You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you eat with your pancakes?

RedinSweden

What is your favourite pancake topping?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite pancake topping?

• Lemon juice and sugar
    • Jam (please specify)
    • Golden syrup
    • Maple syrup
    • Some sort of chocolate arrangement
    • Ice cream
    • Fruit (please specify)
    • Other (please specify)

But I have savoury and sweet toppings using the same batter. Wild mushrooms and goat's cheese, or Basil, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella with some lemon juice is magic. Plus I use this awesome £50 pancake pan.

Sweet I'll go with honey and greek yoghurt or pretty much anything I got going spare that's sweet- sorbet, fruit, jam. Experiment, man, groovy!

I've become Paul.

Don't fight it Rem; feel it. When's your new Sky+ box arriving?

On the more important issue of how to serve pancakes on the big day, I'm down with the boy Kavanagh-Grover here. We have sweet and savoury. Usually it's a baked cheese and ham type affair with some white wine and leeks in the mix to start things off. Then we go sweet with a banana split type option for the kids and a crepe suzette kind of vibe for the adults.

I should also state at this point that we are usually firm adherents to the American principle of making them thick and serving them for breaky with butter, maple syrup and bacon. However, for pancake day, we go thin and traditional.

American style pancakes are to be topped with sweet stuffs such as ice cream and maple syrup or toffee sauce.

Normal British pancakes can go a variety of ways. One of my favourites is to get them when they're still hot and throw a load of chocolate buttons on them then roll them up and let them melt.

Another, more savoury method is to throw the contents of a fry up, such as cut up sausages, bacon, bits of fried bread and scrambled egg in to the mixture and make a sort of big breakfast pancake omelette type job.

Obviously I don't make these, I ask someone to do them for me. They're still delicious though.

Don't fight it Rem; feel it. When's your new Sky+ box arriving?

On the more important issue of how to serve pancakes on the big day, I'm down with the boy Kavanagh-Grover here. We have sweet and savoury. Usually it's a baked cheese and ham type affair with some white wine and leeks in the mix to start things off. Then we go sweet with a banana split type option for the kids and a crepe suzette kind of vibe for the adults.

I should also state at this point that we are usually firm adherents to the American principle of making them thick and serving them for breaky with butter, maple syrup and bacon. However, for pancake day, we go thin and traditional.

I would like to point out that I am fully in favour of thick and thin, savoury and sweet, but for the benefit of the poll, I wanted thin and sweet.

I would like to point out that I am fully in favour of thick and thin, savoury and sweet, but for the benefit of the poll, I wanted thin and sweet.

You're absolutely right to clarify the issue, Jim. Pancakes are a serious business.