You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard's reaction to the Lucas substitution?

Original202

I really do despair with some of you loons.

If we are talking about what's wrong with our club at the moment there are a million things I'd put ahaed of Gerarrd's supposed attitude problem.

But hey - its cool to have a go at him isn't it.

Get a fucking grip.

Couldn't agree more.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard was one of the few in that second half who at last was trying.

Too many people jumping on the lads back and looking for anything to have a go at him with but they were far more worse players out there tonight who should be have a good look at themselves and wonder just how they can justify picking up a wage packet.

You think Gerrard is shit well stick him in the Manc or Arsenal team and see how shit he is then.

Sad ain't it. He's our best player and still gets called a cunt.

It's such tedious bullshit. People (rightly) drone on about Parry's overwhelming ineptitude yet completely blame Gerrard over the Chelsea summers.

Rafa spends January securing a centre half and a defensive midfielder, and surprise fucking surprise we've no imagination, verve or flair against a very average West Ham team. And skimming through a few threads on here tonight Gerrard's responsible for the bulk of the failure.

Let's blame one of our two world class players for everything.

God help us all if Torres goes three games without scoring.

I see some have lost no opportunity at turning this into a bash Stevie thread. Frankly if he did refuse, I'd be proud our captain is starting to question some truely bizzare decisions. Gerrard would play anywhere for this club.

If Gerrard Houllier was making the decisions about style of play formations, playing players clearly out of form as Benitez is, he'd get slaughtered.

Benitez can turn this around but he needs to do certain things. He needs to apologise to Ayesteran and get him back. He needs clear the air talks with the players. he needs to acknowledge he's wrong.

Here we go again, let's all talk about Gerrard.

And it's also revisionism because Gerrard's best season was Houllier's last one. He was awesome and dragged us into the CL pretty much on his own.

He played centre midfield.

Gerrard's best season is the season in which he helped our TEAM function the best it has in 18 years. Not the best for him personally. Even in Houllier's last season it was clear too much emphasis was placed on he and Owen. Playing on the right may be considered a 'relegation' by Gerrard himself, but our team invariably looks better when he plays there.

Gerrard knows that Rafa's on his last legs. He still tries even if he doesn't like the manager so I won't knock him for that. I will say, and I've said it since Athens, that he's become the Undroppable Steven Gerrard. You can't sub him, you can't play where you want and you can't drop him if he's playing shite. That's not good for the team and it's detrimental to our overall tactics. I believe long term he's part of the problem not the solution.

Steven Gerrard would walk into any other team in Europe and has proven time and time again to be our best player.

He has dragged us through more games where he has gone on a driving run or s hot from distance.

I watched the match and im presuming whoever come up with this story about him shaking his head must have been watching the same stream and i never saw anything.

Have you noticed it had to be Gerrard and Carra who were shaking their heads, like its only the local lads who can disagree with anything.

Is it any wonder Gerrard looks pissed off most of the time with the shite he has had to play alongside and the tactics he endures.

Im sorry but if i thought Gerrard was to blame for tonights defeat then i would say so but he was the player who went to the left wing and looked to attack the full back and caused West Ham problems.

Gerrard did more in the 20 minutes on the left wing then Kewell has managed all season.

Gerrard's best season is the season in which he helped our TEAM function the best it has in 18 years. Not the best for him personally. Even in Houllier's last season it was clear too much emphasis was placed on he and Owen. Playing on the right may be considered a 'relegation' by Gerrard himself, but our team invariably looks better when he plays there.

Hang on a second lad, this is a thread discussing where Gerrard has played his best football, not where the team has been at it's best.

If you want to go down that road, then why not ask the manager why Crouch isn't playing every week like he was back then? And also, Momo was playing centre mid all season so he should be a regular still?

This mess has fuck all to do with Gerrard. He's had a very good season to date, has fifteen goals etc but we lost and yet again it's going to turn into a debate about him.

