You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe?

lifetime fan

The article slaughters Rafa and Itandje - who else? It appears, as has been implied by Bascombe previously, that Rafa has lost the dressing room, so why isn't he slaughtering those who aren't acting professionally and not putting the appropriate fucking effort in on the pitch - could it possibly be that they have briefed him in private and he's helping to get rid of a manager who his pals don't like anymore?

this is my problem with the guy,im greatfull for his work in keeping us up to date on the IMMINENT take over but his match reports of late are a disgrace to say the least.

and tbh its not really his apparent agenda against rafa that bothers me,hes the manager hes there to be shot at,its his dislike for intandje that absolutely amazes me,the guy isnt as bad as chris is painting him to be.

chris is a well respected journo among pool fans,thats why every article he writes is analyzed to death.

its just a pity that all his match reports of late have turned into a public soap box for him to air out a few people who he has taking a dislike to,rather than just reporting on the match.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bascombe and Barrett are on a hiding to nothing as they are writing about a club they love but also have a good idea of the inner goings on at the club. Both Barrett and Bascombe get things wrong as often they get told things that don't end up happening for one reason or another - both will admit that. This is a seriously fucked up time as the manager is doing shit and the owners are wankers so we hang on their every word. When the dust settled we will say thank God for both of them because without them we would be pissing in the wind.

I'm a little dubious about those people who claim the moral high ground over the NOTW.

I've never cared about the NOTW or any sunday rag to be honest but those who go on about the sunday sun etc then i suppose you would abstain from the Times or Sky which lets face it is the walking talking sun, they advertise the sun like no other

All these media outlets are mouthpeices of Murdoch they spout his agenda so to pick and choose seem somewhat hypocritical, no?

I think Bascombe and Barrett are on a hiding to nothing as they are writing about a club they love but also have a good idea of the inner goings on at the club. Both Barrett and Bascombe get things wrong as often they get told things that don't end up happening for one reason or another - both will admit that. This is a seriously fucked up time as the manager is doing shit and the owners are wankers so we hang on their every word. When the dust settled we will say thank God for both of them because without them we would be pissing in the wind.

Wait, you mean you're not pissing in the wind, already? Oh, right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Rashid, you've said prev that if DIC come in, they will retain Rafa becos Ansari is a fan of Rafa's. On this thread you've said that if DIC come in, Rafa will be gone in the summer. Have you heard anything concrete for changing your view?

Rashid, you've said prev that if DIC come in, they will retain Rafa becos Ansari is a fan of Rafa's. On this thread you've said that if DIC come in, Rafa will be gone in the summer. Have you heard anything concrete for changing your view?

Don't let him convince you he's in the know on anything. He's just covering all of his bases by constantly contradicting himself to the point where he has every single eventuality covered.

Juust mumblings I have heard from people I trust, nothing concrete. Ansari as far as I know is a Rafa fan, but things can change.

i think we`l still say bascombe was a bit of a prick in his match reports.

this is the thing rashid,i think the majority of people are talking about his match reports,where as you seem to be suggesting people are pissed off at him because he may have gotten something wrong in his take over articles,or said something that hasnt happened yet.

his match reports are overly critical,or critical of the wrong people,thats why people are pissed at him.

Rashid, when did you expect the deal to be near complete from what you have heard?

I only know news from a couple of journo's and what they say... journo's I trust. I said 12 weeks ago a deal was about to be done before anyone suggested DIC were back, but it's dragged on. All I know is that it's a matter of time.

Whereas you are? errrm what? A wannabe Journo without a pot to piss in.

I'm actually doing better than ever in my journalism career, I'll have you know. Couldn't be happier with what I'm doing, and still with more access to what's going on at Liverpool than you could ever dream of. There's no wannabe about it. I rule.

I'm actually doing better than ever in my journalism career, I'll have you know. Couldn't be happier with what I'm doing, and still with more access to what's going on at Liverpool than you could ever dream of. There's no wannabe about it. I rule.

That's better! I want you to do well! But is there a point in ridiculing me un-provoked?

yes i would rash,i dont want to be reading about chris`s agenda against our manager in a match report.

Then there is no reason for a match report or to read it. Just watch the highlights or the full match on Liverpool TV. Or just go to the BBC ticker and copy and paste the ball by ball commentary.

Then there is no reason for a match report or to read it. Just watch the highlights or the full match on Liverpool TV. Or just go to the BBC ticker and copy and paste the ball by ball commentary.

sorry rash but dont be stupid.

the whole world does not sit in front of their tv/pc 24 hours a day,some people actually have lives.

a match report exists to report on the match the previous day/night,it does not exist for the journalist to give opinions on certain players or the manager,outside the player is playing badly or the manager cant get it right.

if a reporter gets personal in a match report hes a prick,chris has started to make his reports personal.

chris does more than report on the match in the notw,if he wants to slag off certain people within the club he should keep it out of the match reports.

Every journo comments on the match and gives how own views. Chris gets harsh treatment because people like you want him to tow the line.

no rash i want him to be truthful,he is not being truthful.

his reports have turned into agendas,a match reprt is not the place to be airing his agendas.

btw rash,if chris wasnt feeding you info would you still be so passionate in defending him?