You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divorce - pros & cons?

Redder Lurtz

I understand that most things on the GF can be laughed at. Things like Maddie jokes can be funny despite the nature of the incident etc. I mean we have a whole thread on women despite equal rights etc. But to take the piss out of a subject, forumite who is quite clearly hurting is a bit low Scot. Give it a year or so and Colin will be able to take it. But I’d move on from this one pal. LF quite clearly doesn’t want to discuss the subject and we should respect his privacy.

I get all that Dan, I’m not meaning to offend or take the piss, more trying to bring some lightheartedness to the proceedings.

Having said that, as you’ve already acknowledged, this is the GF and things have stopped much, much lower in other threads. So if songs didn’t work, maybe film titles will:

Fatal Attraction

Indecent Proposal

Sleeping With The Enemy

Never Ending Story

Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets

Gone Girl

Brief Encounter

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Dumb & Dumber

The Departed

Great Escape

Home Alone

Nightcrawler

Lady & The Tramp

Despicable Me

Liar Liar

Anger Management

Leminy Snicket & a Series of Unfortunate Events

Catch Me If You Can

Kick Ass

Raging Bull

Die Hard

Look Who’s Talking

Look Who’s Talking Too

Look Who’s Talking Now

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

What a fucking joy this is. 

Brings out the very worst in everyone even when you’re trying not be a cunt. 

Try not to be dragged down mate, easier said than done I know. You’ll learn a lot about people as you go through this.

• Upvote 2

On 9/15/2018 at 11:47 PM, Jenson said:

Try not to be dragged down mate, easier said than done I know. You’ll learn a lot about people as you go through this.

100%. I remember how much her sister told me how much she hated her for what she did, how much she still wants me in her life as she loves me, still wants me at her wedding, still wants to spend time with me. 

Havent seen her in 6 months now she’s off out with her and her new fella every weekend. 

You are doing a great job Col! And for someone that doesn’t have kids you haven’t had to be continually nice. 

Choose to be that better man

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...