Moschops made the point that Gerrards best season as a player was on the right, but I disagree. I thought Gerrard in centre midfield in GH's last season, was fucking consistently brilliant.

Gerrard knows that Rafa's on his last legs. He still tries even if he doesn't like the manager so I won't knock him for that. I will say, and I've said it since Athens, that he's become the Undroppable Steven Gerrard. You can't sub him, you can't play where you want and you can't drop him if he's playing shite. That's not good for the team and it's detrimental to our overall tactics. I believe long term he's part of the problem not the solution.

You could say the same for Dirk Kuyt.

Rumours going around that Benitez mouthed "no more" and crossed his hands at the end of the game. No idea if true or not, or even what it means if it is true.

He did gesture and cross his arms. I couldn't make out what he said but I wouldn't read too much in to it. He just seemed angry and was directing it towards the ref. My opinion at the time was that he was pissed at the ref for letting west ham play on so deep in to injury time. Maybe he was just frustrated that they scored in the 94th min with 3 mins of injury time.

Of course he's undroppable in the same way Ronaldo is for United or Drogba is for Chelsea - he's world class.

And if he's part of the problem, what about Riise, Aurelio, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Crouch and Kuyt who have all played well below their level this season?

We have to go away to Chelsea, Arsenal and the Mancs and are playing like a team of strangers. Yes I am worried but to blame it on anyone player is wrong, it is a collection of things but I worry how we are capable of getting a run going.

Worried I am shitting myself.

Of course he's undroppable in the same way Ronaldo is for United or Drogba is for Chelsea - he's world class.

And if he's part of the problem, what about Riise, Aurelio, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Crouch and Kuyt who have all played well below their level this season?

If Ronaldo was off form then he'd taken out of the team with a boot up his arse. No one has dominated their dressing room since Keane left.

Riise isn't good enough. Aurelio is always injured. Carragher has been patchy but there's been no cover anyway. Alonso's been injured and hasn't been in the team when fit. Crouch is a mystery although his attitude has been awful in some games and Kuyt should be dropped. Mascherano is boss.

Hahahahaha! Yeah, let's ship him out for say £30m then call him a twat when he turns it on for his new club \ team.

Gerrard is carrying this team, sorry no, that's wrong. He's carrying the fecking club cos the manager still hasnt got to grips with the PL after 4 years!

I despair. I really do. Sometimes I wished the lad had of fecked off to the chavs. Then, the manager could have bought about 5 different players with the money all of whom would be some foreign lads who dont know a fig about this club. You would then have yet another reason to have a go at Gerrard because he 'left the club in the lurch' blah, blah, blah.

Wake up FFS. Benitez has been living off the CL win since 2005 which was won incidentally with essentially Houllier's team. His 'own' team couldnt get near a Milan side 2 years older and slower than 2005.

Benitez needs to change, not Gerrard before he's changed by the owners.

Steven Gerrard would walk into any other team in Europe and has proven time and time again to be our best player.

He has dragged us through more games where he has gone on a driving run or s hot from distance.

I watched the match and im presuming whoever come up with this story about him shaking his head must have been watching the same stream and i never saw anything.

Have you noticed it had to be Gerrard and Carra who were shaking their heads, like its only the local lads who can disagree with anything.

Is it any wonder Gerrard looks pissed off most of the time with the shite he has had to play alongside and the tactics he endures.

Im sorry but if i thought Gerrard was to blame for tonights defeat then i would say so but he was the player who went to the left wing and looked to attack the full back and caused West Ham problems.

Gerrard did more in the 20 minutes on the left wing then Kewell has managed all season.

Dead fucking right.

Would you drop him?

At this moment no. I said earlier in this thread that he's been playing well and is trying to win us games. He was out of form earlier in the season but as soon as he was dropped/rested/rotated there were calls that it was outrageous that he should be dropped. Any manager who doesn't play Gerrard where he wants will always have this question asked. Which isn't right. A long term problem for the new manager.