You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divorce - pros & cons?

Redder Lurtz

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

The thing that makes me laugh is " the fire wasn't covered as he'd stopped paying the premiums without telling his wife"

Not really sure he'd have been covered since  he was the policy holder and started it deliberately 

Sat there whistling, toasting a marshmallow on what remains of his living room. 

02ABB4C1-4C9C-4EBE-8CD9-60A4B65BA8F8.jpeg

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've recently started watching Peep Show, great character. Hopefully he's in more than just the one episode?

‘I’m going to turn you down like a hippy parasite. And then I’m going to call you a turkey fucker’.

Yeah, he’s both amazing and keeps popping up throughout the seasons.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

The thing that makes me laugh is " the fire wasn't covered as he'd stopped paying the premiums without telling his wife"

Not really sure he'd have been covered since  he was the policy holder and started it deliberately 

I’m pretty sure he’d have known that but didn’t give a fuck, he’d have happily let the lot burn so she didn’t get the cash. 

Hence;

Neighbours were shocked to see McCorry sitting in his garden, sipping a glass of whisky, as the flames engulfed the back of the house. 

When asked what he was doing, he replied "I'm watching it burn", the court was told.

• 8 months later...
On 02/09/2017 at 11:16, Jenson said:

Just found out my ex is seeing someone, but not just anyone. It's her sisters stepson who's about 15 years younger than her. The real gut puncher though is that I had my suspicions she was already seeing him at the time we split up but couldn't/didn't want to believe she would do that. How fucking stupid was I?

TBH I thought I'd be completely devastated by something like this but I don't really know how to feel. Can't pretend it doesn't hurt but I'm more numb than anything.

There's definitely potential for me to get really angry but I don't want to do that as it's self defeating. Just writing this here to help me process.

I dont mean to pry, but I'm invested in this now. Please tell me he has binned her off.

On 02/09/2017 at 11:16, Jenson said:

Just found out my ex is seeing someone, but not just anyone. It's her sisters stepson who's about 15 years younger than her. The real gut puncher though is that I had my suspicions she was already seeing him at the time we split up but couldn't/didn't want to believe she would do that. How fucking stupid was I?

TBH I thought I'd be completely devastated by something like this but I don't really know how to feel. Can't pretend it doesn't hurt but I'm more numb than anything.

There's definitely potential for me to get really angry but I don't want to do that as it's self defeating. Just writing this here to help me process.

I dont mean to pry, but I'm invested in this now. Please tell me he has binned her off.

38 minutes ago, John102 said:

Hahaha blast from the past this! Yeah, that's long over. I think he might have actually moved down South now.

• Upvote 1

The missus and me have broken up, we've not been getting on for months now and it came to a head a few weeks ago. I'm moving into a flat in Edinburgh city centre in a couple of weeks and will see the kids every second weekend.

It's fair to say 2022 has been a cunt of a year so far.

Can't see us getting a divorce anytime soon, it costs about £800 up here. I think it's free when the youngest child reaches 16 or something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 20

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

The missus and me have broken up, we've not been getting on for months now and it came to a head a few weeks ago. I'm moving into a flat in Edinburgh city centre in a couple of weeks and will see the kids every second weekend.

Can't see us getting a divorce anytime soon, it costs about £800 up here. I think it's free when the youngest child reaches 16 or something.

Commiserations, bud. Always a shitty outcome and massive upheaval.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Sorry to here this mate hope you’re ok. 

• Upvote 1

Really sorry to hear that Mark. Not got kids but split up from the long-term fiancée I had a house with a few years ago and lived through some of the ups and downs. Keep on keeping on mate, the good times can definitely come back round again, after a period of adjustment.

• Upvote 1

Cheers lads.

It was all decided at the start of March so I've kind of made my peace with it now. I would've stuck it out for the kids but she's decided it's not happening. I'll only be 20 minutes away on the bus.

25 minutes ago, Mook said:

Fuck’s sake, mate. I’m sorry to hear this.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mook said:

Sorry to hear this mate 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get through it ok. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Fucking hell mate I'm sad to hear this.  Nothing more I can say really. Look after yourself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Sorry to hear that. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks folks.

I should've said the kids will stay over every other weekend, I'll be seeing them a bit more than that & definitely at least once a week.

We still have to tell them, which I'm dreading although they're 6 & 4 so hopefully take it in their stride.

• Upvote 3