You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

A little insight into them... from Dubai Reds.

Taken from a lad on EST1892 "wishiwasascouser"

Just watched that video and ill tell you what i wouldnt want to cross him.

You see his face when the interviewer said that members of the Sheiks own team didnt think they could build something and they thought he was crazy.

Bet there was an advert placed in the local Dubai paper for new workmen after he had just be headed the others.

Get him involved in negotiations and AC Milan would be paying us £50 million to take Kaka of their hands.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and the city of Nethanya has to arrange defensive cover against missiles from Gaza as the daily quota of 60 missiles are abt. to rise to abt. 100 from Gaza into Israel.

Home-made rockets... "The rockets are crude, unguided two-metre-long steel weapons filled with explosives, that seldom do much damage but occasionally inflict casualties." -BBC

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Gaza's rocket threat to Israel

All this against a country which has like an 11bn Military budget...?

Don't get me wrong- the Palestinians shouldnt be firing Rockets at civilians, but when you hear what goes on against them, theres no surprise they lose their sense of justice

... and according to Israeli sources, there are plenty of ressources left with the powerplant in Gaza, but Hamas turns it off - as a way to make us see their need a little more exagerated.

- - -

The plant supplies about 30% of the Gaza Strip's electricity but almost all power to the main city, where about 400,000 people live.

Once again, the BBC.

This is not the place, where we should start throwing stones or bullets after each other. I don't - and I assume - you neither have the full stories abt. these events. How we look at the unpleasant and inhumane situation from both sides (and I know we could pile up a lot af accusations against both Israel and the Palestines) should not divide the joy of being supporters of LFC.

Ofcourse it shouldn't.

And indeed, there are wrongs being committed on both sides but there's no doubt in my mind who's to blame.

I find it unlucky and a little oldfashioned that Dubai keeps the old anti-israeli-passport rule alive, since there has been so much peacetalk going on. This is no abt. accepting Israel<>Palestine-problems, but a matter of being realistic members of this world with both muslims, christians, jews, buddists, hinduists etc.

Unfortunately - its just my opinion - and you are so much allowed to disagree - and I cannot force you to accept it (which I in fact are glad abt.).

Agreed.

Lastest from dmjn100 on football.co.uk - i know nothing of this guy but he is supposed to have got a few things right in the past.

The goings on within Anfield at the moment are quite outstanding.

Let me be clear from the off –

D.I.C or Dubai International Capital – Remain intent on securing Liverpool.

Regardless of what Tom Hicks said on Sportsweek on Sunday morning, which for me was at best vague, there remain serious divisions between Hicks & George Gillett.

George Gillett did sign the new finance deal, as so to safeguard his own ‘investment’ (loosely used term there) – but the relationship between the pair is at crisis point.

George Gillett’s son has LEFT Anfield at his fathers request & it’s understood by those within Anfield, he will not be returning.

George Gillett was said to be ‘outraged’ by Hick’s public comments about the approach made for Jurgen Klinsmann & pulling his son out from Anfield was a public show of his anger.

However with Foster leaving, big problems will arise as he was responsible for all the communication between the American owners & Roffa’.

I understand he got on very well with Foster & he was responsible impart for Benitez not walking out just recently. Benitez was made aware he had Gillett seniors full support, where as Hicks, as I said in another post – wanted him sacked.

Gillett vetoed the move & a power struggle ensued.

Gillett’s refusal to back Hick’s caused problems, on top of the big problems that already exist due to the financing.

George Gillett is it seems quite a decent chap. From the people I have spoken with who know him or have knowledge of him, he sounds affable, charming & I suppose most importantly, has a genuine liking for Liverpool.

Gillett wants to remain true to his word. When he promised Mr. Moore’s & the board members, his intention was not to saddle the club with debt, he meant it, but when he was gifted his opportunity to buy Liverpool, it fast became obvious he wouldn’t be able to do it on his own.

He’s paper rich – not cash rich, so as a result he approached Tom Hicks & a plan was put together quicker than a weeks holiday & the lack of initial groundwork is proving severely ill-advised.

George Gillett is said to favour doing a deal with D.I.C, as he has realised the ‘Project’ is going to prove impossible with the limited finances they have.

