You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Kor?  He was played by the same fella who played Baltar in the 70's BSG.   Agreed, he was a fantastic character as was Gowron. 

The currently Klingons (from Discovery etc) are shite. 

Yeah Jon Collicos. Reprised his role of Kor in a DSN episode when he was about 150 and going off his batleth a bit!

Collicos had a knack of appearing to be a sinister but likable character in my opinion.

I cant remember whether it's Lurs or Beh'tor (fuck knows how you spell it) from TNG as the klingon woman Id fancy having a rumble with.

13 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah Jon Collicos. Reprised his role of Kor in a DSN episode when he was about 150 and going off his batleth a bit!

Collicos had a knack of appearing to be a sinister but likable character in my opinion.

I cant remember whether it's Lurs or Beh'tor (fuck knows how you spell it) from TNG as the klingon woman Id fancy having a rumble with.

The Duras Sisters? Braver man than I then!

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished (re)watching TNG; it’s unbelievable how good it is. Absolutely superb. Up there with the best TV I’ve ever seen and far better than I remember when I watched it as a 10 year old. 

Started with DS9 now which I’ve never seen before. 

Also recently watched Picard which I enjoyed (me and the misses watched it in 3 sittings). Wasn’t happy with the effects appearing closer to Discovery than TNG in the timeline though, that was shit. Fat Data didn’t make sense too. Loved it tho, how can you not! 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ian Sea said:

Just finished (re)watching TNG; it’s unbelievable how good it is. Absolutely superb. Up there with the best TV I’ve ever seen and far better than I remember when I watched it as a 10 year old. 

Started with DS9 now which I’ve never seen before. 

Also recently watched Picard which I enjoyed (me and the misses watched it in 3 sittings). Wasn’t happy with the effects appearing closer to Discovery than TNG in the timeline though, that was shit. Fat Data didn’t make sense too. Loved it tho, how can you not! 

I've been watching The Next Generation again, it's unreal in terms of the writing, depth of characters and moral questions it poses. 

I watched Yesterday's Enterprise and it takes the piss how good it is.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've been watching The Next Generation again, it's unreal in terms of the writing, depth of characters and moral questions it poses. 

So far ahead of its time it’s untrue. 

In more ways than one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it's next level shit. Easily in my top 10 series ever. 

• Upvote 2

On 02/04/2021 at 18:21, Section_31 said:

Pisses all over nu Trek. 
Even the crap TNG episode (of which there were very few) are better than anything STD or Picard have brought us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Pisses all over nu Trek. 
Even the crap TNG episode (of which there were very few) are better than anything STD or Picard have brought us. 

Agreed, Nu Trek is absolute garbage. Should not even be called Star Trek.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

My brother absolutely loved TNG when we were younger. I could never get into it, and used to moan like fuck when he put it on, but always quietened down when Deanna Troi was on screen.

Had the pleasure of seeing her in the (clothed) flesh at the height of TNG. Happy to report she was absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I had a picture of Troi on my desk at school, true story. If you ever want her to engage with you on Twitter just slag off Arsenal as she's a mad spurs fan, she loves it. 

Just make sure you don't have a pop at her ex 

Marina Sirtis
@Marina_Sirtis

Watching my teen boyfriend Graeme Souness on Sky News. Ah memories!

https://mobile.twitter.com/marina_sirtis/status/338349172266790912?lang=en

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Caroline Davis said:

Q back in series 2 of Picard. I like John de Lancie.

Yep that was very good I’m a little excited but i can’t help thinking how they are going to turn it into a “Picard has to save the universe” and ruin it.

maybe I got my hopes up too much last time but I still can’t wait to watch it.

2 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Yep that was very good I’m a little excited but i can’t help thinking how they are going to turn it into a “Picard has to save the universe” and ruin it.

maybe I got my hopes up too much last time but I still can’t wait to watch it.

I thought the first series was dire but I'm always willing to give each new season a chance, especially when there's been a change in creative personnel.

Time will be a big factor in this one I think, I reckon they'll have a young actor playing picard in the past, possibly on the Stargazer.

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I thought the first series was dire but I'm always willing to give each new season a chance, especially when there's been a change in creative personnel.

Time will be a big factor in this one I think, I reckon they'll have a young actor playing picard in the past, possibly on the Stargazer.

Oh I hadn’t realised the creative team has changed. If that’s the case then I’m more excited.

Picard S1 started well, it just lost itself to an ultimately disappointing end which was mostly down to bad writing.