You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ouija boards

rondeco

She went to see a medium in a pub with her daughter about 5 years ago, I think it was £20  a ticket and I thought you must be bonkers, anyway she said he wasn't very good but more oddly is that a good mate of mine, relatively sane, said he was crap. 

I don't get how he came to that conclusion as opposed to being good, if he was good does that mean he successfully put you in contact with the dead for a refreshing conversation? 

14 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

She went to see a medium in a pub with her daughter about 5 years ago, I think it was £20  a ticket and I thought you must be bonkers, anyway she said he wasn't very good but more oddly is that a good mate of mine, relatively sane, said he was crap. 

I don't get how he came to that conclusion as opposed to being good, if he was good does that mean he successfully put you in contact with the dead for a refreshing conversation? 

Grief thieves.  Should be locked up as fraudsters or medicated as mentalists.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

That's right, they prey on the those grieving and hoping for some kind of reason whatever, but some actually believe in the shit. 

Theyve no shame the cunts. 

It really boils my piss.  I’ve been booted out of local FB groups for giving them shit.

Ive just found a message I got from one who warns me there are plenty of fakes out there.  She also mentioned her husband was a professional boxer so I didn’t respond! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It really boils my piss.  I’ve been booted out of local FB groups for giving them shit.

Ive just found a message I got from one who warns me there are plenty of fakes out there.  She also mentioned her husband was a professional boxer so I didn’t respond! 

Blimey, plenty of fakes? No kidding. 

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Blimey, plenty of fakes? No kidding. 

She also said she didn’t make any money...but got £20k year from her ‘church’ for doing readings and £15 a message.  The front is incredible. I’d post the message but I’m hopeless. 

oh and she’s been to medium college so she’s qualified, like a doctor. 

We had a couple stay in our farmhouse, the wife was one of these medium/ talks to the dead types. She told me at the end of their stay that the place was full of pixies but not to worry as she'd got rid of them and hadnt mentioned it in the visitors book.

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

We had a couple stay in our farmhouse, the wife was one of these medium/ talks to the dead types. She told me at the end of their stay that the place was full of pixies but not to worry as she'd got rid of them and hadnt mentioned it in the visitors book.

Thank fuck she stayed then mate. 

I just started watching 'Survivng Death' on Netflix which is all about near death experiences (NDEs) and it's just started on mediums. The episodes on NDEs are quite compelling. Lots of science to back up the possibility of an other side, most significantly that most people would assume the visions people have are psychological. However the brain is more likely to go into a conscious anxious state as it loses oxygen, yet most people who experience it talk about how peaceful it was. Many people talking about how it completely changes their outlook on life, which is really difficult as people around them still have the same outlook to life. Second episode starts to introduce mediums into the equation.

Third episode starts witha physical medium holding a seance. They are tied up so they cannot get to the people in the room. All goes dark and the medium switches from a Dutch woman to 'Tommy' whom the spirits communicate through. The voice says 'Beta', and a guy in the audience says that means 'son' in his language. Good start. Tommy says this person is communicating in their language which he doesn't understand and invites the audience member to speak to his supposed father in his native tongue. He speaks, obviously no-one in the room understands him. After a few sentences he says he feels a presence with him. At this point, I'm thinking if Tommy starts relaying what the spirit is saying in their language (even though Tommy wouldn't understand what is being said, but the audience member would) that would be quite compelling evidence of the spirit. But Tommy says the spirit is fading away and wants his son to know that there was nothing he could do to change what happened and that he needs to let it go.

So Tommy now understands what is being said by the spirit. At that point, all credibility is lost on me.

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

She also said she didn’t make any money...but got £20k year from her ‘church’ for doing readings and £15 a message.  The front is incredible. I’d post the message but I’m hopeless. 

oh and she’s been to medium college so she’s qualified, like a doctor. 

Blimey a medium college? Who the fuck funds that I wonder. 

Never used one as I’ve seen too many horror films.

I don’t believe in them personally but I’m not messing around with that nonsense anyway. 

My mum swears she and her friends did one as young girls. They asked it to spell the name of the next person they knew who would die, it spelt the name of one of their mums.

No long after her friends mum died suddenly. 

If they worked solving murders and finding bodies would be much easier.

"Where's your body"........

"im wearing a cap and ive got a limp.... but I'm alright now"

"who killed you"......

"the dog is here too the one whose name begins with... b... p.....c.....benjjjjj....Toby yes thats it Toby, he's here"

"I've been looking for your body for 26 years, I sold the house and spent everything to find you"

Sorry hes gone, is there a Barbara here.

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If they worked solving murders and finding bodies would be much easier.

"Where's your body"........

"im wearing a cap and ive got a limp.... but I'm alright now"

"who killed you"......

"the dog is here too the one whose name begins with... b... p.....c.....benjjjjj....Toby yes thats it Toby, he's here"

"I've been looking for your body for 26 years, I sold the house and spent everything to find you"

Sorry hes gone, is there a Barbara here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/01/psychics-police-investigation-peter-sutcliffe

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Mad. They interviewed Sutcliffe 9 times. He had previous for carrying a hammer and also twatting a prostitute around the head with a rock in a sock,  drove a car that matched descriptions given and was the absolute double of the photo fit when interviewed yet still "hmm weve nothing to go on lets see that mad cunt who talks to the dead".

17 hours ago, A Red said:

Toadstool or Malevolent Bearded pixies?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I just started watching 'Survivng Death' on Netflix which is all about near death experiences (NDEs) and it's just started on mediums. The episodes on NDEs are quite compelling. Lots of science to back up the possibility of an other side, most significantly that most people would assume the visions people have are psychological. However the brain is more likely to go into a conscious anxious state as it loses oxygen, yet most people who experience it talk about how peaceful it was. Many people talking about how it completely changes their outlook on life, which is really difficult as people around them still have the same outlook to life. Second episode starts to introduce mediums into the equation.

Third episode starts witha physical medium holding a seance. They are tied up so they cannot get to the people in the room. All goes dark and the medium switches from a Dutch woman to 'Tommy' whom the spirits communicate through. The voice says 'Beta', and a guy in the audience says that means 'son' in his language. Good start. Tommy says this person is communicating in their language which he doesn't understand and invites the audience member to speak to his supposed father in his native tongue. He speaks, obviously no-one in the room understands him. After a few sentences he says he feels a presence with him. At this point, I'm thinking if Tommy starts relaying what the spirit is saying in their language (even though Tommy wouldn't understand what is being said, but the audience member would) that would be quite compelling evidence of the spirit. But Tommy says the spirit is fading away and wants his son to know that there was nothing he could do to change what happened and that he needs to let it go.

So Tommy now understands what is being said by the spirit. At that point, all credibility is lost on me.

Me and the Mrs watched that. Brilliant watch but also heartbreaking in certain parts, for example, with the young girl who died from brain cancer.

The Dutch medium was an out and out fraud if you ask me. But that Tommy thing was absolutely hilarious. Talking out of the side of her grid in a daft voice.