You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: The 4 Options

KevieG

The options  

104 members have voted

1. 1. The options

• Go Now
    • Go in the summer
    • GIve him one more year
    • Extend his contract

Seeing as we are out of the league and have once again failed miserably to challenge, i think its safe to say that everyones minimum requirements weren't met. Should Rafa

Go Now

Go in the summer

Be given one more season

Be given an extended contract

If you don't agree with the poll, go find another one to your liking

the thing with polls like this is they don't cover all the options. I think Rafa has taken us as far as we can, but would I sack him today? Well only if I knew who was going to be in charge on Saturday and beyond. You don't just sack your manager without a plan - no matter if that's now, the summer, or the end of rafa's contract.

the thing with polls like this is they don't cover all the options. I think Rafa has taken us as far as we can, but would I sack him today? Well only if I knew who was going to be in charge on Saturday and beyond. You don't just sack your manager without a plan - no matter if that's now, the summer, or the end of rafa's contract.

Bingo.

Interesting Anny Rd has voted "Go now" in this particular thread but, last time i saw, hadn't voted in my Thread.

I've said give him a contract extension. When (maybe If) we get new owners in i hope thats the first thing they do.

These owners totally humiliated him and the only way to make it up is to totally elevate him with a new contract, regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

At the very least he should be given one more year with proper backing.

Interesting Anny Rd has voted "Go now" in this particular thread but, last time i saw, hadn't voted in my Thread.

I've said give him a contract extension. When (maybe If) we get new owners in i hope thats the first thing they do.

These owners totally humiliated him and the only way to make it up is to totally elevate him with a new contract, regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

I wouldn't trust Rafa with 50 million. All we can go on is his previous form and its not good.

Your question asked should he be sacked now? I dont think he should be sacked. He does not deserve the bullet. Do I think he should leave Yes.

Two different questions you see.

Why? I wouldnt let him go without a replacement but if we had someone like mouriniho lined up to replace him in the summer I would do.

Everyones judgement is clouded because of the business with the americans.

Otherwise you would see where 7th in the league and have not come closer to winning the league in (4years at end of season) than we did under houllier.

Yeh were good in cup competitions because we have got a couple of world class players who can enable us to beat anyone on our day.

The facts of the matter are the league is the yardstick by which we judge success and were going backwards.

ps I fuckin hate the yanks too but when we sign mascherano he will have been given over 20 million to spend this january regardless of what u wanna say.

I'd say give him one more year. He is a fantastic manager and can achieve great things with Liverpool. G&H have ruined everything for Rafa and Liverpool this year. Yes, sure they are professional players but when it's chaos around the club 24/7 all the time it's a whole other story. If(and I hope so) we will get new owners, hopefully DIC or the supporters I think Rafa with a bit of funding could go and win the Premiership

Thats funny, I thought we got back a shitload of that through selling players, just like we do every year.

He still spent almost 50 million in 2007. I got that from the Tompkins report, are you seriously suggesting he have a net spend of 50 million a year?

Bottom line is I don't trust him with the money. The Torres transfer was great. The others were very very questionable at a time when we are crying out for quality. Its one of the main reason I've lost faith in him.

Why? I wouldnt let him go without a replacement but if we had someone like mouriniho lined up to replace him in the summer I would do.

Mourinho? So the fact mourino is a cunt doesnt come into it? I can understand that.

Do you expect the new managers to back mourinho better than they've backed Benitez? If not, would he be able to do anything different?

Here's a question, If they were tapping up klinsmann with mourinho in charge how would HE have reacted? would it affect him, the team?

Everyones judgement is clouded because of the business with the americans.

No. The Manager, and the players have been affected with this business with the Americans

Otherwise you would see where 7th in the league and have not come closer to winning the league in (4years at end of season) than we did under houllier.

People seem to forget- Benitez got us our highest points total since we last won the league.

What does that tell you? Regardless of how much steps we take forward, if the other 3 clubs are taking bigger/more steps we'll always be behind. Houllier was not dealing with the same Manchester United or the same Chelsea.

Yeh were good in cup competitions because we have got a couple of world class players who can enable us to beat anyone on our day.

The facts of the matter are the league is the yardstick by which we judge success and were going backwards.

ps I fuckin hate the yanks too but when we sign mascherano he will have been given over 20 million to spend this january regardless of what u wanna say.

No. we'll have sold sissoko for 8M(?) bought Skrtl for 6M

and paid less than a quarter of 17M for Mascherano. The price is spread over 4 years including wages, as confirmed by Dave Usher...

He still spent almost 50 million in 2007. I got that from the Tompkins report, are you seriously suggesting he have a net spend of 50 million a year?

Bottom line is I don't trust him with the money. The Torres transfer was great. The others were very very questionable at a time when we are crying out for quality. Its one of the main reason I've lost faith in him.

We should be giving him as much net spend per year as United and Chelsea are spending.

Probably should be giving him much more because we're the ones playing catch up, and have much more building to do.

Aye - what he said.

People seem to forget- Benitez got us our highest points total since we last won the league.

What does that tell you? Regardless of how much steps we take forward, if the other 3 clubs are taking bigger/more steps we'll always be behind. Houllier was not dealing with the same Manchester United or the same Chelsea.

Our points totals are all over the place, there is no steady progression at all. Getting 82 one year, then being hopeless the next two means nothing.

We are still the same consistently inconsistent team as always who play a poor brand of football. Houllier was dealing with similar competition.

I'm sick of the excuses.

We should be giving him as much net spend per year as United and Chelsea are spending.

Probably should be giving him much more because we're the ones playing catch up, and have much more building to do.

Our net spend has been similar to United's. When will people see this.

No-one can compete with Cheslea financially.

If you are waiting for this then you might as well pack in following football.

Spot on.