You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

I don't agree with the points about Henry at all, and I have always thought Gerrard and Carragher should stay at the club for their playing career, but NO player should be thinking they are bigger than the team. On that pitch you slog your guts out or fuck off. In fairness I don't think the two players mentioned are failing to put the effort in, but they need to keep their mouths shut in the press whether that's through statements to the camera or talking off the record.

Rafa used to play Sissoko ahead of Gerrard in the middle and now pays Skrtel at centra back ahead of Carragher when he as top class right back fit and available. Of course he has lost the plot, without a doubt.

You know what, nearly every fucking thing you post I have to bite my lip but just fuck a long way off will you?

Nothing new there. It's been pretty obvious carra and gerrard aren't backing him for weeks now.

Players putting their own interests first. Who would have thought it?

So Carra had to play agame at right back? My heart bleeds.He's obviously joined the can't be dropped,moved or subbed club.

Rafa used to play Sissoko ahead of Gerrard in the middle and now pays Skrtel at centra back ahead of Carragher when he as top class right back fit and available. Of course he has lost the plot, without a doubt.

Meanwhile the second bestest manager in the world ever (behind Wenger obviously) is telling his side to stop the prettyfootball and be more effective.

Worra shitehouse.

It was wrong to play Carra at right back but lets face it, Carra has hardly been consistent this season he is becoming more and more of a liability at the back. He was lucky not to give a penalty away today.

Nothing new there. It's been pretty obvious carra and gerrard aren't backing him for weeks now.

So Carra had to play agame at right back? My heart bleeds.He's obviously joined the can't be dropped,moved or subbed club.

By playing Carra at Right Back has Rafa lost "faith" in Carra as a centre back given that Finnan is fit?

And you can imagine the influence they wield in the dressing room. Benitez is 1,000% finished.

By playing Carra at Right Back has Rafa lost "faith" in Carra as a centre back given that Finnan is fit?

Or, and sit down Rash because this is a shocker, it could be that given we were playing a team in the lower reaches of the table he thought it was a perfect oppertunity to try and bed Skrtel in after the shaky debut and give Aurelio a game before he's injured again.

Yet sissoko and alonso were one of the cm's best pairings in the prem that season and Gerrard showed true world class ability.

your attitude to boscombe Rashid is bizzaire please tell me whare of fantastic RB because arbeloa has taken finnans mantle as he is ageing.

Also carra has shown he isnt the force he was at all and that is not down to Rafa it his age and the fact that his best is behind him.

Skertal showed maturity, pace and an ability to play the ball allready at twenty three today, two of thoughs things carra has shown a ability not to have.

Gerrard has far to much stroke in the dressing room and isnt a leader he is the dogs bollocks as a player but his attitude affects us on the pitch and off it.

And you can imagine the influence they wield in the dressing room. Benitez is 1,000% finished.

thats the annoying bit, if he`s finished, just cut to the chase and sack him, all this fannying about is doing my head in

its like eyeing up a bird for months without asking her out, just get fucking done with it

Or, and sit down Rash because this is a shocker, it could be that given we were playing a team in the lower reaches of the table he thought it was a perfect oppertunity to try and bed Skrtel in after the shaky debut and give Aurelio a game before he's injured again.

Which is fine? So why play Carra at right back when Finnan is a much better full back than him?

Even in victory, there is an inescapable feeling they are losing faith in their manager's increasingly deluded belief he will deliver it.

And the 2,000 fans who stayed behind on the Kop echoed their heroes' sentiments.

Who would blame them? They were promised an end to being surrounded by dross when Gerard Houllier was shown the exit door.

Is he implying the stay behind protest was against Rafa?

Absolutely spot on, and as I said before the game it was a good idea to play Carra and Hyypia either side of him after his debut. As it turns out we won the game and it paid off. If we start seeing it every week I would have to question it. I also thought, shock horror, that it was a good idea to give Lucas a try on the left in this game after he did quite well there as a sub in the previous game.

I'm sorry, but how fuckin pathetic is that from the 'local hereos' if they fed the info to Bascombe.

As AWS said, my heart bleeds for them that they have been asked to play out of position, and that they still need to win the title for their personal medal collections.

I know there's a lot of love for Carra, but I'd be really dissapointed if this is true. It's just not the Liverpool Way...