You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fernando Torres

Elite

It just makes it all the more infuriating that he was dropped for the Portsmouth and Blackburn games.

A great buy. We need another like him.

That would be Benzema very similar.When you don't play Nando you would have Benzema or a forward line of...

Babel Torres Benzema.

And Menez as back up for them three,quality over quantity.Sell Crouch,Dirk and Voronin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparisons with Owen would be even more favourable to Nando if he were allowed to take penalties as Owen was. Owen never scored 20 league goals - 19 being his highest even with penalties.

Owen didn't have a bad record for us..

97-98 Liverpool 18 Goals, 36 Games

98-99 Liverpool 18 Goals, 30 Games

99-00 Liverpool 11 Goals, 27 Games

00-01 Liverpool 16 Goals, 28 Games

01-02 Liverpool 19 Goals, 29 Games

02-03 Liverpool 19 Goals, 35 Games

03-04 Liverpool 11 Goals, 21 Games

(to the tune of 'The Animals go in Two by Two'):

His armband proved he was a red - Torres, Torres

You'll never walk alone it said - Torres, Torres

We bought the lad from sunny Spain

He gets the ball he scores again

Fer-nan-do Torres Liverpool's number 9.

Had that in my head ever since his third on Saturday. Hope it will start to catch on soon although most of our support won't even be able to learn the words to the second verse ...

I've just noticed from looking at Torres' career stats, if he scores one more goal, this would be his highest season tally in professional football.

At Atletico... Fernando was mostly deployed deep and asked to create chances, as well as score goals.

What I usually saw was like this... "Atletico regain ball, move it around, find Torres, get ball to Torres, stop playing and watch."

I cant wait to see him when he's the finished article. Its clear he can still improve so he will be one hell of a player... and hopefully spend a good 6-8 years with us!

also with another world class striker to share the load. cant wait hes goin to become a legend, if he already isnt

although I'd like that too, Im loving the formation we are playing with now, I wouldnt change that. It seems to be working and Babel has been superb lately. Even Kuyt has done well

Agreed with that, when Kuyt isn't up fron there's less preassure on him to score and people can appreciate him for what he gives - 110% graft.

His armband proved he was a Red, Torres, Torres

You'll Never Walk Alone it said, Torres, Torres

We got the lad from sunny Spain

He'll get the ball, he'll score again

Fernando Torres Liverpool number nine

na na na na na na na na, na na, na na

na na na na na na na na, na na, na na

na na na na na na na na

na na na na na na na na

Fernando Torres Liverpool Number nine