You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

All the signs are that these guys will be here for a long time.

To be fair, if they wanted to sell, they wouldn't be going around saying "we want rid" as it would damage their bargaining position. Nothing I have seen makes me think that they are in it for the long haul, I don't believe a word Hicks says.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, if they wanted to sell, they wouldn't be going around saying "we want rid" as it would damage their bargaining position. Nothing I have seen makes me think that they are in it for the long haul, I don't believe a word Hicks says.

I'm mean the noises coming from the media, surely if talks were taking place last week and this week the papers would be creaming themselves about it.

Is that 24 - Day 86?

Is Jack coming to save us?

Imagine Jack Bauer with Hicks. He'd tie him up and torture him by injecting him with various different drugs.

It would be great to watch.

Then again, he's had so many fights with Asian terrorists, that if DIC came in he'd probably go after them aswell!

Imagine Jack Bauer with Hicks. He'd tie him up and torture him by injecting him with various different drugs.

It would be great to watch.

Then again, he's had so many fights with Asian terrorists, that if DIC came in he'd probably go after them aswell!

Torture by Jack would be excellent.

No he wont go after D.I.C. Season 86 isnt one where he goes after the Arabs. Thats season 87. Season 86, he goes after Texans and Germans. Parry plays that seasons CTU employee who is leaking info to the enemy.

30M is pretty much the operating profit of the club, and this is without the appox 300M costs for the new stadium costs.

How are we going to fund the new stadium?

What will happen to the transfer budget?

For 30M debt a year Moores could have built the bloody stadium 10 years ago and had millions left over for investment in the team.

Which financial institution under today's marketplace will lend liverpool another £300M when we will struggle to service the existing debt.

they (the yanks) are here for the long term, as a club we basically have to hang on in their until the stadium is built because once it is built things will improve but its going to be a tough four years.

Every single post of yours begins with a variation on the words 'They aren't going to sell'. Admit it, you're just trying not to jinx anything, aren't you?

This refinancing package only stands for 18 months only so they'll have to renegotiate a deal before June next year.

yeah and dump the whole lot on the club, run up another £50m in bank fees, arggh, I hate them, they're the most irresponsible cunts ever, they dont care about the long term

Every single post of yours begins with a variation on the words 'They aren't going to sell'. Admit it, you're just trying not to jinx anything, aren't you?

no, I just looking at it logically.

when the yanks first took over the DIC didn't want to pay over the odds, now roughly a year later they are going to be expected to pay over a 100m more than they offered the first time round? can't see it myself, not because I don't think they can't afford it but more they are an investment company and paying over the odds will set a precident(sp) for future investments they attempt to pursue.

we'll see it I'm wrong.

also I will add I don't blame the yanks, they have just done what business men do (albeit lying out of their arse) I blame moores for not doing research on hick, ffs a GOOGLE search would have told him all he needs to know.

moores quite possible could become as synonymous with liverpool as shankly with one pretty much growing liverpool from nothing and the latter pulling down liverpool with his bare hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There'll still be clowns on this and other forums who think that **** Moores( he deserves as much abuse as the yanks imo) didn't sell us down the river. The yanks are'nt gona build the stadium and people are kidding themselves if they think otherwise, Hicks is gona load the club with debt then sell off at a profit to himself, leaving whoever takeover to pay off debt meaning less money for transfers etc. The man wont step foot in anfield again, the masch deal(which some people think proves the yanks are good for the club) which has to be paid over 5 years he wont make a single payment and the £8.2m for momo got today will be in his personal account as soon as the check from Juve clears. We are in serious trouble and brace yourselves for a few UEFA cup seasons guys, David Moores and his pet monkey Parry have made the biggest mistake in the history of our great club just so they can line there own pockets and deserve to be abused as much as the yanks if you ever see them let them know exactly what you think of the mercenaries. Anybody with a computer and the internet could see what a C**T tom Hicks is, but Moores and Parry manage to fuck that up also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There'll still be clowns on this and other forums who think that **** Moores( he deserves as much abuse as the yanks imo) didn't sell us down the river. The yanks are'nt gona build the stadium and people are kidding themselves if they think otherwise, Hicks is gona load the club with debt then sell off at a profit to himself, leaving whoever takeover to pay off debt meaning less money for transfers etc. The man wont step foot in anfield again, the masch deal(which some people think proves the yanks are good for the club) which has to be paid over 5 years he wont make a single payment and the £8.2m for momo got today will be in his personal account as soon as the check from Juve clears. We are in serious trouble and brace yourselves for a few UEFA cup seasons guys, David Moores and his pet monkey Parry have made the biggest mistake in the history of our great club just so they can line there own pockets and deserve to be abused as much as the yanks if you ever see them let them know exactly what you think of the mercenaries. Anybody with a computer and the internet could see what a C**T tom Hicks is, but Moores and Parry manage to fuck that up also.

the stadium will definately get built. that's the one thing I'm sure about and the only silver lining I can see in this debacle.

Not by them it wont.

yes by them. they will use up 60m (from the current loan) to start it then take out another loan to finish it secured against future tickets sales. I'm worried about the future of the club but I have no worries as to the stadium it will get built either by the yanks or whoever buys us.