You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divorce - pros & cons?

Redder Lurtz

• 4 weeks later...

Working on the Mrs laptop today an email from an estate agent came through and displayed on the bottom right of the screen. A reply to her asking for a viewing of a property.

i rang her and she denied all knowledge but I read a couple of older emails and seems it’s not the first she expressed interest in and one was going to be a joint tenancy with a lad from her running club that I’ve long suspected something was going on with but she denied.

She was evasive on the phone but texted about half an hour later to say she was looking to move out, has been unhappy for a long time and we never do anything together, she also said not to try to change her mind as it’s made up. She says it’s nothing I’d done but she didn’t imagine her life turning out like this. She says she wants the kids with her but won’t prevent access in any way. 

I had my heart broken completely by the girlfriend before her so I’m fairly immune to the actual splitting up with her but it’s the horror of everything around the outside of it that’s going to kill me. 

We have 2 young kids who mean the world to me and the idea of not being around them all the time is terrifying me. Even with full access the idea of leaving them at night is going to leave me bereft.

Also the practical side, we have a comfortable life, both with good jobs but we’re not wealthy and have high bills / costs.

We live in a house I love and thought we’d be here forever but everything is just ruined now and I don’t know what to do. 

I can genuinely say I’ve never mistreated her, have never said no to anything she’s wanted, the reason I stay in is to help with the kids as one is very challenging. 

Im completely lost but for some reason I have to be the one to tiptoe round in case she decides to get nasty in the divorce. It all seems so unfair. If she wants to leave that’s fine but why should she get the kids and probably most of the things we’ve accumulated together. 

Been unhappy for a long time, but never told you and gave you the opportunity to do anything about it? Sounds like someone is covering her arse.

In the long run you're better off without this cunt, but I know you won't be feeling that way right now.

Easy to say after the fact, but it would probably have been a good idea to not say anything and gather evidence of her wrongdoing over the coming weeks instead, which would enable you to swing things back your way a bit. As it is, she's one step ahead of you, and that's a big advantage.

Hoping for the best for you Geoff.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the kind words. We’ve had a few more discussions tonight. I do actually believe that long term I’ll be happier, without sounding Tory, my family is well enough off I’ve been told that finances through this aren’t something I need to worry about and although it sounds mercenary it’s a massive weight off.

shes also reiterated that although the kids will ‘live’ with her that access won’t be a problem and we’ll both remain fully involved so that’s a massive weight off.

Just hoping to move on as best as possible and familiarise myself with all the new technology that’s available like Tinder and the Facebook. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Sorry to hear that Geoff. Your priorities now though are you and your kids. You should definitely be having them at least 2 or 3 nights a week so hopefully she’ll be true to her word. The kids will be upset but they’ll adjust and adapt probably quicker than you do. All you have to do is be their Dad.

Dont isolate yourself, lean on your family and friends and look after yourself. Good luck mate.

Mines just gone out tonight saying she is going seeing her mate to talk about things because it’s all just so much to cope with. Complete with hair fully done, full face of make up and stinking of perfume. She’s also disabled the find my friend app we have both always used for safety reasons.

while typing this, she’s also texted saying she’s had a drink so not coming home.

She’ll still deny it because she slags off absolutely anyone she gets a whiff is cheating as it’s way outside her beliefs apparently. 

Mental thing is I’ve already told her it’s fine to split, I know the score and I’m not the type to go psycho and as long as it’s fair and I can see the kids and not be bankrupted I’m happy to do this in the friendliest way possible and have the bare minimal legal involvement..

i like to think I’m fair, balanced and always put others first but this is all so strange to me. Definitely going to have to start changing my outlook, I’d love to be one of these people with absolutely no guilt because she would be getting told what time it is and fuck the consequences. As it is all I care about is the embarrassment of it all and making sure mine and my parents hearts and broken by having the time with the kids limited.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Mines just gone out tonight saying she is going seeing her mate to talk about things because it’s all just so much to cope with. Complete with hair fully done, full face of make up and stinking of perfume. She’s also disabled the find my friend app we have both always used for safety reasons.

while typing this, she’s also texted saying she’s had a drink so not coming home.

She’ll still deny it because she slags off absolutely anyone she gets a whiff is cheating as it’s way outside her beliefs apparently. 

Mental thing is I’ve already told her it’s fine to split, I know the score and I’m not the type to go psycho and as long as it’s fair and I can see the kids and not be bankrupted I’m happy to do this in the friendliest way possible and have the bare minimal legal involvement..

i like to think I’m fair, balanced and always put others first but this is all so strange to me. Definitely going to have to start changing my outlook, I’d love to be one of these people with absolutely no guilt because she would be getting told what time it is and fuck the consequences. As it is all I care about is the embarrassment of it all and making sure mine and my parents hearts and broken by having the time with the kids limited.

With all due respect mate, fuck her. She's acting like a cunt. Do what's best for you and as hard as it may be, make her not important to you. 

24 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Mate, it’s admirable that you’re trying to be fair and balanced, but she is taking the absolute piss. You know what she’s up to so don’t give her a second fucking thought and just look after yourself!

X2 it looks like from where I'm sitting that she's rubbing your nose in it 

• 2 weeks later...

Sound like my sister is getting a divorce as her husband has been playing away.

Part of me feels sorry for her & I do genuinely feel sorry for her 3 year old....but we don’t get on great these days and part of me thinks “you reap what you sow”.

She wasn’t a bridesmaid at my wedding so kicked off and then told me on my wedding day “today is a waste of time, we all know you’ll end up getting divorced anyway”.

She’s awful to our parents, she’s been nasty to my wife & daughter and I just think her husband is probably sick of her shit as well.

That & he’s been playing playing away with this little fitty. 

My sister isn’t ugly by any means but I don’t blame him for upgrading!

Can somebody make the photo NSFW?

31224243-FE06-4CC9-B828-B6A1A885FA06.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• 1 month later...