Andrew is the only one I do like. He flew choppers in the Falklands War (in the combat zone) and helped to evacuate the wounded from the Sir Gallahad even while it was being buzzed by Argie Mirages. He could have sat on his arse in mustique with his Auntie sipping coctails.

I think the Queen and her immediate family should be kept around as figureheads who bring in tourism, but agree with Monty that the hundreds of other freeloaders should be fucked off.

I also think it's obscene the amount of land they own, especially Charles with his Duthy of Cornwall estate, everyone who lives there produces goods for him to sell as their landlord, that's fucked up.

I'm wary of getting rid of the royals for the wrong reasons though, half the reason the country feels like it's got no soul is because the traditional establishment has been hauled down simply for the sake of it and replaced with nouveau riche gobshites, think tanks and wags.

Andrew is the only one I do like. He flew choppers in the Falklands War (in the combat zone) and helped to evacuate the wounded from the Sir Gallahad even while it was being buzzed by Argie Mirages. He could have sat on his arse in mustique with his Auntie sipping coctails.

I think the Queen and her immediate family should be kept around as figureheads who bring in tourism, but agree with Monty that the hundreds of other freeloaders should be fucked off.

I also think it's obscene the amount of land they own, especially Charles with his Duthy of Cornwall estate, everyone who lives there produces goods for him to sell as their landlord, that's fucked up.

I'm wary of getting rid of the royals for the wrong reasons though, half the reason the country feels like it's got no soul is because the traditional establishment has been hauled down simply for the sake of it and replaced with nouveau riche gobshites, think tanks and wags.

Can this be proved. If so, I respect him for this, however, what about the rest of the armed forces? Are they given a life of luxury after they leave the forces? I don't think so. What about Prince Edward joining the marines?????

Can this be proved. If so, I respect him for this, however, what about the rest of the armed forces? Are they given a life of luxury after they leave the forces? I don't think so. What about Prince Edward joining the marines?????

Wiki

At first the British government were apprehensive of allowing Prince Andrew to remain on Invincible, and wished to move him to a desk job. The prospect of the son of the Queen being killed in action was a possibility, and the government wished to avoid such a circumstance. However, the Queen insisted that Prince Andrew be allowed to remain with his ship, and so he joined the Invincible as it sailed south, as a Sea King helicopter co-pilot.

Throughout the conflict Prince Andrew flew on various missions, including Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and Anti-Surface Warfare search (ASuW), exocet missile decoy, as well as other missions. He also helped in casualty evacuation, transport and was involved in some highly dangerous Search and Air Rescue (SAR) missions. When the conflict ended, and Invincible returned to Portsmouth, the Queen and Prince Philip joined other families of the crew to welcome the vessel home.

Whatever you think of his family, he gets kudos for that surely?