You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

Updates from RAWKS man in the know. from: cowtownred

I categorically did NOT say that DIC have withdrawn.

The meetings that were going on last week between themselves, one or two other potential investors, and club officials went very well, and as far as I can tell raised a few possible options for the next move. But the talks have stopped for the moment, although they continue to keep abreast.

DIC are keener than ever to mount a takeover bid, not imminently, but to say they have lost interest is simply not true.

As to Rafa, there is increasing speculation that he might leave, depends on several things really. I understand he is emotionally quite volatile at the minute, and frankly the money he might get by hanging in there is of no relevance.

I have little or no inside stuff from players, but again, depending on the next 6 months... there could/will very probably be an exodus. Not only Spanish players.

But there are due to be meetings again next week between club officials and the investors.

I personally would like to know what the 'shareLiverpool' ideas have done to the thinking of the 'investors'; also, the Inter Milan tie/future participation in the CL is a real watershed as far as I can see.... both for Rafa and the owners/DIC.

In my opinion, DIC will move in before the end of this season, but I don't think Benitez will be in place.

My facts are from the recent negotiations. But the people concerned (not me) also have a 'knowledge' of the players/managers thinking and attitude.

Facts:

DIC/2 other parties are in talks with G/H.

A deal is close.

Rafa is unhappy.

Certain players are unhappy.

Opinion:

A deal will be done by DIC etc in the next few months.

We are unlikely to win anything this season/qualify for CL next year... well its a doubt at least;

Rafa will walk

Some high profile players will leave in the summer.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow never comes, it's always in the next few days or the next few weeks.

For a group of super fans, where money is no object, they aren't half taking their time buying a club where the owners are supposedly desperate to sell and negotiating with buyers all the time.

Tomorrow never comes, it's always in the next few days or the next few weeks.

For a group of super fans, where money is no object, they aren't half taking their time buying a club where the owners are supposedly desperate to sell and negotiating with buyers all the time.

It does seem to be dragging on.

If anything had any doubts as whether DIC would be buying Liverpool purely from a business point of view then you only have to look at the length of time its taking for them to make a bid.

If anything had any doubts as whether DIC would be buying Liverpool purely from a business point of view then you only have to look at the length of time its taking for them to make a bid.

With the rosey tints fully on, as it was true that no refinancing would lower our value for a bid, so would a non CL finish. If we dont make the CL this season, we wont have the cash to pay the interest, which means G&T will have to put their hands in their pockets as guarantors (If Ive read the deal right) therefore lowering our value to them.

Of course if could be that its never going to happen, but we have to hope eh ?

Yes... but would you say Hicks and Gilette rushed their due dilligence etc because they were such big fans and were desperate to own the club they love?

DIC are businessmen ofcourse, and will run Liverpool as a business. They will NOT overpay, and they will not buy the club before they know all the details.

Cardie, you're clearly very intelligent but you don;t half sound like a real knob most of the time.

What happened, some arab kids bully you when you were younger?

We know they're interested, and we know Hicks will sell for the right price- Just because some people expect it to happen yesterday and it hasn't- doesn't mean its not going to happen. Nor does it mean it'll definately happen at all.

We know they're interested, and we know Hicks will sell for the right price- Just because some people expect it to happen yesterday and it hasn't- doesn't mean its not going to happen. Nor does it mean it'll definately happen at all.

Which is the point many have missed.

All this definetly going to happen is bollocks, Hicks and Gillette are here until they get an offer they can't refuse, DIC are unlikely to provide that offer because as an investment company they aren't around to make sentimental purchases they're in the business of making money.

Their isn't a perfect offer, there are no Scouse multi Billionaires who want to pump Abramovich style amounts into the club with 0 debt and nothing in return, people need to get used to that.

A matter of days eh, Rash?

My left buttock. Hell my whole arse.

If it happens, it happens, but it'll take a while, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

There won't be a mass exodus. If Torres does leave you can guarantee it'll be a hell of a lot of money. He's got 5 years left on his deal for starters.

Which is the point many have missed.

All this definetly going to happen is bollocks, Hicks and Gillette are here until they get an offer they can't refuse,DIC are unlikely to provide that offer because as an investment company they aren't around to make sentimental purchases they're in the business of making money.

Their isn't a perfect offer, there are no Scouse multi Billionaires who want to pump Abramovich style amounts into the club with 0 debt and nothing in return, people need to get used to that.

But the fact that most people in the know are saying that discussions are ongoing means nothing to you?

If Hicks and gilette have said "we're accepting nothing less than 1BN" and DIC have said "we're not paying more than 250M" why are they currently still in discussions?

An "offer they can't refuse" could be anything from 250M-500M depending on the circumstances.

