You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The official Inter match thread

RedinSweden

I totally agree Stu. I love him as a guy and I desperately want him to be great but overall he's not. I hope he proves me wrong over time like, so fingers crossed.

It's the same with Gerrard. Some desperately want him to fail because their mind is made up. I suppose we're all guilty of it.

If Gerrard played like he did tonight in every game there would be no complaints. I love watching him when he plays the role he did today, maybe people need to understand thats not always possible though in the PL, myself included.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't have to end with a new manager Moschops. I think the players have the belief in Europe. Houllier started us off again in Europe and Rafa has developed us brilliantly. I just can't ignore the 40+ domestic games he's in charge of us where we are often found floundering.

on the nose VV .Houlliers role is often overlooked but it was him that gave us our european nights back.benitez is carrying the mantle.Whoever comes in next will just take the baton.

“The win is for Rafa, the fans, for everybody connected with the club. It’s a big win for everyone.”

Striker Dirk Kuyt believed that the Red’s patience was the key to victory.

“We kept patient and it is a big win for us. But we still have a second game to go” the Dutchman added.

so he has backed raf to someone and fair play to the lad for that, lets se if it gets picked up by Journo's in tomorrows papers though, i somehow doubt it.

Without wishing to get into that debate, that wasn't what he said and its out of context.

However, if its reported like that, alls the better.

on the nose VV .Houlliers role is often overlooked but it was him that gave us our european nights back.benitez is carrying the mantle.Whoever comes in next will just take the baton.

Seriously undermines Rafa's role, and I don't think its quite so simple.

I totally agree Stu. I love him as a guy and I desperately want him to be great but overall he's not. I hope he proves me wrong over time like, so fingers crossed.

It's the same with Gerrard. Some desperately want him to fail because their mind is made up. I suppose we're all guilty of it.

I'm not sure people want Gerrard to fail, I think some want him to misbehave so they can tell everyone they told you so. I really want him to keep doing his shit on the pitch and change to the way I want him to be as a skipper, I'm resolved to the fact that probably won't happen but can accept that.

I think a lot of people see Dirk and think "He'll never get 30 goals and PFA player of the year; get rid" wheras I look at it and say: "He is a very useful player who can chip in a regular 15 goals, maybe more if he kicks on".

If Phil Neville and Ray Parlour can win Premiership medals then Dirk Kuyt can piss one.

Don't wanna jinx things Liam mate, but IF (IF) (IF) (IF) we get to Moscow, you up for it?!

Was talking to Paul before and if we get there, i'm there! Said the other week that I wouldn't, but fuck that, Athens was amazing and I want another piece of it!

I'll be there for sure. I was saying no before as well but European runs are like a drug, it just takes a hold of you! IF we make it then it would be a lot easier for me to go this time not being a student anymore!

One game at a time though...

Superb result, we could not have asked for more really even if we were denied a stone wall penalty.

I have tried to think about if we have lost any other match with three goals apart from the home game against Chelsea under Rafa, but I cant think of any.

Have in mind that I do not count our loss against Arsenal when we fielded a reserve team, we are talking exclusively about our best team here.

One more thing, where are all those who said these cheating bastards was anything to worry about? :whistle:

Because they are a mickey mouse club, next season there will be two clubs fighting it out for the Serie A title and Inter will be not be among them they will be where they belong, among the dross.

Do you think they will knock us out of the CL?

Not a chance in hell, biggest underachivers ever on an even playing field.

Where does the term Stonewall penalty come from?

Did`nt you see Vieira volleyball block??... and we Inter had two handballs inside the first 3 minutes as well.

Carra`s shot clearly hit an Inter players arm.

Andre Bergdølmo , previously of Rosenborg, Boroussia Dortmund and Ajax was in the studio tellin that players of different clubs has been made aware of the rules regarding the Vieira incident, and that there was no doubt that should have been a clear penalty.

Edit: Just realised you were questioning the term stonewall penalty, and not the penalty itself. Stupid, stupid me.

Did`nt you see Vieira volleyball block??... and we Inter had two handballs inside the first 3 minutes as well.

Carra`s shot clearly hit an Inter players arm.

Andre Bergdølmo , previously of Rosenborg, Boroussia Dortmund and Ajax was in the studio tellin that players of different clubs has been made aware of the rules regarding the Vieira incident, and that there was no doubt that should have been a clear penalty.

That Carra one was never, ever, ever, ever a penalty. The guy was looking the other way with his arm not far from his chest and it was belted at him; never a pen. The Vieira one was a certainty though.

Moschops is always on hand with the answers. He's like Jeeves only slightly more posh.

That Carra one was never, ever, ever, ever a penalty. The guy was looking the other way with his arm not far from his chest and it was belted at him; never a pen. The Vieira one was a certainty though.

Moschops is always on hand with the answers. He's like Jeeves only slightly more posh.

The carra one could easily been a penalty, although i dont want to classify it as a clear penalty.

Seeing it in replay, the defender has`nt got the arm close to his body at all,as he holds it to the ground keeping the balance. Still, a very tough call. The way I understand it, is that there is no term like unintentional hands. A handball is a handball, and therefor a penalty, especially when you hold your arm in an unnatural position.

On the other hand, Carra has been bailed out in situations like this 2 or 3 times this season, so he should not be too unhappy about it.

Well in Jamie lad. Just seen the highlights again on ITV4, Carra saying he's delighted for Rafa, he's been a great influence on his career etc, people were waiting to write Rafa's obituary. Glad to see some support from one of the senior players.

Really? I wish I'd seen that. Good on you Jamie. It's really good news.

The majority of match going fans want Benitez out.Thats a simple fact.

Do you have any evidence to back that fact up then? Or by fact do you mean it's something you've estimated yourself.

The majority of fans are going to have to be careful what they wish for. Appreciate this cup run, they might just dry up if he goes.

The majority of match going fans want Benitez out.Thats a simple fact.

The majority of football fans in general really dont have any deeper understanding of the game, apart from the entertainment they get from watching it.

So actually your point means fuck all, thats a simple fact.

On a positive and slightly humourous note:

I went down to a boozer that my mate works in to watch the match and his co-worker said, "we'll win 2-1"

I was like, "no way they score a goal on us tonight... 2-0"

And then that fella said, "I bet Materazzi gets sent off... the dirty twat"

Jus' sayin...

Do you have any evidence to back that fact up then? Or by fact do you mean it's something you've estimated yourself.

The majority of fans are going to have to be careful what they wish for. Appreciate this cup run, they might just dry up if he goes.

Milan had Saachi, Capello and then Ancelloti win the European Cup Stu, so why should our success in Europe end with a change of manager?