You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

1 minute ago, JagSquared said:

The thing is you can forgive the odd episode being bad like on TNG and DS9 but it’s another thing to have a whole season is bad like STD S3. 

You might not be that worried about what I think but you certainly spend a lot of time trying to tell me why you think I’m wrong.

What is it with people and a complete lack of comprehension? It's fucking rife in society. They read something then completely disregard it and replace it with something else. *Sigh* I did not say anything about not caring what you think, you asked me about being optimistic and stopping moaning, I said that you can do what you want; your views on the show don't stop me liking (or disliking) something. That means if you want to let it out, crack on, it's fine by me because it doesn't make me dislike something (you know, not being 8 years old 'n all). It was a direct response to your question. Surely you're not equating a few replies on a forum (at least half my life, apparently; the other half I spend worrying about it) with me spending a 'lot' of time telling you why you're wrong. You asked me a question so I answered it. You can think what you want, it's got nothing to do with me, but don't be surprised when you post something on a public fucking forum if somebody responds. And it wasn't the odd episode of TNG or DS9. 

I comprehend just fine. You pick up on any post that fairly calls out some of the idiocies of the new shows like anyone else can’t have an opinion. 

Also I meant worried as in arsed as you pointed out and I’m not sure where you’re getting “half my life” from either youre infereing a lot like you did with Dockers. 

anyway I’ve broken Garaks golden rule. 

301170A8-4026-4009-BA0C-BE9D4674C5B1.jpeg

30 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

What is nerdrotic? Off you go making assumptions and inferring things again. Just let people have their own opinions instead of chiming in everytime it doesn’t align to your thinking.

I’m not stopping anybody from having an opinion, you fucking blert. I’m responding with my own. You won’t stop me from having one just because you’ve called me a fool. If you want an unchallenged opinion, I suggest you’re posting it in the wrong place. You literally asked a question and now you're trying to shut down my opinion by saying that I'm somehow trying to stop opinion. It's mental behaviour. 

I'm bemused at this shit. I don't understand how somebody can read 'you're free to do what you want, crack on' as 'you are not free to have an opinion' and then try to shut down the discourse themselves. Fucking mad. It's like a facebook virus has overtaken the fucking internet. 

But you are stopping me and others from airing our opinion by constantly engaging with people who call out new trek and  telling me why people like me, need to stop picking at every little thing even when I called out some fairly valid questions in relation to S2 of Picard. You then told me post elsewhere in your last post. 

fair enough when i specifically asked you a question but you assumed I don’t like Picard because it’s not TNG even though my challenges were on how the show is seemingly missing some basic logic. You then got weird because I said I’m worried about SNW based on New Trek to date.

if you enjoy Picard and STD great, but don’t tell people to not question them or state a worry that SNW may go the same way. 

I genuinely can’t believe a Garak qoute set you off like this and I’m the “fucking blert” and “mental”. Priceless. 

go have a beer or whatever your muscle relaxant of choice is NV it’s really not worth it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Does the Excelsior give anyone else a hardon?

USS_Excelsior_in_Spacedock.jpg

No, you dirty little perv. 

The Sovereign Class Enterprise does though.

The good bits of this week’s Picard were him talking Renee into the mission and the Borg Queen taking full control.

Everything else was a bit weak.

• Upvote 1

"I’ve always thought that Star Trek should operate in the zone that is smaller,” Pine told Deadline. “You know, it’s not a Marvel appeal. It’s like, let’s make the movie for the people that love this group of people, that love this story, that love Star Trek. Let’s make it for them and then, if people want to come to the party, great.

clapping-approve.gif

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A Stitch in Time is great. I've not read many books but one of the few characters I really loved on DS9 was Garak, so I had too. 

The continuation novels are great but Not read a stitch in time yet, it’s sounds great, the paperbacks are ridiculously expensive though suppose I could go for an electronic version but it’ll have be read on my phone.