You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TV and Film Trivia

Section_31

During the height of The Equalizer's popularity, actor Edward Woodward was often approached on the street by people in need, with situations similar to those depicted in the show. He began carrying flyers with the phone numbers of social services organizations and legal clinics for them to contact.

• Upvote 1

Jean Claude Van Damme was originally cast as The Predator...

According to an interview with director John McTiernan, the "hole in the jungle" appearance of the Predator was played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in a "blue screen" (actually red) suit.

Van Damme quit after two days, unhappy with being cast as an uncredited special effect. The alien was scrapped, redesigned and was eventually played by 7'2" Kevin Peter Hall.

• 2 months later...

George Lucas originally planned to have Wookies on the forest moon instead of Ewoks, which, let's be honest, would have been a billion times better and more realistic than seeing the Galactic Empire's finest troops being beaten to death by 2 foot tall teddy bears armed with sticks. That fact still pisses me off today! Lucas, you cunt.

The house blown up in Hot Fuzz was *ootballs own Dave Bassetts.

And Kate Blanchette uncredited had a role in it.

Peter Jackson has a three second cameo as father christmas.

One of the characters is named after the guy who wrote the book for The Wicker Man.

Robert Rodriguez scored two scenes in the film.

When Tim Dalton accidentally looks directly at the camera in one scene they kept it in and put a cash register noise in to denote it.

I have been watching the bonus features today and could give hundreds of these. That's what happens when you let film nuts make their own films; you get great little hidden references everywhere.

George Lucas originally planned to have Wookies on the forest moon instead of Ewoks, which, let's be honest, would have been a billion times better and more realistic than seeing the Galactic Empire's finest troops being beaten to death by 2 foot tall teddy bears armed with sticks. That fact still pisses me off today! Lucas, you cunt.

That can't be true. It makes me die a little inside when I see RotJ and its a bit ruined by the ground battle, but now its totally ruined by conjuring up memories of the prequels, like Lucas had slowly been corrupted and every scene of Ewoks beating up Stormtroopers in bullet proof armour with rocks. ;_;

That can't be true. It makes me die a little inside when I see RotJ and its a bit ruined by the ground battle, but now its totally ruined by conjuring up memories of the prequels, like Lucas had slowly been corrupted and every scene of Ewoks beating up Stormtroopers in bullet proof armour with rocks. ;_;

Taken from Wiki (which I know doesn't exactly make it gospel)

"Creator George Lucas created the Ewoks because he wanted Return of the Jedi to feature a tribe of primitive creatures that bring down the technological Empire. He had originally intended the scenes to be set on the Wookie home planet, but as the film series evolved, the Wookies became technologically skilled. Lucas designed a new species instead, and says his approach was simple: Wookies are tall, so he made Ewoks short."

Wasn't the Battle of Endor supposed to be his take on Viet Nam?

For a genius he sure does come up with some strange shit, sometimes I wonder if he's being helped by aliens or ghosts and that they don't always help him out when he needs it, like in some kind of mad 80s Eddie Murphy film or something.

Bond trivia:

Donald Pleasance was a last minute fill-in to play Blofeld in "You Only Live Twice."

Christopher Lee, who played Scaramanga in "The Man With The Golden Gun," is the cousin of Bond author Ian Fleming.

In "Moonraker", when Jaws bites the cable car line, it was actually made of liquorice.

"Licence to Kill" was originally named "License Revoked"

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Bond trivia:

Donald Pleasance was a last minute fill-in to play Blofeld in "You Only Live Twice."

Christopher Lee, who played Scaramanga in "The Man With The Golden Gun," is the cousin of Bond author Ian Fleming.

In "Moonraker", when Jaws bites the cable car line, it was actually made of liquorice.

"Licence to Kill" was originally named "License Revoked"

Patrick McGoohan rejected the Bond gig on grounds of morality.