You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skend04 said:

The last 2 episodes have been ace.

I think the entire season has been fucking excellent. Of course, like anything, there's a few bits in there that aren't perfect, but generally this has been a good watch. I thought E8 was right on the money. Speck (Spock played by Peck!) is brilliant, their dodgy sibling relationship is good, Pike is fucking boss. I like it a lot.

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

It would be. Looked like a female figure when Saru saw it. Phillipa Georgiou, before her spin-off series?

It's definitely female. Spock said so. It definitely has human thoughts and emotions. I think I know who it is, but I'll put it in spoilers for people who don't like that sort of thing (I'm normally one!) 

I think it's Zora (the AI from the Short Trek 'Calypso', who will have used Airiam's memories to help her become sentient). Zora was voiced by Annabelle Wallis, from Peaky Blinders, so I wouldn't be shocked if she appears later on. It would be excellent writing.

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It's definitely female. Spock said so. It definitely has human thoughts and emotions. I think I know who it is, but I'll put it in spoilers for people who don't like that sort of thing (I'm normally one!) 

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's Zora (the AI from the Short Trek 'Calypso', who will have used Airiam's memories to help her become sentient). Zora was voiced by Annabelle Wallis, from Peaky Blinders, so I wouldn't be shocked if she appears later on. It would be excellent writing.

That's a great call! I'd forgotten about those episodes. 

It's canon and tied into that, like Troi. Such a minor thing to critique with so many other major things happening. If you watched that episode and were left thinking... damn, that Admiral was once a psychiatrist, this sucks! Then I think a rewatch might be in order! 

I was personally a bit salty whilst watching it because of the 'WTF do you mean it's HER'. But then, it all made sense. Having been back and watched it, it's excellently tied together.

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It's canon and tied into that, like Troi. Such a minor thing to critique with so many other major things happening. If you watched that episode and were left thinking... damn, that Admiral was once a psychiatrist, this sucks! Then I think a rewatch might be in order! 

I was personally a bit salty whilst watching it because of the 'WTF do you mean it's HER'. But then, it all made sense. Having been back and watched it, it's excellently tied together.

Actually, no. I endured that bit and then broke off to make an angry post on here and vent my spleen. It was vomitous trite shite.

Then I watched the rest and enjoyed it. 

Hope that's ok.