He understands that:

Yes – they have the money to as Tom Hicks said ‘Start digging’ but that is just about it. They do not have the means to pay for a further minimum £300+ million it will take to complete the stadium.

This is something that Tom Hicks is all too well known for.

Promising the earth – delivering nothing.

Many thousands of Texas Rangers fans would testify to that.

Promising to build the worlds best this and that’ – instead bleeding the companies of every single Dollar, Dime & Cent.

He sells club assets – from the clubs land to the best players. He minimizes wage bills & raises costs for real fans astronomically.

For any Liverpool fan who wants to see the degree of hate felt towards this man – read this:

http://rangersorrobbers.wordpress.co...against-hicks/

Many people are of the view that it is only a matter of time before George Gillett makes public his intention to do business with D.I.C.

Gillett knows if he forces Hicks to sell his share of Liverpool to him, then he can sell the whole package on to D.I.C, which in turn will stand to make Gillett a massive profit.

He is the one individual who can realise D.I.C’s dream.

Mr. David Moore’s held recent meetings with Gillett, with the sole intention of making it clear how deeply he disapproves of what’s gone on at the club in recent months & weeks.

He called on Gillett to honour the original terms of the takeover & has even sought legal advice, even though that avenue would achieve little in real terms.

Moore’s is seriously worried his name is turning to mud in Liverpool & is determined to win back the fans he still regards as his own. He doesn’t want to go down in Liverpool’s proud history as the man that managed to help sink Liverpool FC.

When Moore’s made his feelings known to Gillett, Gillett promised he would either live up to the original promise but if that proved impossible, he would look to do a deal with Dubai International Capital.

My friend told me Moore’s was promised Tom Hicks does not & would not have carte blanche over what happens to Liverpool.

Only last week discussions between Tom Hicks, George Gillett & D.I.C regarding the sale of Liverpool FC were ongoing – regardless of what Hicks claims.

Those negotiations are said to be ongoing as we speak.

D.I.C are determined to gain hold of Liverpool, but do not want to be seen or be perceived to be paying massively over the odds for the club. They think that would set a dangerous precedent & send out the wrong message to people who they deal with in the future.

But no matter how vitriolic the statements Hicks makes regarding selling, the facts are:

He is hanging on to his piece of Liverpool by a thread.

When D.I.C make there move and come to agreement with Gillett, Hicks will have no choice but to re-evaluate his options.

So Liverpool FC Fans.

Don’t panic.

There really is a bright light at the end of this ugly tunnel & that light in the form of D.I.C will make recent events pale into insignificance & resign Tom Hicks to his rightful place:

The history books.

The thing that gets me about DIC taking over (let me make it clear i would prefer them to Gillett and Hicks) is some people think they will throw silly money at us which wont probably be the case.

The owner of Dubai is mega rich but DIC are his investment company and therefore are expected to make him money. If it was the Sheik himself who was interested in us then so be it he would sign all the best players in world but it isnt him which i think is getting a little forgotten.

Im pretty certain that if DIC did take over they would need to be seen to spending some cash and no doubt they would realise that to make money in football you do need to spend some in the first place but makes no doubt in your mind that if DIC did take over you would still see them getting loans to fund the Stadium etc.

DIC have a massive wealth behind them but like its been posted they wont pay over the odds for us because it looks bad business practise for future investments and also that means they could be seen to be splashing bucket loads of cash on Liverpool as their other investments would also expect the same.

There is far more potential with DIC as they do have the wealth to get us to the top quicker and there is aways the possiblity that they may see Liverpool as their flagship leisure purchase but i do think this talk of them throwing money at Liverpool to get us to the top is a little premature.

Their whole business model is about investing where that "business" needs investing to make it as successful as possible.

In our case playing squad and stadium...

And they have huge resources which makes them on a whole different level to what we have now. At some point they will want us to be self sufficient, but until we are they will invest.

The thing that gets me about DIC taking over (let me make it clear i would prefer them to Gillett and Hicks) is some people think they will throw silly money at us which wont probably be the case.

ive seen this comment a lot and i have to say i get the feeling that the idea of them throwing money at us is secondary in peoples minds.

dont get me wrong id say people have been dreaming of the players we probably could get if we were owned by D.I.C. but the suggestion that thats the only reason or the main reason some people want them here is a bit harsh imo.

ive only seen a couple of those "who would you want us to sign" posts,the majority i think are just worried to death about what will happen if we dont get rid of hicks.

