You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get yourself on the Truck mailing list, Karlos. Rage are unlikely to be playing but it's easily the best festival, in fact, the bestival, I've been to.

Is Truck the one that is in September that you were supposed to be going to? Did it get cancelled?

I'm also tempted by RockNess.

Razorlight, The Cribs and The View. Right up your street.

I may go to O2 Wireless (if I can get a discount) so I can get to my bed rather than camp. Norman and Underworld - should be nice.

I can't do Glastonbury anymore mainly due to aggrophobia than anything else. I did love it the few years I went.

The secret garden festival was quite nice but got a bit dull last year. I think that's my problem - 2 days of trying to sleep in a hot tent and I want out. I need my sleep.

Get yourself on the Truck mailing list, Karlos. Rage are unlikely to be playing but it's easily the best festival, in fact, the bestival, I've been to.

I have proof though:

Rage Against The Machine are set to headline this years Truck Festival in Steventon, along side The Flaming Lips and The Beatles. That's right kids, good times all around. This is futher proof that Ben was right and Kee was wrong.

Make sure you are captain anal with the application process, it's a royal pain in the arse getting them. Have 17 browsers open 1 hour before it goes on sale and keep on hitting that redial. Last year when 8 of us went, 1 girl managed to get them all by keeping staying logged on to the right URL 1 hour before they went on sale. I had no luck whatsoever with my 17 browsers.

Our best bet is to go onto the efestivals forums and as soon as one person gets through to the page he can buy tickets, he posts the link onto the forum and it avoids the main site which will probably be down. Apparently its going to be about 2/1 to get a ticket, which is so much easier than last time.

Is Truck the one that is in September that you were supposed to be going to? Did it get cancelled?

Razorlight, The Cribs and The View. Right up your street.

No, that was teh STA All-Dayer. Truck is in July, but was under two feet of water last summer, so was postponed 'till September.

2 Many DJs at Loch Ness would be pretty sweet. Plus, potentially, the opportunity to abuse Johnny Borrell.

So, who heres registered to be able to buy a Glasto ticket?

Will of by the end of the week with the missus. About 10 of my friends are all done and registered. We all got tickets last time so fingers crossed.

Its just patience and not giving up even when it gets to the point of wanting to kick the PC over.

Our best bet is to go onto the efestivals forums and as soon as one person gets through to the page he can buy tickets, he posts the link onto the forum and it avoids the main site which will probably be down. Apparently its going to be about 2/1 to get a ticket, which is so much easier than last time.
Use as many tactics as you can get Pedro!

• 2 weeks later...

The Prodigy, Panic at the Disco, The Feeling, DJ Koze, Kaz James (Bodyrockers) and Crookers are all set to play at OXEGEN 2008 where they'll be joining R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, Kings of Leon, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fratellis, Interpol, Chemical Brothers, Counting Crows, Stereophonics, The Raconteurs, Ian Brown, Hot Chip, Justice, Aphex Twin, Band Of Horses, Seasick Steve, The Courteeners, Future Kings Of Spain and Alabama 3.

So far, the above bands have been confirmed for Oxegen in the summer. Get in there!

The Prodigy, Panic at the Disco, The Feeling, DJ Koze, Kaz James (Bodyrockers) and Crookers are all set to play at OXEGEN 2008 where they'll be joining R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, Kings of Leon, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fratellis, Interpol, Chemical Brothers, Counting Crows, Stereophonics, The Raconteurs, Ian Brown, Hot Chip, Justice, Aphex Twin, Band Of Horses, Seasick Steve, The Courteeners, Future Kings Of Spain and Alabama 3.

So far, the above bands have been confirmed for Oxegen in the summer. Get in there!

Red - Would love to see

Orange - Would go and see

Green - Absolute shite of the shitest shite.

Overall it looks to be a decent festival!

Red - Would love to see

Orange - Would go and see

Green - Absolute shite of the shitest shite.

Overall it looks to be a decent festival!

Interpol dont push all my buttons but I can see why people like them and they are a good band. The rest I agree with in green.

Ace, I did a few days ago.

Me you and WaltonRed to meet up for a beverage or twenty?

Im in, why not?

PS. why am i the only person in the world who doesnt like Kings of Leon?

the acts are only part of what make a festival great, which is why oxegen is still pretty gash for many people.

a few too many 16 yr olds in celtic jerseys and heffer women in their county colours shouting at the top of their voices the names of the bands they like for my liking.

think electric picnic will be the extent of my festival season as im saving and id happily buy my ticket now before many acts are announced cos your guaranteed a proper festival experience.

Anyone want to know whay wankers like Jay Z play festivals these days? Money.

Jay Z will own Glastonbury this year, and I don't mean via a leveraged buyout. I predict a great many indie kids will come away surprised and extremely impressed. I'm amazed Kings of Leon are headlining the Friday, I would have thought it would work better if them and Massive Attack switched stages. Fairly nonplussed by Verve..think they will still have it in them to be a lighter waving end of festival triumph, but 10 years of Ashcroft as a solo artist has left me convinced the new songs will be turd. Anyway, what do I care, my twat of a best friend is getting married that weekend.

Musical Spartans the lot of you.

The rythem and roots festival in Kilkenny is where its at.

Stand up Bass, slide guitars, rockin' rednecks, washboards, spoons, fiddles etc ...

Yeeeee - Hawwww.

P.S. I agree with Kopite. For the monster festivals Pre'92 good....Post '92 Bad.

Truck is indeed very cool.

Really enjoyed the Big Chill last year so i'll be going back to that. It's like a mini Glasto with less hassle and a slightly less frenzied atmosphere.

Got to agree with everyone else, Chris. You shouldn't slag off Glasto until you've experienced the madness

Jay Z will own Glastonbury this year, and I don't mean via a leveraged buyout. I predict a great many indie kids will come away surprised and extremely impressed. I'm amazed Kings of Leon are headlining the Friday, I would have thought it would work better if them and Massive Attack switched stages. Fairly nonplussed by Verve..think they will still have it in them to be a lighter waving end of festival triumph, but 10 years of Ashcroft as a solo artist has left me convinced the new songs will be turd. Anyway, what do I care, my twat of a best friend is getting married that weekend.

Massive attack headlining the other stage?! Oh yes, fuck you KOL, this young boy will be pilled up and watching them instead, oh yes.

the acts are only part of what make a festival great' date=' which is why oxegen is still pretty gash for many people.

a few too many 16 yr olds in celtic jerseys and heffer women in their county colours shouting at the top of their voices the names of the bands they like for my liking.

think electric picnic will be the extent of my festival season as im saving and id happily buy my ticket now before many acts are announced cos your guaranteed a proper festival experience.[/quote']

I'm 18, I will just have finished school forever and I will be bladdered all festival. I just don't think a bunch of skangers will ruin my festival.

• 2 weeks later...
Massive attack headlining the other stage?! Oh yes, fuck you KOL, this young boy will be pilled up and watching them instead, oh yes.

Blasphemy!

I'm interested in heading to a festival this summer. Been to V a few times and Reading as well but not been to one for about five years now.

Need to get back!

Wherever KOL are playing, I shall go...