You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Remmie

architect - but i teach now full-time at the local college, which is far more enjoyable.

i make more money, have an incredible amount of free time, no stress and lots of young girls asking for help.....it's alright.

school is almost done for the year and then i usually dabble in my own consultant work - an aquarium was one project i really wanted to do.

Not quite an architect; just doing my post-grad studies now.

I imagine an aquarium is a great challenge, was it a very well defined brief?

I can't ever imagine tutoring, the amount of stick ours get I could never put myself in that position.

Not quite an architect; just doing my post-grad studies now.

I imagine an aquarium is a great challenge, was it a very well defined brief?

I can't ever imagine tutoring, the amount of stick ours get I could never put myself in that position.

the aquarium is here in vancouver and needs a serious overhaul. there are very specialized designers for the exhibits themselves - i really only drew pretty pictures of the building. unfortunately, budget constraints (get used to that disappointment) have taken some of the zip out of it....i won't be working on it anymore.

teaching on the other hand is great - i don't take any shit from the students, but generally they are from good homes and well behaved. i teach all the CAD drafting and 3D graphics courses.

Gotta hate budgets!

What 3D/CAD stuff do you teach?

autocad, 3D studio MAX, and a little bit of illustrator and photoshop

i don't want to take over the thread and lose such a great subject, but if you want to see something cool, check out this website....

Tally-Ho Enterprises

i design replica WWII fighter planes (spitfire MK1) with an engineering friend.

autocad, 3D studio MAX, and a little bit of illustrator and photoshop

i don't want to take over the thread and lose such a great subject, but if you want to see something cool, check out this website....

Tally-Ho Enterprises

i design replica WWII fighter planes (spitfire MK1) with an engineering friend.

There's some really ace images on that site bud, nice one.

Are you using VRay or Mental Ray with 3DS MAx?

There's some really ace images on that site bud, nice one.

Are you using VRay or Mental Ray with 3DS MAx?

MentalRay

those images are old - i'll have some new ones up soon enough.

i 'otter' go....cheers

• 1 month later...