You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divorce - pros & cons?

Redder Lurtz

37 minutes ago, Mook said:

Thanks folks.

I should've said the kids will stay over every other weekend, I'll be seeing them a bit more than that & definitely at least once a week.

We still have to tell them, which I'm dreading although they're 6 & 4 so hopefully take it in their stride.

All the best mate. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mook said:

Thanks folks.

I should've said the kids will stay over every other weekend, I'll be seeing them a bit more than that & definitely at least once a week.

We still have to tell them, which I'm dreading although they're 6 & 4 so hopefully take it in their stride.

Really sorry to hear that Mark. I hope everything works out for you in the end. Take care mate.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mook said:

Thanks folks.

Sorry to hear this mate, you're a top fella. Hope it all works out well for you and the kids.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

As soon as you’ve got your furniture in the new place, Bjornebye will be on your case daily telling you to bump the Date Thread. 

I downloaded Tinder for a nosey and it was absolutely terrifying. I deleted my account the next day, fuck that.

I couldn't pull birds in my 20s when I was playing drums in three different bands, wasn't going bald & had no kids so someone else will have to bump the date thread.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

I downloaded Tinder for a nosey and it was absolutely terrifying. I deleted my account the next day, fuck that.

I couldn't pull birds in my 20s when I was playing drums in three different bands, wasn't going bald & had no kids so someone else will have to bump the date thread.

Take that to the Things That Make You Realise You’re Getting Older thread

22 hours ago, Mook said:

The missus and me have broken up, we've not been getting on for months now and it came to a head a few weeks ago. I'm moving into a flat in Edinburgh city centre in a couple of weeks and will see the kids every second weekend.

It's fair to say 2022 has been a cunt of a year so far.

Can't see us getting a divorce anytime soon, it costs about £800 up here. I think it's free when the youngest child reaches 16 or something.

So sorry to hear that Mark.  As a veteran of such things, I can tell you things do get better - you've just got to stay calm and sane through the rough times - for you and the kids.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stringvest said:

So sorry to hear that Mark.  As a veteran of such things, I can tell you things do get better - you've just got to stay calm and sane through the rough times - for you and the kids.  

Thanks Stringy. 

A few people have said much the same to me. I think the first few nights in the flat will be very lonely but I've got mates and my brother in Edinburgh, who I will lean on from time to time & the kids aren't far away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Thanks Stringy. 

A few people have said much the same to me. I think the first few nights in the flat will be very lonely but I've got mates and my brother in Edinburgh, who I will lean on from time to time & the kids aren't far away.

Try Bumble. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I’m extremely disappointed to read this. Living my life vicariously through single posters on here is one of the few pleasures I have left. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sorry to hear that Mook. Was it the prog rock that did for the relationship?

It certainly didn't help.

The reason we're all posting on here was a bigger problem unfortunately. I think she expected me to knock watching the F**tball on the head when we had kids.

52 minutes ago, Mook said:

The reason we're all posting on here was a bigger problem unfortunately. I think she expected me to knock watching the F**tball on the head when we had kids.

As soon as you move into the flat get some bloody drums set up and have a good bash to really get to know your new neighbours. 

Two guaranteed gigging weekends a month? Living the dream right there.

(I jest, really sorry to hear your news Mook) 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mook said:

The fuck has she got against cooked breakfasts? 

• Upvote 1

On 13/04/2022 at 08:26, Mook said:

The missus and me have broken up, we've not been getting on for months now and it came to a head a few weeks ago. I'm moving into a flat in Edinburgh city centre in a couple of weeks and will see the kids every second weekend.

It's fair to say 2022 has been a cunt of a year so far.

Can't see us getting a divorce anytime soon, it costs about £800 up here. I think it's free when the youngest child reaches 16 or something.

First of all, sorry to hear that.

Second of all, the kid thing is such a backwards mentality. Staying together for the kids isn't the best thing is it, if you can maintain healthy relationships with both parents. I sure wish my mum had left my dad the times she threatened to down the years. She was well within her rights to and I think myself and my sister would have been better off without the blazing rows, the dysfunction, the tension, the lying awake at night listening for him coming stumbling up the stairs.

Not saying that in any way there's that kind of dysfunction in your house mate, just using my own experiences as a kid to highlight that backwards thinking. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

First of all, sorry to hear that.

Second of all, the kid thing is such a backwards mentality. Staying together for the kids isn't the best thing is it, if you can maintain healthy relationships with both parents. I sure wish my mum had left my dad the times she threatened to down the years. She was well within her rights to and I think myself and my sister would have been better off without the blazing rows, the dysfunction, the tension, the lying awake at night listening for him coming stumbling up the stairs.

Not saying that in any way there's that kind of dysfunction in your house mate, just using my own experiences as a kid to highlight that backwards thinking. 

Aye, I agree.

I think kids would prefer their parents splitting up to listening to them rowing all the time and that's where we were heading. I'd also prefer my two boys had their Dad around most nights though & they won't now.

• Upvote 2

Reading this thread kinda makes me feel lucky. Married 42 years in August. My missus is a good'un never gets upset when I want to watch sport ,never gave me grief when I played footy and back then I was a bit of a thoughtless twat. I really only realised how thoughtless I had been when I reached my fifties.  Hope things work out well for you Mook

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mook said:

Tinder ain’t for dating mate. Get on there and get your dick wet.