You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to all the stories that are released on an almost daily basis im taking this one with a pinch of salt.

One thing i will say though is isnt the guy who wrote this article the same guy who actually broke the story that DIC were back in for Liverpool. He quite possibly has some contacts within the investment company.

If a deal is done it is likely that the price will be unacceptable to fans since none of us wants to see G&H make a profit, especially after the way they have run the club.

I'm willing to put all that aside and not dwell on it too much, since that will be for the new owners to worry about. (Obviously this only applies as long as they themselves do not go on to load all the new debt on the club).

Here's to hoping.

I don't mind DIC putting debt on us as they have the funds to service it. That's the key for me.

That's no different to what the Yanks have planned then.. the club is going to finance the debt and if the club can't meet it then they'll pay it...

The key for me is that they provide SERIOUS funding for the team, otherwise 12 months down the line we could all be protesting to get DIC out and Kraft in...

They invest alot in their horses... good sign for me

...we might sign Van Nistelrooy.

Hicks could be being kept on to do the firing on behalve of DIC so they don't appear to be the bad guys coming in and sacking CEO's, life-presidents and ticket office supervisors!

That's no different to what the Yanks have planned then.. the club is going to finance the debt and if the club can't meet it then they'll pay it...

The key for me is that they provide SERIOUS funding for the team, otherwise 12 months down the line we could all be protesting to get DIC out and Kraft in...

I agree with that too... serious funding in the team is required ie 4 world class players to get us up there. 2 wingers, a striker and a full back.

With those four extra class players, do you think Rafa would challenge for the title?

:whistle:

With those extra "World Class" players I think Rafa would have a team able to challenge for the title. If he still can't then at the end of next season is when we should be looking to change the manager.

In the 4 years in charge Rafa has never had more than a £25m summer transfer kitty, in todays prices that's 1 1/2 world class players..

With those extra "World Class" players I think Rafa would have a team able to challenge for the title. If he still can't then at the end of next season is when we should be looking to change the manager.

In the 4 years in charge Rafa has never had more than a £25m summer transfer kitty, in todays prices that's 1 1/2 world class players..

I agree. I'd like to see Rafa backed properly in the summer and then I'd demand a proper challenge the following year. If he delivers, new contract, if not: out.

But I'd really like to hear what Rash says to my question.

But I'd really like to hear what Rash says to my question.

I have no comment on that and I am not going to talk about it as people will say I am going on and on. It would be interesting to see what people were demanding last summer from Rafa though.... I notice the demands change by the minute.