You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The official Inter match thread

RedinSweden

It actually saddens me that there are so many people who actively go out of their way to bring down Dirk Kuyt. He showed again tonight that he is easily capable of being a force for us, and that wasn't just in his chasing it was in his movement and control and passing too. The guy has a decent first season, his old fella dies, he works consistently harder than any player I have ever seen and people somehow manage to hate him. He puts in a performance which gives him a shout at man of the match and people are trying to run him down for anything they can; it's pitiful.

They don't fucking deserve him.

human_heart_graphic_03.jpg

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually saddens me that there are so many people who actively go out of their way to bring down Dirk Kuyt. He showed again tonight that he is easily capable of being a force for us, and that wasn't just in his chasing it was in his movement and control and passing too. The guy has a decent first season, his old fella dies, he works consistently harder than any player I have ever seen and people somehow manage to hate him. He puts in a performance which gives him a shout at man of the match and people are trying to run him down for anything they can; it's pitiful.

? Where? You're overly protective sometimes Stuart, it muddies your objectivity.

He had a good game tonight but more often than not this season he's been shite.

If he plays well between now and the end of the season then people will change their mind. That's how it goes - opinions change as events change.

I can't criticise anyone who thinks he isn't good enough because the evidence suggests that's the case but equally I can't condone anyone calling him a cunt because his attitude and work rate can never be in question.

676te5.png - interla7.png

Champions League, Round of 16

Liverpool (5th, Premier League) v. Internazionale (1st, Serie A)

Tuesday, 19th February, 20:45 (CET)

Anfield, Liverpool

:: Goals ::

1-0 Kuijt (Min 86)

Click Here for Video

2-0 Gerrard (Min 90)

Click Here for Video

:: Extras ::

Aurelio Free Kick (Min 4)

Click Here for Video

Hyypia Header (Min 9)

Click Here for Video

Materazzi Red Card (Min 30)

Click Here for Video

The Assistant Referee Falls And Brake His Flag (Min 33)

Click Here for Video

Cambiasso Shoot (Min 48)

Click Here for Video

Torres Chance (Min 57)

Click Here for Video

Hyypia Header (Min 58)

Click Here for Video

Torres Shoot (Min 64)

Click Here for Video

If we can consistently perform at a similar level, I think Rafa will be here for a long long long time. But we need to be that consistent.

That's the key isn't it?

We need to try and re-create these performances in the league. How fucking sweet would it feel to beat the Mancs 2-0 at home and be in amongst the challengers for the league?

The CL is 13 games out of a 55 game season.

He had a good game tonight but more often than not this season he's been shite.

If he plays well between now and the end of the season then people will change their mind. That's how it goes - opinions change as events change.

I can't criticise anyone who thinks he isn't good enough because the evidence suggests that's the case but equally I can't condone anyone calling him a cunt because his attitude and work rate can never be in question.

Ian, I can accept anybody who wants to voice constructive criticism of him as a player, and just see it as a difference of opinion, it's the fact that so many people actually enjoy bringing him down and pulling him apart that I can't get. How can you not like him? How can people look for reasons to drag him down instead of build him up?

I think games like tonight show what he is capable of, and there have been plenty of them, especially last year. Is seems everybody has gotten themselves in one big damn rush nowadays. Give the guy a chance to be the servant he could be.

I'm made up for Dirk tonight, he's looked like he's been finding some form again over the past few games and I think we'll see the best of him now.*

*Copyright - Harry Kewell.

Almost like a new signing.

Ian, I can accept anybody who wants to voice constructive criticism of him as a player, and just see it as a difference of opinion, it's the fact that so many people actually enjoy bringing him down and pulling him apart that I can't get. How can you not like him? How can people look for reasons to drag him down instead of build him up?

I think games like tonight show what he is capable of, and there have been plenty of them, especially last year. Is seems everybody has gotten themselves in one big damn rush nowadays. Give the guy a chance to be the servant he could be.

I totally agree Stu. I love him as a guy and I desperately want him to be great but overall he's not. I hope he proves me wrong over time like, so fingers crossed.

It's the same with Gerrard. Some desperately want him to fail because their mind is made up. I suppose we're all guilty of it.

Well said that man.

Im fucking buzzing after that. I seriously forgot that football could make me feel like this!

Don't wanna jinx things Liam mate, but IF (IF) (IF) (IF) we get to Moscow, you up for it?!

Was talking to Paul before and if we get there, i'm there! Said the other week that I wouldn't, but fuck that, Athens was amazing and I want another piece of it!

seeing as it's been mentioned in this thread about Steven's lack of backing for the manager i found this on Goal.com

nter had defender Marco Materazzi sent off after just half an hour and defended resolutely until two late strikes from Kuyt and Gerrard sealed a 2-0 win.

“It was a big night and a big win, but it means nothing if we don’t finish the job in the second leg, but I’m confident we’ll do it.”

The sending off of Materazzi was central in the game, but Gerrard felt the referee had little choice. “I’m not surprised no. They were two bookable offences so he deserved to go” Gerrard said.

“The win is for Rafa, the fans, for everybody connected with the club. It’s a big win for everyone.”

Striker Dirk Kuyt believed that the Red’s patience was the key to victory.

“We kept patient and it is a big win for us. But we still have a second game to go” the Dutchman added.

so he has backed raf to someone and fair play to the lad for that, lets se if it gets picked up by Journo's in tomorrows papers though, i somehow doubt it.

However so made up for Dirk and Rafa tonight it needed a big performance and the team delivered it's night's like this that show what unequvical SUPPORT can bring. I'm still buzzin

GET THE FUCK IN

Pretty pissed and very happy. I'm going to miss nights like this.

They don't have to end with a new manager Moschops. I think the players have the belief in Europe. Houllier started us off again in Europe and Rafa has developed us brilliantly. I just can't ignore the 40+ domestic games he's in charge of us where we are often found floundering.

On a serious note, I'm delighted that I experience the euphoria of a game like that again. I thought we were superb, every single player played a part. Inter had a bit of bad luck but tough. I said the other day that I believe you make your own luck and I think we did tonight; we attacked and we kept on going and going and we deserved that. Rafa deserved that. Mascherano was the star man for me, the man's a monster, if there's a better player in his position in the world then I haven't seen him. Delighted for Dirk, he was magnificent and I think he might have regained some of last season's form. Crouch was excellent when he came on and should have had a goal to round it off. Gerrard's goal mas majestic, Carra and Sami were superb as was everyone else. Really delighted.

As for Inter, that right back is superb, Ibrahimovic was understandably anonymous and Cordoba was fantastic and I hope he's injured for the return leg.

Don't wanna jinx things Liam mate, but IF (IF) (IF) (IF) we get to Moscow, you up for it?!

Was talking to Paul before and if we get there, i'm there! Said the other week that I wouldn't, but fuck that, Athens was amazing and I want another piece of it!

you'd need to start applying for your visa now mate,and get a pants made out of Buffolo leather (or else get NP to get you some of that eskimo stuff) to protect your arse from slashings.From memory ,last time I was in russia was a fucking mare to get into