You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

It wouldn't be a big surprise to be honest. It's pretty clear from what we've seen so far this season that things are not right in our dressing room.

Lets look at the facts:

Babel and Crouch have hardly figured

Riise has been banished

Alonso has hardly figured since his recovery from injury. Same goes for Finnan.

Kewell clearly can't be fucked

Something happened between Carra and Rafa on Wednesday which resulted in him being shifted to right back today (Rafa showing him who's boss)

Rafa sells players all the time, ones he loses confidence in. Why can't players lose confidence in the manager?

They can, but they are supposed to be professionals and should get on with their job all the same. A lot of the players hated him at Valencia from the start and they were still incredibly successful.

Knife well and truly plunged.

"Indignity of being shoved from one position to another" - Like the season he won PFA Player of the year you mean. How can playing for Liverpool be an indignity?

Also, making an issue of playing a guy who has played loads at left-back and another guy who has played loads at right-back to ease a new centre-back in against a weaker side is pretty ignorant. Dare I suggest that Bascombe is looking after his own interests, as he know that two out of Benitez, Gerrard and Carragher have a good chance of being here come August, and so fawning all over them is the recipe of the day?

thats enough sense out of you Stuart

thats the annoying bit, if he`s finished, just cut to the chase and sack him, all this fannying about is doing my head in

its like eyeing up a bird for months without asking her out, just get fucking done with it

I agree mate, rightly or wrongly he is finished, that's a fact that will simply not change, the sooner he is removed the sooner we can TRY to move forward.

I'm sorry, but how fuckin pathetic is that from the 'local hereos' if they fed the info to Bascombe.

As AWS said, my heart bleeds for them that they have been asked to play out of position, and that they still need to win the title for their personal medal collections.

I know there's a lot of love for Carra, but I'd be really dissapointed if this is true. It's just not the Liverpool Way...

Based on his form this year I'd just be grateful enough to be on the pitch in any position if I were Carra.

That match report is ridiculous from Bascombe. He should be ashamed of himself. I've never said anything bad about the guy before today but thats a cunts move.

Gerrard and Carra can fuck themselves aswell quite frankly- its not benitez's fault you're shit- play with some fucking pride.

Yep, totally agree with that.

1892 i dont think Babel's situation has anything to do with it he has said himself that he has struggled to adapt and needs games, but Rafa is using him correctly and Babel is responding i havent a sign of decent from him since he joined and has played his usual game like he does for Holland.

Aurelio again its just injuries, as for Risse thank fuck for that he needs to be dropped.

Its the english side of things that i feel are having the more power in this situation and have lost their faith the spanish and foreign continguent i feel, feel like they owe Rafa their lives they currently have and will give their all, as shown from Pepe, Torres, Masch and Arbeloa they all give their all and its down to Rafa.

Thats why i feel he should stay the spine of the squad he best its been for years and its Rafa's.

Carragher can do no wrong in the eyes of a lot of fans but he's been a liabilty this season. He's been a great servant but he is on the slide now.

i dont know if he is on the slide. I think he has a few solid years in him yet. But, he has made some shocking decisions that I wouldnt expect the best center half in England make.

Based on his form this year I'd just be grateful enough to be on the pitch in any position if I were Carra.

bollocks.

while not at his usual best he's still been solid. Agger being out most of the season hasn't helped. JC & SH lack pace and it hasn't helped, nor has injuries to Finnan too (who is also struggling to regain his normal consistency)

What Bascombe has implied, has been obvious to those who have gone week in week out. There is a distinct lack of fight and unity. Not caused by the bollocks in the boardroom but whats gone on in training and in the dressing room.

It certainly hasn't been the best or easiest of circumstances for rafa this season but he hasn't helped himself.

We've played about 40 games this season so far?

Babel's been involved in at least 3 quarters.

How many games has he started?

He's scored an astonishing amount of goals considering how much pitch time he's had.

If we're playing fluid football and scoring a shitload of goals without him, then fair enough.

But the continued persistance with any other option than Babel or Crouch in their respective positions, when they are doing fuck all and not contributing in an attacking sense doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

How many games has he started?

He's scored an astonishing amount of goals considering how much pitch time he's had.

If we're playing fluid football and scoring a shitload of goals without him, then fair enough.

But the continued persistance with any other option than Babel or Crouch in their respective positions, when they are doing fuck all and not contributing in an attacking sense doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Does it not seem a bit of a coincidence to you that he scores most his goals when he comes on as a sub, when the opposition are tiring?

bollocks.

while not at his usual best he's still been solid. Agger being out most of the season hasn't helped. JC & SH lack pace and it hasn't helped, nor has injuries to Finnan too (who is also struggling to regain his normal consistency)

What Bascombe has implied, has been obvious to those who have gone week in week out. There is a distinct lack of fight and unity. Not caused by the bollocks in the boardroom but whats gone on in training and in the dressing room.

It certainly hasn't been the best or easiest of circumstances for rafa this season but he hasn't helped himself.

If the players can't be arsed to play for Rafa that may be a huge problem for the manager and would inevitably result in him getting the boot, its a fucking disgrace for the players though.

It could be no more than a speculative piece but its a hell of a change in direction from Bascombe.

Obviously the disruption to the back 4 hasn't helped Carra but he's been a weaker link there than Sami has in all honesty.

If and when he gets sacked it will be because of shit results and nothign else. Players revolting are part of management.

If carra and steve have no faith in their manager and wrongly showing it on the pitch then results will be affected and Rafa will be sacked wrongly in my opinion, Rafa may or may not be the man to lead us to the title but he should have a team that plays 100% all the time and if he doesnt then he will not have been sacked for the right reasons.