You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Johnny Barnes

johnb

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he just say he'd rather still have the debt and £100m to spend on players

or rather have the debt cleared and no money?

I don't know, I was typing and missed that bit.

He was talking sense until then though. :whistle:

His best ever goal for Liverpool was a header in the 3rd round of the F.A.Cup away at Aston Villa.We were top of the League and they were top of the first.

I was right on line with it and the ball was actually behind him but somehow he got his neck around it.I'd love somebody to find it because it's pure genius.

The greatest player I've ever seen,at one stage the greatest player in the world.

5:20 in on the following compilation. My personal favourite was the goal against QPR at 2:53

Total legend. Not only was he a world class player, the way he conducts himself now puts most ex-reds to shame. Always refers to liverpool as 'we' and 'us' and will not take any negative shite spouted by the other cunts. Always defended rafa when cunts were sticking the boot in and is now supportive of roy. Also enjoyed his refusal to join the gerrard has to play centre mid bandwagon, he just stated what we all know, that stevie is a world class player and can play anywhere, where he plays is dependant on the quality of the other players.

Football pundit John Barnes is told his seventh child has arrived while he's on air...but declines to rush to the hospital

For a man, attending the birth of your child must be one of the most incredible events life can offer. But not, apparently, if it is your seventh child. Former footballer, John Barnes, 47, decided he would rather watch his beloved football team than be at the birth of his baby son.

The former Liverpool and England striker was booked to appear as a match pundit on Skysports to cover the eagerly anticipated Premiership match between Liverpool and Chelsea at Anfield at 4pm on Sunday. But timing was not on his side as his wife Andrea, a biologist, had gone into labour with their third child. Undaunted by the imminent birth he decided the show must go on and he would honour his professional commitments.

So he stayed and was clearly enjoying the match as his former team, who have had a miserable run of form, took a 2-0 lead. So much so that when the announcement of the birth of his baby son was made he decided he wanted to stay to watch some more football. Giving him the opportunity to join his wife and new baby in hospital, presenter Richard Keyes said: 'John Barnes has become a dad again. Baby Alexander weighed in at 7lb and 2oz,' adding: 'Do you want to go?'

But Barnes was resolute in his reply saying: 'I'll stay for the second half.' Eventually the Jamaican-born former footballer decided that it was high time for him to make an appearance at the hospital and left. At the end of the match Richard Keyes announced that Barnes had indeed gone to be with his wife and baby Alexander. But he reprimanded him saying: 'Quite rightly. He should have gone earlier.'

Last night Barnes was not available for comment and was believed to be at the hospital with his wife and baby. Twice voted Footballer of the Year, Barnes, who was awarded an MBE for his services to the sport, helped his teams win the First Division twice, the FA Cup twice, and played for England 79 times. He competed in the fifth BBC series of Strictly Come Dancing in October 2007, achieving seventh place.

He was first married to Suzy and the couple have two sons and two daughters, Jamie, 24, Jordan, 21, Jemma, 17, and Jasmin, 13. They subsequently divorced after wife Suzy, 47, found out about of series of affairs he had been having. Barnes then met and married second wife, Andrea, a biologist, and they have three children, Isabella, five, Tia, three and now baby Alexander.

The birth of his baby son was a triple celebration for Barnes for as well as watching Liverpool beat Chelsea, it was also his own birthday - his 47th. Barnes controversially avoided a driving ban in October 2008 after being found guilty of driving without insurance. He already had nine points on his license but claimed a ban would cause him exceptional hardship and was instead fined £2,000. Only days after he was fired as manager of Tranmere Rovers last year, the former multi-millionaire was declared bankrupt.

He claimed it was a technicality over unpaid tax and said he had since come to an agreement over the sum. At the time a spokesman for the Insolvency Service said the bankruptcy should be discharged on October 14, 2010.

Read more: Football pundit John Barnes is told his seventh child has arrived while he's on air...but declines to rush to the hospital | Mail Online

I cant believe barnes stayed to be a pundit, rather than be at the hospital, i think it potrays him rather negatively and somewaht desperate to have a chance with sky, i am sure he was skint, but that was pretty embarassing... but always he will be a legend as a footballer, but as a husband, and father that was not good, not to mention opinions formed in the country on him because of that,,,with keys and redknapp rubbing it in even more... i am embarrased on barnesy's behalf it's cringeworthy stuff... not good