You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

2 minutes ago, Ian Sea said:

10 episodes in the series? Needs 26 to be proper Trek. 

Almost all shows have binned that off a long time ago. This is definitely one of those times where they need more than 10, but really only because I want more of it. They've wrapped filming of S2 this week. 

Finally caught up today after being 3 episodes behind. I see there is a lot of criticism of episode 9 but I enjoyed it. 8 was prob one of the weaker episodes of the season. 

spoilers below;

on episode 9 the main criticism seems to be it was a rip off of alien and predator which I get to a degree it was also decently done and I didn’t see the end coming. 

the criticism about retconning of the Gorn is a another one I don’t really get, we didn’t know much about them did we? Although I guess it is a bit strange how they can explain the baby gorn essentially being raptors developing into a spacefaring species. But that’s what makes them scary it could just be a juvenile phase for all we know.

3 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Finally caught up today after being 3 episodes behind. I see there is a lot of criticism of episode 9 but I enjoyed it. 8 was prob one of the weaker episodes of the season. 

spoilers below;

on episode 9 the main criticism seems to be it was a rip off of alien and predator which I get to a degree it was also decently done and I didn’t see the end coming. 

the criticism about retconning of the Gorn is a another one I don’t really get, we didn’t know much about them did we? Although I guess it is a bit strange how they can explain the baby gorn essentially being raptors developing into a spacefaring species. But that’s what makes them scary it could just be a juvenile phase for all we know.

Basically the young Gorn are like council estate kids - feral and dangerous. 

some will however grow up to get jobs and an education. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Great finale that but also quite sombre at the same time.

No hiding it, there was a couple of times I welled up in this. Probably not at the moments you’d expect, but they’ve done a great job in making you care about the characters and the relationships in just 10 episodes. 

• Upvote 1

I rewatched Balance of Terror at lunch.  I have to give massive kudos to the SNW team. They really nailed this episode and the way it matches BoT.   Looking forward to series 2.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I rewatched Balance of Terror at lunch.  I have to give massive kudos to the SNW team. They really nailed this episode and the way it matches BoT.   Looking forward to series 2.  

Yeah man, I watched it in the week before this latest one. Quality episode, and the way this ties in so tastefully is testament to how much better this is than the later seasons of DSC. 

32 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Fair enough mate. Have you watched TOS or any of the other shows? It’s episodic, so the type of episode varies. Maybe give Memento Mori a go. I think it’s episode 4. 

No mate. I'll persevere and give it more of a chance.

• Upvote 1