You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inter Milan after Gerrard?

StevieH

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if gerrard ever makes a move to leave again we should let him, no questions asked.

Agree 100%.

Arguably we might have moved on further as a team had Gerrard moved to Chelsea. We now have a situation where he is possibly briefing the media against his manager. He also seems to be immovable from the centre, even though there is a strong argument that the team would be better with Stevie on the right.

Agree 100%.

Arguably we might have moved on further as a team had Gerrard moved to Chelsea. We now have a situation where he is possibly briefing the media against his manager. He also seems to be immovable from the centre, even though there is a strong argument that the team would be better with Stevie on the right.

look at our league position with him in the free role/right midfield and look at our position with gerrard in the middle 'bossing the midfield'.

If Gerrard wants to go? Let him if they make the offer big enough. Alonso + Mascherano in the center will work well, Lucas off the bench... Spearing or Guthrie helping out.

We can use the money to buy a world class winger.

I like Gerrard and I think he's a great player but whatever... I don't want another transfer request or an unhappy Gerrard poisoning the room.

I see this has turned into another 'feck off, Gerrard' type thread!

When will these types be happy? If \ when he does so they can add him to the list of players they hate?

If Gerrard broke a leg on the first day of the season, yeah, just see how well we'll play without him. Not!

Mascherano and Alonso doesnt work in the centre. Alonso will be gone long before Gerrard and I am suprised people are even talking about Gerrard going.

Despite Gerrards antics with Cheslea and what have ye, you cannot deny how much he loves the club. As soon as we have a bad season, Alonso seems to want to leave and I am sick of him saying that he is flattered when he is linked to Barcelona. Well if you want to go then mate,just go !!

Geat passer of the ball and can look a world beater against Derby and the likes, but can anyone honestly say that we have seen him take a game by the scruff of the neck, especially in the big games. No I dont think so.

I see this has turned into another 'feck off, Gerrard' type thread!

When will these types be happy? If \ when he does so they can add him to the list of players they hate?

If Gerrard broke a leg on the first day of the season, yeah, just see how well we'll play without him. Not!

if gerrard broke his leg first day of the season I personally think we'd end the season in a similar position than if he played i.e. 4th or there abouts rather than dropping like a stone to mid table mediocrity.

Mascherano and Alonso doesnt work in the centre. Alonso will be gone long before Gerrard and I am suprised people are even talking about Gerrard going.

Despite Gerrards antics with Cheslea and what have ye, you cannot deny how much he loves the club. As soon as we have a bad season, Alonso seems to want to leave and I am sick of him saying that he is flattered when he is linked to Barcelona. Well if you want to go then mate,just go !!

Geat passer of the ball and can look a world beater against Derby and the likes, but can anyone honestly say that we have seen him take a game by the scruff of the neck, especially in the big games. No I dont think so.

Agree with that, he pulls the strings well but he doesn't get in there and take control enough for my liking. I think you can get away with just doing the former in European matches but not in the cut and thrust of the premiership. Ideally you need players who can do both.

I've always thought this about Alonso to be honest, from day one. I thought he was a top player abilty-wise but never saw what all the gushing was about because he's not productive enough considering his talent.