You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely that there was no muscle damage, looking at it, but we'll know more when the surgeons have given a prognosis.

Think this looks worse than Larssons.

This is both the ankle and the leg, bones, tendons, ligaments all in one injury.

Good points those.

Shame for the lad as he was looking like a top player, hope he comes back okay.

Suppose it's times like this that you don't begrudge them a good living, it can be a short career which can finish in the blink of an eye - at any age.

Hansen on Eduardo's injury

By Alan Hansen

Match of the Day pundit

It is a horrific injury but I think what you've got to understand first is that Taylor's not run 15, 20 yards and jumped in with two feet.

He's made the tackle from a standing start and he's just been done by a bit of pace.

It's early on in the game, he's trying to find his feet, and he nearly gets the ball but Eduardo just nips it away from him.

It is a red card, he mistimed the tackle, but the only person that can tell you if there is real intent is the player himself and, as Alex McLeish says, the guy's absolutely distraught.

I'm glad Arsene Wenger has retracted his initial statement. We've all been there and emotions run high.

In 1987, Jim Beglin broke his leg against Everton. I was the captain of Liverpool, he was my room-mate, and it was a horrific injury.

I said things after the game that possibly I shouldn't have said, and I do regret saying them.

You could see how the Arsenal players were with this horrific injury and emotions run high, you say things that later on you regret.

Arsene has made this statement, he's cleared it up and hopefully that's the end of it.

Terrible shame for the lad. The tackle was bad, but I think Hansen has a point in that he didn't dive in or race in from 20 yards off. His foot was too high and he went in studs first, and it was Eduardo's pace that caught him.

A ban should ensue, and a quite lengthy one too, but by all accounts the lad is genuinely gutted at the damage he's caused.

Glad Wenger retracted his comments.

"The injury is the result of a very bad tackle. The first diagnosis we have of the injury is very, very bad. I would not like to go into medical details because I am not qualified enough but the first news is very bad. He is in hospital."

That's a statement from Wenger last night, it looks as though he might never play again? He had surgery in Birmingham last night and has now been moved to a London hospital.

Good luck lad.

More from Wenger:

On other issues in the game...

"It was never a free-kick on the first goal and it was not a penalty. Five minutes before that it was a 100 per cent penalty on Adebayor. But we have to take it, we cannot change it and we have to look at ourselves as well. We have to fight against all that. We should have killed the game off earlier and scored the third. That is why with any little mistake you are caught."

It was a stonewall penalty. You jizz monkey.

If this injury resulted from one of my challenges, I'd be more than distraught. From the moment of impact I'd have only the welfare of the player on my mind. Immediately post-tackle, there is no sign of regret from the thug. He knew what he was doing. His only regret will be that it was so clearly caught on camera.

As for believing a word Steve Bruce has to say on the matter, he epitomises the words dirty and cheating.

It's as disgraceful a tackle as that of "our Stevie" as alluded to earlier in this thread. SG was only luckier.

I hate Wenger with a passion and have little more time for the rest of the team, but this is a disgrace. Again, as mentioned earlier, were it Torres on the receiving end, the condemnation would be unanimous. This should be no different.

I hate Wenger with a passion and have little more time for the rest of the team, but this is a disgrace. Again, as mentioned earlier, were it Torres on the receiving end, the condemnation would be unanimous. This should be no different.

Agree with that. Pretty ironic people complaining about Wenger having double standards when, if that had been one of our players, I very much doubt they would have been talking about "Spanish shithouses."

Fuck's sake, for once let's have an ounce of class, wish the lad well and have done with it.