You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How old where you when you first got served in a pub?

RJ Fan club

Guest The Chimp

Sorry if it seems like hijacking a good thread, but it had to be said a fashion faux paux at school was almost as dangerous as walking around Baghdad in a "I love George Bush" t-shirt.

I didn't bother with Farah slacks. You had to have black shoes, white socks (as black or dark grey was the rule, white was a show of rebellion), grey shirt, then I always had a Fred Perry jumper. Slazenger was popular with the girls and there was a couple of Pringle wearers and even a Lyle and Scott.

Was handmedown jeans from me dad and florecent odd socks classed as fashion? Mmmm.

I preferred the yellow and green socks. The blue socks were just wrong. Don't get me started on the pink.

I did have a pair each though. With all this nuwave 80's comeback I'm expecting them to return. Can't wait.

i was 14, a month or 2 before i was 15 i think. that couple of months i went out once or twice a month then after 15 it was a downward spiral. started off on bottles of bud for the first 9 months or so then hit the magners (thats when the craze came about). lasted the summer on magners and now back on lager (stella, carling, fosters:depending on the place).

as for the school uniform,

in order;

shoes- rockports, reebok classics

shirts- armani, lacoste, teddy smith

jeans/pants- hugo boss or armani where on a par.

jumpers- ralph lauren, lacoste

coats- stone island, berghaus, north face

bags- any backpack style except ascot, designer shop carrier bags (dapper, hugo and so on)

School uniform for us was immensely slack. We just had to wear black, grey or blue trousers and then white, blue, black, grey or white t-shirts and jumpers. Mine were all Fruit of the loom and whilst everyone else wore trainers I was made to wear loafers, looking back I was just cooler than everyone else.

Was a very young looking teenager but got into my first club just after my 16th birthday. Went with my older sister and her mates and thought that not shaving for the week beforehand would get me in. I managed it due to my sister and her mates giving it the "Ooh go on," shite but just as I was walking in the doorman called me over, stroked my downy, bum-fluffed face and said "Do yourself a favour and start shaving before you come next."

Bastard.

With regards the fashion - Head bag with detachable end and the brightest, most fucking garish Campri jacket you could find passed as fashion in our neck of the woods.

My parents were woefully out of touch with high street fashion back in the late 80s/early 90s, and so, for the first few weeks at secondary school, I had to endure daily taunts owing to the fact that I was the only kid with a leather satchel :wallbutt:

I used Head bags right up until sixth form, I think.

I had one of them

When I was in between bags I used both my mums head bag (not pink - think it was silvery and obviously a ladies bag) and a placcy bag.

Even now, I can feel the shame.

I used to go to my local regularly at 16, I was even on the pool team - aways were always a bit of a worry but I was never ID'd.

I've only been ID'd twice, once about a month after I turned 18 (and I got slung out of the pub because I didn't have any fucking ID - I still don't unless I take my passport out to the pub on the offchance I try to catch last orders in Calais) and once in Los Angeles. When I was 25.