Quantcast
Fernando Torres - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Fernando Torres

It just makes it all the more infuriating that he was dropped for the Portsmouth and Blackburn games.

A great buy. We need another like him.

That would be Benzema very similar.When you don't play Nando you would have Benzema or a forward line of...

Babel Torres Benzema.

And Menez as back up for them three,quality over quantity.Sell Crouch,Dirk and Voronin.

Comparisons with Owen would be even more favourable to Nando if he were allowed to take penalties as Owen was. Owen never scored 20 league goals - 19 being his highest even with penalties.

Comparisons with Owen would be even more favourable to Nando if he were allowed to take penalties as Owen was. Owen never scored 20 league goals - 19 being his highest even with penalties.

Owen didn't have a bad record for us..

97-98 Liverpool 18 Goals, 36 Games

98-99 Liverpool 18 Goals, 30 Games

99-00 Liverpool 11 Goals, 27 Games

00-01 Liverpool 16 Goals, 28 Games

01-02 Liverpool 19 Goals, 29 Games

02-03 Liverpool 19 Goals, 35 Games

03-04 Liverpool 11 Goals, 21 Games

(to the tune of 'The Animals go in Two by Two'):

His armband proved he was a red - Torres, Torres

You'll never walk alone it said - Torres, Torres

We bought the lad from sunny Spain

He gets the ball he scores again

Fer-nan-do Torres Liverpool's number 9.

Had that in my head ever since his third on Saturday. Hope it will start to catch on soon although most of our support won't even be able to learn the words to the second verse ...

I've just noticed from looking at Torres' career stats, if he scores one more goal, this would be his highest season tally in professional football.

At Atletico... Fernando was mostly deployed deep and asked to create chances, as well as score goals.

What I usually saw was like this... "Atletico regain ball, move it around, find Torres, get ball to Torres, stop playing and watch."

I cant wait to see him when he's the finished article. Its clear he can still improve so he will be one hell of a player... and hopefully spend a good 6-8 years with us!

I cant wait to see him when he's the finished article. Its clear he can still improve so he will be one hell of a player... and hopefully spend a good 6-8 years with us!

also with another world class striker to share the load. cant wait hes goin to become a legend, if he already isnt

id love see babel start up front alongside him!

although I'd like that too, Im loving the formation we are playing with now, I wouldnt change that. It seems to be working and Babel has been superb lately. Even Kuyt has done well

although I'd like that too, Im loving the formation we are playing with now, I wouldnt change that. It seems to be working and Babel has been superb lately. Even Kuyt has done well

Agreed with that, when Kuyt isn't up fron there's less preassure on him to score and people can appreciate him for what he gives - 110% graft.

His armband proved he was a Red, Torres, Torres

You'll Never Walk Alone it said, Torres, Torres

We got the lad from sunny Spain

He'll get the ball, he'll score again

Fernando Torres Liverpool number nine

na na na na na na na na, na na, na na

na na na na na na na na, na na, na na

na na na na na na na na

na na na na na na na na

Fernando Torres Liverpool Number nine