Nobodys ever said DIC are perfect. They just happen to be best looking option because its clear from their other investments, Prestige/success is a big part of their image. And once again it is a FACT that Ansari is a Liverpool Fan, and has been for 40 years, and that HAS to count for something regardless of the fact he will make money from the club. The fact that he's not scouse is irrelevant.

Keep the pressure on Hicks, and you make his price either drop or stay lower. That Friday,when we were waiting to hear about the new finance deal, pressing refresh on Google News and the offal and here there and everywhere every five minutes, he was spending a couple of hours interviewing someone for a job at one of his other sports franchises.

We're just one of his many interests. He wants to be able to make money out of us, but he wants to make money out of those other interests too. And he wants to make money out of further interests as time goes on.

His next victims are going to hold off from getting in bed with him if bad publicity keeps following him around. It will start to have an impact.

I've already seen articles on the net from Texas papers talking about how their acceptance of Hicks' lack of ambition has allowed him to keep on with that lack of ambition. Early days, but there seems to be a renewed call over there to put pressure on him to start doing more to get some success, and all because their fans have seen what's happening here, and are starting to question him more.

Keep chipping away at the bastard and eventually he'll crack.

You should put that on a banner Pal, it’s quip of the day.

Keep the pressure on Hicks, and you make his price either drop or stay lower. That Friday,when we were waiting to hear about the new finance deal, pressing refresh on Google News and the offal and here there and everywhere every five minutes, he was spending a couple of hours interviewing someone for a job at one of his other sports franchises.

We're just one of his many interests. He wants to be able to make money out of us, but he wants to make money out of those other interests too. And he wants to make money out of further interests as time goes on.

His next victims are going to hold off from getting in bed with him if bad publicity keeps following him around. It will start to have an impact.

I've already seen articles on the net from Texas papers talking about how their acceptance of Hicks' lack of ambition has allowed him to keep on with that lack of ambition. Early days, but there seems to be a renewed call over there to put pressure on him to start doing more to get some success, and all because their fans have seen what's happening here, and are starting to question him more.

Like the positivity RR, I wish you could bottle it. The last few months havetaken me back to the Souness era, dispiriting performances both on and off the pitch.

Assume it wouldn't be that hard to set up some Tom Hicks is a thief/asset stripper/ conman type websites(Just like the kraptalk one that forced fat dunk underground.) that will show up on the first page of any google searches under his name, if he really is concerned about his image he won't like that one bit.

Assume it wouldn't be that hard to set up some Tom Hicks is a thief/asset stripper/ conman type websites(Just like the kraptalk one that forced fat dunk underground.) that will show up on the first page of any google searches under his name, if he really is concerned about his image he won't like that one bit.

Not a bad idea that you know, although avoiding the obvious slanderous stuff.

Just a blog about what he is doing to the club (wouldn't need much in the way of content) and someone who knows about how to optimize google searches making sure it comes at the top of any tom hicks/liverpool related searches.

But the fact that most people in the know are saying that discussions are ongoing means nothing to you?

If Hicks and gilette have said "we're accepting nothing less than 1BN" and DIC have said "we're not paying more than 250M" why are they currently still in discussions?

An "offer they can't refuse" could be anything from 250M-500M depending on the circumstances.

Nobodys ever said DIC are perfect. They just happen to be best looking option because its clear from their other investments, Prestige/success is a big part of their image. And once again it is a FACT that Ansari is a Liverpool Fan, and has been for 40 years, and that HAS to count for something regardless of the fact he will make money from the club. The fact that he's not scouse is irrelevant.

You're right an offer they can't refuse could be anything from £1 to 1 Billion but for loyal Liverpool supporters with billion upon billion to use in pursuit of the club (as they have been pitched with phrases like 100 million is nothing to these people) then the question remains where the fuck are they?

As far as other investments go it's best not to look into that too deeply, not only does it upset Rash but it doesn't paint the prettiest picture either they certainly aren't reveling in the prestige of owning 20% of Tussauds.

Hicks woud sue, not worth it for whoever that does it.

Doesn't need to be anything that isn't obviously true - there is plenty of that in the public domain.

I reckon its a great idea.

I'd be happy to devote some time to something like that - It'd need someone with the technical skills though.

Since when has bad publicity stopped people acheiving what they want?

It didn't stop George Bush getting another term, or countless managers getting another job. It didn't stop Peter Ridsdale fucking up two other clubs since Leeds or Hicks buying two clubs despite the negative press over his handling of the Stars/Rangers.

The world is littered with fuck ups who keep getting given high profile jobs.

Since when has bad publicity stopped people acheiving what they want?

It didn't stop George Bush getting another term, or countless managers getting another job. It didn't stop Peter Ridsdale fucking up two other clubs since Leeds or Hicks buying two clubs despite the negative press over his handling of the Stars/Rangers.

The world is littered with fuck ups who keep getting given high profile jobs.

6 thousand posts and no tick you miserable bastard.