No I didn't! It was "Dubai Reds" - Scousers in Dubai.

I think and was told that it was a matter of time until DIC come in... and I genuinely believe they will take us the next level. 2nd best won't be an option.

Does not every chairman/board (except ours) have the desire to take thier club to the top. Does Abranovich and the Glazers not plot to win everything ever year.

The simple desire to be the best is no guarantee of success. The only reason peole want DIC in is they think they will spend megabucks on players. The one thing we can knock Chelsea for and we are now wishing it upon ourselves. Makes me feel uneasy.

I will admit it i dont care if DIC come and spend vast amounts of cash if it meant we would win the Premier League. I wouldnt care if Genghis Kahn took over as i have no morals in my desire for us to win the league and the mancs not to have more league titles then us.

I will admit it i dont care if DIC come and spend vast amounts of cash if it meant we would win the Premier League. I wouldnt care if Genghis Kahn took over as i have no morals in my desire for us to win the league and the mancs not to have more league titles then us.

I agree to a certain extent but we will regret it in the long term.

Sure it would be great to have Kaka Robbie Dingo et etc in the side but we would then have 70'000 whoppers trying to get in every match and the club would be just as finished as it would be under G+H.

Lastest from dmjn100 on football.co.uk - i know nothing of this guy but he is supposed to have got a few things right in the past.

He also apparently posted this on the 24th March:

Just got back in -

I met with my contact on Friday evening in London & we talked for 3 hours about all things football and he told me this.

Liverpools budget this summer will be 75 Million.

That is money that will be guaranteed from Tom Hicks & Goerge Gillett.

They have also told Rick Parry - that any funds made from players sales - will also be handed to Rafael Benitez.

That figure could then well top the 100 Million mark.

Onto the transfers side of things, as I said in the other link there will be alot of players leaving Anfield in the summer & that will leave space for lots of new faces.

Benitez's top priority - is to secure David Villa & Daniel Alves. He also has a big liking for Sami Eto'o - who is wanting to secure some sort of swap deal including Xabi Alonso.

Tal Ben Haim is set to snub Chelsea and sign in the summer. The fee will be minimal & Allardyce has already stated he will leave in the summer - barring a miracle.

Also other firm wants are Giovanni Dos Santos Ramirez of Barca.

Javier Saviola - who will be available on a bosman in the summer - talks have taken place before.

Rafael Vaan de Varrt is another target - talks have already been held with his club.

David Trezaguet is also an option & the stories about Juventus wanting Crouch are firm - but thus far he is only an option, should his other striking options not materialise.

ManUel Fernandes - on loan at Everton is also on Benitez's wish list - should his club Benfica lower there asking price.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is liked by Benitez and should Chelsea sell him as they are expected to - Benitez will match any offer that is made by any British club.

Morten Gamst Pedersen is someone who Benitez has made enquiries about in the last 2 months - as is Gareth Bale.

Rick parry has had contact with West Ham wigs regarding Carlos Tevez & Anton Ferdinand - should West Ham Be relegated.

Then there are a host of youngsters will arrive too. Names being floated about are -

Homegrown

James McCarthy - Hamilton

Nathan Porrit - Middlesbrough.

Richard Keogh - Bristol City. (50/50 with Manchester United.)

Ged Dalton - Scarborough.

Jacob Mellis - Sheffield Utd.

Danny Blanchett - Cambridge City FC.

Foreign

Pedro Alcala - Malaga.

Esteban Granero - Real Madrid.

Simon Andras - Mtk Hungaria.

Dean Bouzanis - New South Wales Institute of Sport.

Mikel San Jose Dominguez -Athletic Bilbao.

Javi Garcia - Real Madrid (Luis Garcia's Cousin)

Alexander Kacaniklic - Helsingborg.

Not every single player on the top list will arrive and others will come into the picture at later dates - but the players mentioned are all on the radar.

Have a good weekend all

dmjn