You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I didn’t suggest what you were thinking. I said if you were left thinking... 

whatever, hope you enjoyed the episode. 

I did actually. Apart from a bit I might have mentioned. The Spock contributions were particularly enjoyable.

6 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I did actually. Apart from a bit I might have mentioned. The Spock contributions were particularly enjoyable.

Ethan Peck as Spock, or Speck as I HILARIOUSLY call him, is an inspired choice. I was worried, but he’s really very good. The dynamic between him and Burnham is great. 

15 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Ethan Peck as Spock, or Speck as I HILARIOUSLY call him, is an inspired choice. I was worried, but he’s really very good. The dynamic between him and Burnham is great. 

And, I think, much needed: there's a danger that the 'everything revolves around Burnham' thing could get out of control, but Spock's witty observations seem to show the producers have possibly acknowledged it. His 'Mary Jane' summation of Burnham's personality was particularly welcome, from that point of view.

Hopefully, the plot lines become less Burnham-centric as it moves on, though the Red Angel reveal makes sense and rounds some back-story off.

Yes, I'd agree they played a blinder in the casting of Ethan Peck and Anson Mount in the Originals roles. 

I always disagreed with the lazy Mary Sue criticism of Burnham, although things do revolve around her (and most other main characters in general). This season has had a lot of time for Pike and Spock and Saru. It will finish with her and her Mum's story, so no issue there. I agree that it balances things well with Spock, and was obviously the intention of the writers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having watched the latest episode, can't help feeling that Control may actually be a Borg origins story.  I suspected it a few eps back, but each episode seems to reinforce the theory.  Still quite a few holes in the theory, hence an element of uncertainty but far too many synergies as well to suggest otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I enjoyed that a lot. It's not your classic Star Trek, but that's a good thing. The entire season came together quite well and I wasn't even that annoyed about Michael's antics in the final episode. So, generally a win. Hopefully next season they will have a lot of exploration in the Delta (or was it Beta) quadrant. Trying to get back in time or something. Should be cool.

• 1 month later...

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/tarantino-star-trek-project-sweary-r-rated/

Tarantino’s Star Trek Project Is Sweary And R-Rated

While Quentin Tarantino has most recently been hunkered down working on Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, his ninth film, the mega film-geek director has also been linked to a Star Trek project – an idea that he pitched to Paramount, which is now being worked on by a group of writers. And while Gene Roddenberry’s sci-fi universe has largely been one void of swearing (Star Trek: Discovery aside), like all things QT, this Star Trek would set phasers to ‘F-bomb’.

Speaking in the upcoming new issue of Empire, Tarantino confirmed that his new frontier for Star Trek will be swear-laden (“Oh yeah!”), and that it will be R-rated if he steps behind the camera. “It’s an R-rated movie,” he said. “If I do it, it’ll be R-rated.” As for the latest stage of the project, the filmmaker said: “There’s a script that exists for it now. I need to weigh in on it, but I haven’t been able to do that yet.” When Once Upon A Time In Hollywood hits the big screen later this summer, it sounds like QT could be setting off at Warp speed into cosmic science fiction.

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2019 at 14:43, Sugar Ape said:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/tarantino-star-trek-project-sweary-r-rated/

Tarantino’s Star Trek Project Is Sweary And R-Rated

While Quentin Tarantino has most recently been hunkered down working on Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, his ninth film, the mega film-geek director has also been linked to a Star Trek project – an idea that he pitched to Paramount, which is now being worked on by a group of writers. And while Gene Roddenberry’s sci-fi universe has largely been one void of swearing (Star Trek: Discovery aside), like all things QT, this Star Trek would set phasers to ‘F-bomb’.

Speaking in the upcoming new issue of Empire, Tarantino confirmed that his new frontier for Star Trek will be swear-laden (“Oh yeah!”), and that it will be R-rated if he steps behind the camera. “It’s an R-rated movie,” he said. “If I do it, it’ll be R-rated.” As for the latest stage of the project, the filmmaker said: “There’s a script that exists for it now. I need to weigh in on it, but I haven’t been able to do that yet.” When Once Upon A Time In Hollywood hits the big screen later this summer, it sounds like QT could be setting off at Warp speed into cosmic science fiction.

Well I guess those 'Klingon bastards' never murdered Kirk's son. 

On 21/07/2019 at 00:41, Numero Veinticinco said:

@Section_31 What do you think of THAT shit, brother man. 

Looks really good mate.

Few things I've taken from it. The Romulans seem to now revere Picard because he led the evacuation when the supernova destroyed Romulus. 

Borg or Borg tech are going to be a feature, may be something to do with this female character being perceived as dangerous. There's that shot of the smashed up Borg cube and Jonathan Del Arco is in it, who played Hugh in I Borg. 

I think the scene with Data is on the holodeck, looks like Picard plays cards with him.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...